Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt
Re: Coronabollocks..

#2101 Post by larsssnowpharter » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:58 am

The Cabinet has probably games hundreds of scenarios. I'm prepared to bet that someone in the Treasury has a spreadsheet showing the additional income to the Treasury from death duties and a reduction in people in care homes.

The need to camouflage things like the list of new peers may also be a factor.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2102 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:23 am

Mrs Ex-A, yes the DM do have some good writers on the payroll. I used to read Tom Utley who wrote for Mail and Telegraph, he used a pseudonym with one of them though it was obvious it was the same person. He was eventually outed, possibly by his son, and then sort of disappeared first from one and then the other.

While I agree that we should assess our own risks I fear that many won't. It is quite clear that the invincible young perceive no risk at all. They are probably correct so our risk can be mitigated by avoiding these young invincibles. Sadly there are many elderly that are careless and frankly dangerous.

One indication of Nanny State is we are to get individual screening letters based on our personal NHS records. Really? I didn't get my screening letter till end of April. Who is going to sift how many millions of records? What is more frightening is that they can!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2103 Post by OFSO » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 am

The more the Nanny State extends its tentacles the more overstretched they get and the more they lose it. Look, right now, at passports, driving licences, and self assessments for tax. Total chaos.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2104 Post by barkingmad » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:48 am

I think the title of this piece sez it all, Project Fear Part 43 lives on as we slowly die in this Brave New World;

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/08/0 ... errorised/

Allegedly, someone, somewhere in the UK died yesterday of something, but whether that was a spike in deaths over the approx 1,400 per ‘normal’ day, we will never know as the ‘facts and figures’ are so contaminated with errors.

Sorry, must go and wash my salad leaves in dilute bleach having washed my hands with soap and water 20 times before preparing lunch. And with today’s brisk breeze here oop north and the prospect of rain washing virii out of the atmosphere and in past my windows I will seal them off, night vents closed and start all the extractor fans running-this should improve my chances of living to a ripe and happy old age... ~X(

Over my miserable sterilised lunch I will peruse this article which proved to me just how dangerous life was when I was but a mere teenager;

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals ... 1201-0.pdf

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2105 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 am

Just found out that Bots has reintroduced a total ban on alcohol sales until further notice. :(( The reason being that we are not behaving ourselves due to being allowed to buy and therefore drink it. :YMPARTY: Good thing we are stocked up and kept up the hooch production. :YMPARTY: This is going to be very bad news for our friends at the safari camp up river as they need to make money out of the business in order to survive on nil wages ( due to the company laying off most of their staff across the board probably including the Head office cat ) We shall offer to buy up their bar stock again in order to help us all out.

I know this is from the Groiniad but it is interesting never the less; https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tudy-finds
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2106 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Should be BBC thread but:

Tonight they accurately observed that the 950 cases today and the 7 day average cases was increasing but while they showed the number of deaths was lower and the 7 day average showed a steady decline they did not observe that this was a reduction and in contrast with the case numbers increasing.

Only happy to present bad news on a bad light.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2107 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:53 am

This is very well written; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ffice.html

With reference to her remark about no recorded transmission in schools in the World, the other day I read a report in the Botswana Daily News about such a case in one school where 11 tested positive and then another 11 caught it off them. :D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2108 Post by OFSO » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:30 am

Absolutely impossible to find any hard CV facts in Catalunia. Government obsessed with whether to demand abdication of the King, following his dad's runneroffski.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2109 Post by om15 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:30 pm

I think that our wet leftie Prime Minister needs to immediately stop this expensive and needless furlough scheme and get people back to work, if they can reduce social distancing to five thou on the beach then they can go back to work.
Here are our imbecilic fellow country men and women today.
Annotation 2020-08-08 182456.png
Annotation 2020-08-08 182456.png (521.96 KiB) Viewed 321 times

Bob
Capt
Capt

#2110 Post by Bob » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:53 pm

I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2111 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:59 pm

Bob wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:53 pm
Hmmm.......Vlad has it covered
Sputnik-V. 8-|
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ribrash

#2112 Post by ribrash » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:09 pm

om15 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:30 pm
I think that our wet leftie Prime Minister needs to immediately stop this expensive and needless furlough scheme and get people back to work, if they can reduce social distancing to five thou on the beach then they can go back to work.
Here are our imbecilic fellow country men and women today.

Annotation 2020-08-08 182456.png
Who can blame them when they've had to listen to lie upon lie from this Govt.What happened to the predicted 2nd wave the last time the beaches were chocker,the BLM march took place and the pubs reopened ?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2113 Post by OFSO » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:08 pm

According to my BBC feed tonight, the Terence Higgins Trust has said one should avoid having sexual intercourse in positions where we are face-to-face. No comment...

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2114 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:35 pm

F**k me. what ever next

What Rsole thought that one up. It sucks.

ribrash

#2115 Post by ribrash » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 pm

OFSO wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:08 pm
According to my BBC feed tonight, the Terence Higgins Trust has said one should avoid having sexual intercourse in positions where we are face-to-face. No comment...
Try " The wheelbarrow " :-bd

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2116 Post by Boac » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:01 pm

PN wrote:F**k me.
I'm not sure you quite have the idea?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2117 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:23 pm

I have two wheelbarrows. Neither are very appealing to me! :ymdevil: :(( =))

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2118 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:39 am

Confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the UK have risen to the highest daily total since mid-June, breaching an official government threshold.

Ministers failed to publish data last night – blaming “technical difficulties” – but the figure of 1,148 was mysteriously posted on a separate website.

It is the highest since there were 1,221 new daily infections on 21 June. The Joint Biosecurity Centre (JBC) has raised the alarm over any figure above 1,000.

In May, the centre set keeping the caseload below 1,000 confirmed infections a day was a key target it believed must be met if “flare-ups” of coronavirus are to be avoided.

The Department of Health and Social Care is playing down the significance of the ceiling, insisting there are still “low levels of disease compared to the start of the pandemic”.

But Christina Pagel, of the Independent Sage group of scientists, said Boris Johnson must set out if he would be changing strategy, as infections rise again.

“The JBC set 1,000 cases a day as a warning threshold – but we don't know what action is meant to be taken on the back of it, or why they picked 1,000”

“We don’t know whether the government is actually planning on changing strategy in light of ticking up numbers. Or even, what government strategy is in general.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 66501.html
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2119 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:00 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:39 am
“We don’t know whether the government is actually planning on changing strategy in light of ticking up numbers. Or even, what government strategy is in general.
Quite predictable: They'll either stop publishing the figures, or they will find a way of massaging them like they did with that target number 'tests' so that it met their target.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2120 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Moving goal posts is the favourite trick.

Trick 1, shift the clock
Trick 2, resort to moving mean
Trick 3, remove uncertain diagnosis
Trick 4, switch to excess death total
Trick 5, add particular death categories to average death figures