A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Dushan
Capt
Capt

Re: Coronabollocks..

#5001 Post by Dushan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:18 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:53 pm
We've had this discussion before. My theory (and that of many others) is that the 'cheap' (and effective) drugs like Ivermectin are being suppressed for financial reasons - there is NO profit for the big companies there. I asked my MP to look at this and he came back with a DHSS reply that 'it is not approved for use'. No sight of any 'trial' which would, by definition, cost peanuts. So bye-bye.

I even saw that the Chump's favourite (no, not the stirrup pump) was proving effective in ameliorating the disease.

I cannot see how this big block can be shifted. A you say, Pfizer will be rolling even deeper in the dosh.
Watch out Boac, you're going to join BM on the naughty step if you continue this...
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5002 Post by Dushan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:22 am

llondel wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:09 pm
It is interesting to note that certain prominent people in positions of authority in some US states that are enacting policies which make it more likely that people would catch Covid are implicated in buying up shares in companies that make some of the more successful treatments (as opposed to vaccines).
This sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Watch out you may join BM in the oubliette. Oh, wait you are dumping on US governors who are advocating freedom. All good, carry on.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5003 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:24 am

I’ve got a little list — I’ve got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!
There’s the pestilential nuisances who write for autographs —
All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs —
He's got a little list

admin
Chief Engineer

#5004 Post by admin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:16 am

Dushan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:13 am
And to think that O-N was created as a direct result of TOP banning people left, right, and centre, for their opinions and thoughts.
In the last four (4) years besides BM ONLY two people have been banned. I am happy to stand by that record. As for BM, I was becoming increasingly of the opinion that his brand of paranoia is contagious. I know that his ***** was affecting both my mental stability and those of others who had reported his posts. If you don't like Ops-Normal Dush, do feel free to leave at your convenience.

Admin/Alison

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5005 Post by OFSO » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 am

Agree completely. If you don't like ON why come here? If you stay, obey the very relaxed rules (such as they are).

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5006 Post by ian16th » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:40 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 am
Agree completely. If you don't like ON why come here? If you stay, obey the very relaxed rules (such as they are).
+1
Cynicism improves with age

flyboy22
ATPL
ATPL

#5007 Post by flyboy22 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:19 pm

Can anyone please define what a 'conspiracy theory' is, as related to this topic? I've seen mention of it above as a possible reason for getting banned. I would prefer not to be banned, having joined just a few days ago.

Also...someone mentioned ...'it depends on where you get your facts from...'or words to that effect. Again...please can someone clarify? Are facts not, just facts. I.e. 2+2=4. If the fact is obviously true, but perhaps comes from a 'non-conventional', non-MSM, non-government source for instance, does it not nevertheless remain a fact? Why would the writer be deemed to be a 'conspiracy theorist' and subsequently banned? Surely that would be a restriction to free-speech, where only facts from 'agreed' sources are allowed. And the same facts are banned from 'other' sources?

And perhaps more importantly, when opposing 'facts' come to light from reputable sources...Is it not better to debate those new 'facts', and prove them to be either correct or incorrect...Rather than to dismiss them 'out-of-hand without sensible discussion, and simply dismiss the writer as a...'conspiracy theorist'?

Please can someone let me know exactly what the rules are regarding these points? Many thanks....

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5008 Post by OFSO » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:28 pm

My facts come from what I see and hear around me. Those are beyond question. Media? Good for a laugh, although CatalanTV is very serious and factual indeed (except for the meteo reports which are pure fiction) and I do watch it twice daily.

My opinion on the Covid situation - severity, infections, deaths, long-Covid - is and always has been based on people I know and with whom I come into contact. Friends and family, acquaintances, our cleaner, doctor, dentist, pharmacy, hairdresser, shopkeepers... Small town info (not to say gossip).

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5009 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:32 pm

A conspiracy theory is founded on a false premise that then gathers support that gives it a false authority.

The Moon landings are a classic based on supposed movement of the flag in a vacuum.

Progaganda is a fine example of the genre with the best lie being based on a feasible premise that people are predisposed to believe.

Suggesting that the Covid vaccine is a means of World domination by big pharma us another.

The more authorative the source quoted, true or false, the more believable. Quoting Daily Mail, RT or some wacky website gets few points. Quoting a scientific paper, a professor etc is more credible.

Only when you examine the scientists credibility or check his funded might you begin to doubt the story.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5010 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:40 pm

And of the rules, making a wacky statement is not a problem. Continually thumping the same drum and allowing no debate in the face of contrary opinions becomes simply boring. BM is not alone in this.

Some members here are very knowledgeable and extremely scrupulous in quoting sources or reporting from personal observation.

There is one topic that is a no no but you don't need to know.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5011 Post by Dushan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:17 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:16 am
Dushan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:13 am
And to think that O-N was created as a direct result of TOP banning people left, right, and centre, for their opinions and thoughts.
In the last four (4) years besides BM ONLY two people have been banned. I am happy to stand by that record. As for BM, I was becoming increasingly of the opinion that his brand of paranoia is contagious. I know that his *sh*t* was affecting both my mental stability and those of others who had reported his posts. If you don't like Ops-Normal Dush, do feel free to leave at your convenience.

Admin/Alison
Nah, I think I’ll stick around and lob snide remarks as I watch you morph into what you swore you wan't be. I am very much the "I told you so" kinda guy. Call me a wanna be Rush Limbaugh, RIP, type of guy.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5012 Post by Dushan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Suggesting that the Covid vaccine is a means of World domination by big pharma us another.
And so what if it is a "conspiracy theory" and not real? Either you believe it and are a conspiracy theorist or you laugh it off as a whacko idea. Are you afraid that if you hear it too many times you are going to believe it, so you want it silenced?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5013 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:33 pm

Personally I find it too difficult to try an decode some messages. Covid 1984 and Embra being just two. Strictly glance and ignore. Links like bitshite look just like it suggests. That monotonous talking head in front of a crematorium curtain make speak a truth, but life's too short.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5014 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Embra=Edinburgh

Covid 1984 - Coronavirus 19 with overtones of 1984

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5015 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:41 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:37 pm
Embra=Edinburgh

Covid 1984 - Coronavirus 19 with overtones of 1984
I know, but the constant repetition whereas the odd cryptic clues can be a little more entertaining.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5016 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:15 pm

Some people become fixated on their constructs, either because they have always used that 'expression', or because it amuses them.
The constant reference to 'Covid 1984' doesn't annoy me - it passes me by.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5017 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:18 pm

G CPTN, the whole post passes me by.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5018 Post by boing » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:35 pm

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
As much as the modern world admires Socrates today, he was not popular among many during his lifetime. Athens was a radical democracy that prided itself on freedom of speech. All that Socrates did was talk, and yet he was sentenced to death.
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5019 Post by llondel » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:17 pm
Nah, I think I’ll stick around and lob snide remarks as I watch you morph into what you swore you wan't be. I am very much the "I told you so" kinda guy. Call me a wanna be Rush Limbaugh, RIP, type of guy.
At this point you don't want to get too much like Limbaugh, given his present condition.

admin
Chief Engineer

#5020 Post by admin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:17 pm
Nah, I think I’ll stick around and lob snide remarks as I watch you morph into what you swore you wan't be. I am very much the "I told you so" kinda guy.
Douche, you were making similar comments six years ago. Also swearing you wouldn't darken our doorstep again. What a truly very sad person you are whose sole enjoyment in life consists of disrupting the lives of others. Never mind I won't take that small pleasure from you by banning you as well.

Alison