Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4841 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:21 pm

OFSO, no, herd isolation. At certain point there will be insufficient free negatives to be pinged.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4842 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:16 pm
We take a lateral flow test regularly. I think under most circumstances I would tell the people I have had contact, rather than trust the App.

It would be mainly friends and family
I have had no close contact within the meaning since Covid began.
However, spitting on the "pregnancy test stick" apparently is not all it's cracked up to be if the US FDA can be relied on to disseminate the truth;

"The same tests have been used by UK hospitals, care homes and schools since last year to reduce asymptomatic transmission of the virus.
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the accuracy of the Innova rapid self-administered lateral flow tests.
The FDA has instructed US citizens to stop using the tests amid “significant concerns that the performance of the test has not been adequately established, presenting a risk to health”.
A letter issued to Innova by the FDA explained that the US had concerns around a lack of market authorisation and the reported “Clinical Performance” of the tests. It is concerned that the test may be providing false-positive and false-negative results and therefore posing an increased risk to the public.
It explained that while the manufacturer “claimed a Relative Sensitivity of 96%”, the claims appear “unsupported by any clinical data including both clinical performance data submitted to FDA in your Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) request for the SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test and in published reports of clinical studies of the SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test.”
The Innova Sars-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test, which delivers results within 30 minutes without the need for processing in a laboratory, has been used by UK hospitals, care homes and schools since last year to reduce asymptomatic transmission of the virus.

A full risk assessment;

US citizens have been instructed to “Destroy the tests by placing them in the trash ” or return them to the manufacturer. However, the agency does admit that it has not received reports of injuries or death associated with the use of the test.
The UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) issued a special market authorisation for the Innova test last year.
“We are aware of the FDA communication,” the MHRA director of devices Graeme Tunbridge admitted.
“The MHRA are reviewing all available information and are working closely with NHS Test and Trace to ensure that a full risk assessment is undertaken, as is our normal process, to understand any implications for products being used in the UK. Patient safety is our main priority and we will issue safety information as and when necessary.”
An Innova spokesperson responded to the news; “The Innova rapid antigen test has been widely used, studied, tested, scrutinised and analysed with data supporting the efficacy of the test from the largest mass testing programme out of the UK.
“Innova is confident about the quality of its product.”

I must go out and increase my shares in Innova so's I can join BigPharma capitalising on the fears of the peasantry and grow unbelievably rich as a result.

One thing I still find disturbing in O-N is the number of apparently mature educated former aviation professionals who still have not yet twigged what a massive con this entire pan(dem)ic has turned out to be.

Talking of face nappies, might this be the reason grown adults continue to wear a 'chin sling' despite the cessation of mandatory wearing of a questionable prophylactic device;

"The phrase Linus blanket denotes an object, or occasionally a person, depended upon for reassurance and comfort. It was named after Linus van Pelt, a small boy who carries a blanket for comfort in the comic strip Peanuts, by the American cartoonist Charles Monroe Schulz (1922-2000)".... :)) =))

P S. Thanks for missing me PN, I'm just finding my "Long Covid" symptoms are (fortunately for the forum's members) reducing my volume of posts and such will remain the position for some time to come, though I am getting better... :-$

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4843 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Have you worked out when or how you may have caught it?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4844 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:56 pm
Have you worked out when or how you may have caught it?
Yes, definitely where and when, but the ghastly details may upset some here, which is why I have been reluctant to specify the 'Scariant" and its source.

Maybe better for me to keep schtum about the details, unless any here wish to be advised about the risks and would like to know how to avoid catching my particular Mutant Ninja version?

If any in the O-N forum wish to know more about the infection trail and the treatment, I will gladly reveal the process, but it may prove to be upsetting to some on the forum and I am reluctant to be a source of distress at an already critical time in the history of this deadly plague.

But, heyho, we're all keen to learn and if a sufficient number of O-N folk wish to appreciate the risk, then I am happy to post on this thread the full details of my event and no need for PMs, just place yer vote in this thread and I will attempt to elucidate for the benefit of all here. :-w

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4845 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Let's hear the tale.

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4846 Post by llondel » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:23 pm

I'll vote yes. If you can deal with a toddler's nappy blowout without help then most other stuff is manageable.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4847 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Add me, I want to know. Can't be worse than nurse taking a sample of exudate from my prostate. ("Now you might feel a slight burning sensation in a minute... ")

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4848 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:37 pm

+1 for the reveal.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#4849 Post by Smeagol » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:41 pm

I will also add a 'yes' vote. I, also, have had the lurgi, but have no idea where or from whom I caught it.
We hates Bagginses!

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4850 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:19 pm

Spit it out Barkers!

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#4851 Post by bob2s » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:38 pm

➕ 1 more

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4852 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:03 am

Apparently there have been some anti-lockdown protests in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide(?) according to a brief snippet I heard on the all leather wireless a little while ago. :-o And the Police were not amused! [-X

Will be interesting to see what and how it is reported on the Idiot box news late this evening. :-?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4853 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:35 am

Tokyo Olympics
From the deserted stands in Tokyo’s 60,000-seat National Stadium
Daily Telegraph illustrated the start with a picture of a crowded stadium. Was the reporter even there?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#4854 Post by Dushan » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:06 pm

I am reluctant to be a source of distress at an already critical time in the history of this deadly plague.

"Deadly plague"? So you are writing from the grave?

Please, let’s have it.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4855 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:12 pm

Man who made fun of vaccination efforts on social media dies of Covid
“I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," Stephen Harmon said in a tweet last month.

Man who made fun of vaccination efforts on social media dies of Covid
“I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," Stephen Harmon said in a tweet last month.

LOS ANGELES — A man who mocked Covid-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.

Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.

Corona Regional Medical Center in Corona, Calif., where Stephen Harmon, 34, was admitted before he passed away.

Stephen Harmon posted photos of himself in his hospital bed, wrote that he had pneumonia and critically low oxygen levels and was going to be intubated. In a tweet Wednesday, Harmon wrote: “Don’t know when I’ll wake up, please pray,” KCBS-TV reported.

Three days before his death, Harmon tweeted: “If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith!”

Before his hospitalization, Harmon had made fun of vaccination efforts on social media.

“I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," he said in a tweet last month.

On July 8, he posted: “Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork.”

Harmon's death was “unbelievably demoralizing," Dr. Oren Friedman, who treats Covid-19 patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, told KCBS-TV. He said the number of Covid-19 admissions had increased tenfold.

“Virtually every single person that is getting sick enough to be admitted to the hospital has not been vaccinated,” Friedman said.

California has seen escalating numbers of Covid-19 infections, led by the highly transmissible delta variant that has proliferated since the state fully reopened the economy last month. The vast majority of new cases are among unvaccinated people, and health officials have pleaded for people to get the shots.

On Friday, the state Department of Public Health reported nearly 8,000 new cases a day earlier and the testing positivity rate over seven days had jumped to more than 5 percent after dipping below 1% only a few weeks ago.

Los Angeles County, which has about a fourth of the state's population, reported more than 3,000 new cases for the first time since February. There were 655 people with Covid-19 in hospitals, a jump of more than 200 people in a week, according to county figures.

Harmon attended Hillsong Church in Los Angeles.

Founder Brian Houston called him “one of the most generous people I know.”

“As a church, our focus is on the spiritual well-being of the people in each of our local communities. On any medical issue, we strongly encourage those in our church to follow the guidance of their doctors," Houston said in a statement to KCBS-TV. “While many of our staff, leadership and congregation have already received the Covid vaccine, we recognize this is a personal decision for each individual to make with the counsel of medical professionals.”

Very fitting.
Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.

PP

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4856 Post by OFSO » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:59 pm

Sorry, but one less damned fool in the world.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4857 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm

All together too many stories like the above.
People think that it can't get them or if it does, then it won't be so bad.
I don't understand their thought process, dis-informed or in total denial.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/it ... d-n1274659

These people change their mind on their deathbeds and think the vaccine will miraculously save them only to be told by the doctor that it is too late.
Sad for their families but their thinking is probably just as deluded.
Also, the fact that here in the US we have plenty of vaccine and they are literally having trouble giving it away. ~X(
If they would be permanently be denied any chance to be vaccinated after refusal, those doses should be sent to other countries that are struggling to get supplies of it. :-?

PP

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4858 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm

Also, the fact that here in the US we have plenty of vaccine and they are literally having trouble giving it away. ~X(
If they would be permanently be denied any chance to be vaccinated after refusal, those doses should be sent to other countries that are struggling to get supplies of it. :-?

PP
+1
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4859 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:22 am

Harmon's death was “unbelievably demoralizing," Dr. Oren ty,
Salutory lesson and one of many, sadly anti-vaxers will not believe it.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4860 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 am

Dushan wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:06 pm
I am reluctant to be a source of distress at an already critical time in the history of this deadly plague.

"Deadly plague"? So you are writing from the grave?

Please, let’s have it.
Dushan welcome again,

And one more vote to have it

I can't believe how many people suddenly got degrees and PhD in virology or related sciences and voice concerned about the vaccine.