Re: Coronabollocks..

#2121 Post by Boac » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Trick 6, father another bastard?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2122 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:58 pm

BOAC, that would reduce the cases etc per million.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2123 Post by Boac » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Yes - a worthwhile effort by OBL.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2124 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 pm

Looks like they have opted for Trick 3, cutting CV deaths to death within 28 will give them 5,000 spare and drop us below Spain and Italy -... Statistics, don't you love them.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2125 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:34 pm

5,000 people who'd died of Coronabollocks, suddenly haven't!

Even Christ only did one at a time...

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2126 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:44 pm

Fuking Idiot! :-o
Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks, bans civilians in masks from office

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fl ... s-n1236502

Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks, bans civilians in masks from office
"Now, I can already hear the whining and just so you know I did not make this decision easily," Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods said in a memo to staff.
Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods speaks at a press conference in Ocala, Fla., in 2018.
Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods speaks at a press conference in Ocala, Fla., in 2018.Gerardo Mora / Getty Images file
Aug. 12, 2020, 10:14 AM MST
By David K. Li and Ben Kesslen
A Florida sheriff barred deputies from wearing facial coverings in most work settings, authorities said Wednesday, even as the state continues to struggle with record-breaking coronavirus numbers. #-o

Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods insisted there's no conclusive evidence that wearing masks curbs the spread of the virus — despite explicit CDC guidelines saying just that. L-)

"Now, I can already hear the whining and just so you know I did not make this decision easily and I have weighed it out for the past 2 weeks," according to a memo Woods wrote to staff and was provided to NBC News by the sheriff's office.

"We can debate and argue all day of why and why not. The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reason why we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t." X(

The policy applies to all 900 department employees and Woods said his decision is final.

"This is no longer a debate nor is it up for discussion," he wrote.

Marion County, with a population of about 365,000, is in heart of Florida's Horse County. The county seat is in Ocala, which is about 40 miles south of Gainesville.

Woods' directive carves out a handful of settings where masks would be required, such as at hospitals, nursing homes, courts, schools, jails or a COVID-19 "address alert from dispatch."

Woods anticipates pushback from the community and told employees to walk away from anyone criticizing his measure.

"If at any time you are confronted by any individual complaining, berating you or just being a difficult individual, you will politely and professionally tell them 'I am not required to wear a mask nor will I, per the Order of the Sheriff' and then walk away from them," the sheriff wrote.

"From that point on it will be my burden and responsibility to take care of the person and answer their problem, complaint or their question."

The policy would be in full force inside any sheriff buildings and civilians coming into that office would be barred from wearing a mask.

If that civilian doesn't want to go mask-less, he or she will be asked to exit the building and leave a cell phone number so they could called and invited back inside when a sheriff's employee is free to meet with them.

"In light of the current events when it comes to the sentiment and/or hatred toward law enforcement in our country today, this is being done to ensure there is clear communication and for identification purposes of any individual walking into a lobby," Woods wrote. "All of our lobbies have glass barriers between you and them that the virus cannot magically go thru." :ymsick:

A spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Health in Marion County declined immediate comment on Wednesday.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Imagine my surprise!

#2127 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:07 pm

A review of how deaths from coronavirus are counted in England has reduced the UK death toll by more than 5,000, to 41,329, the government has announced.

The recalculation is based on a new definition of who has died from Covid.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2128 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:41 pm

Quelle surprise as you say....

FFS, this bunch of shysters are unbelievable...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2129 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:40 pm

TGG, in contrast with which other group?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2130 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:05 am

Is one possible reason for the UK inflated Covid-1984 case figures connected with the rumour that each registered case, dead or alive, earns a £1,000 bounty for the relevant hospital?

They do say about the NHS that funding follows the patient, after Bliar’s guvvment introduced all but full privatisation of the Service so ‘twill be interesting to learn if this neat little potential earner is fact.

Alas any NHS operative spilling the beans had better have good cover and alias’s otherwise the standard whistleblower treatment would be rapid and merciless.

West of 30W apparently that is the practice so I see no reason why the UK would be much different. But so far my searches have uncovered no reference to the NHS operating in this manner so I will accept it may be just rumour...

Can anyone shine light on this one?

Re: the chief shyster Boris, is this an accurate summation?

“When I think of his handling of the coronavirus crisis I picture a child behind the wheel of a racing car. He’s overwhelmed by the data constantly popping up on his dashboard, has no idea what any of it means, so just randomly presses different levers and pedals, spins the wheel as fast as he can, and hopes for the best.”

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2131 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:29 am

BM, at GP level every interaction with a patient is costed and the doctor receives payment. The tariff and allowable charges vary but the principle goes back years. One, that was rumbled recently, was patient numbers; if the records for the dead were not removed they got a per capita fee. If a patient was called in for a well man check the nurse might earn £10 and the doctor many times more.

Simply every thing is costed and a tariff determined. As a CV patient needs extra clinical care it will have a higher clinical tariff than a more simple procedure.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2132 Post by Ibbie » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:40 am

Very well described barkingmad.

Boris isn't alone, there are many other so called leaders in other countries, similarly gifted.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2133 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 am

barkingmad wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:05 am
Re: the chief shyster Boris, is this an accurate summation?

“When I think of his handling of the coronavirus crisis I picture a child behind the wheel of a racing car. He’s overwhelmed by the data constantly popping up on his dashboard, has no idea what any of it means, so just randomly presses different levers and pedals, spins the wheel as fast as he can, and hopes for the best.”
Yup, that's him. Have you noticed that when he's happy he closes his eyes, just like that notional kid in the racing car.

When he makes complete and utter arse of himself, he gloats in the public admiration of his sheepish stupidity. He's been that way all his life.

His delectable sister, Rake, says so and points to an occasion at Uni when he foolishly joined the theatrical club and didn't bother to learn his lines. He hopped behind one pillar to another read his crib sheet and recite the stanza he'd just read. The audience roared with laughter and loved him for it.

Now he's doing that with an entire country and he's killing tens of thousands of people needlessly. Now it's not funny any more. [-(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2134 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:20 am

Testing, testing, one, two, . . . . aah I’ve forgotten what’s the next number so we’d better make it up.

Thank goodness discussions like this restore my faith in Homo sapiens whilst the BoJo-Hancock team makes me wonder about evolution possibly morphing into revolution!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2135 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Exposure in Toronto strip club causes consternation. A real case of bollocks getting in the way of brains...
Health officials in the Canadian city of Toronto have warned that as many as 550 people may have been exposed to the coronavirus at a downtown strip club after an employee tested positive for the virus.

“You know how long it’s going to take them to chase down 550 guys, half of which probably gave fake ID or information,” Andrew Morris, a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Toronto told the Associated Press.

Toronto health officials suggested their initial investigation found the club to be lacking when it came to following the required protocols, which include distancing between staff and customers and the use of a plexiglass shield when this is not possible.

Ontario’s premier weighed in on Friday. “There are 500 people – you’ve got to practice social distancing, you’ve got to put on a mask – I know it sounds ironic talking about that – you have to,” Doug Ford told reporters.

His thoughts soon turned to the strain the news could take on relationships. “I feel sorry for people when they go to their house and tell them that they were at the Brass Rail,” he quipped. “That’s who I feel sorry for. Sorry for the spouse, seriously. Man, I wouldn’t want to be on the end of that one.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... n-covid-19
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2136 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Gives Amsterdam the edge doesn't it 😁

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2137 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:24 pm

From the Branch Covidian sect somewhere not a million miles away;

“There’s a fascinating Twitter thread by Graham Neary in which he drills down into how Neil Ferguson and his team came up with an estimated Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) of 0.9%. (The real figure is closer to 0.1%). Apparently, it was based on an analysis of the passengers on six flights that departed from Wuhan between January 30th and February 1st. Out of the 689 passengers, only six tested positive for Covid. That – and that alone – was the basis for the initial IFR estimate.

Congratulations to Neary for a sterling bit of detective work. For those who aren’t on Twitter, I’ve unrolled the thread here. Neary concludes: “As we live through the consequences of economic depression and the (hopefully temporary) destruction of our way of life, remember that it all comes back to the belief that finding six people with Covid on six flights was a good way to estimate how many people had the disease.”

It’s that name Ferguson again! Apparently they used to make good tractors many years ago but this fool is besmirching their name to the point of libel and slander. Now where did I park that ‘Blade’?

Seenenough

#2138 Post by Seenenough » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 pm

What Airlines will do when it get back to normal

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2139 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:19 am

“Having just read in today’s Sunday Telegraph that a man was killed in a boat off Darwin, Australia when a mackerel flew out of the water hitting him in the chest I am left wondering if the fish came in on the second wave will it be reported as a Covid death?”

Makes a change from being run over by a bus to qualify as a Covid-1984 death?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2140 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:52 am

Said mackerel was said to weigh 40 lb.

I cannot envisage a 40 lb mackerel.