Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4221 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:41 pm

PP, as my daughter warns, don't trip up on the way.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#4222 Post by Smeagol » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Well I have finally got a firm date for my first injection! Saturday afternoon at a local location and not 50 miles away which was all the 'on-line' booking system could offer.
Does not seem to be any joined up thinking between any of the various parts of the system, none seem to talk to each other or be aware of what they are doing. My invitation came from my local GP practice who told me two days ago they could not organize one for me.
We hates Bagginses!

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4223 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 pm

My second jab is a 30 mile drive away.
They are now scheduling clinics in local pharmacies but second jabs have to be done at site of first one.
Only positive is that the location is on the other side of my world so some exploring and possible shopping at locales that are off my beaten path.

PP

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4224 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:34 pm

For some (including my son) March 11th marks the anniversary of the last day at the office and the beginning of working from home.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4225 Post by Alisoncc » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:14 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:55 pm
We were promised that we could acquire the infection from touching surfaces that had been touched by infected people, but I don't think that has has been proven.
Almost a third of patients who have fallen seriously ill or died of Covid-19 in Scotland caught the virus in hospital, according to a landmark study.

The surprising research by experts at Edinburgh University raises questions about future management of the disease by suggesting that 30 per cent of the most severe cases can be linked to hospitals. In early December 60 per cent of the acutely ill were infected in hospital, it found.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covi ... -bk3hhs293

PS Firewalled.
Also posted elsewhere. But worth posting here.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4226 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:17 am

Similar findings been reported in England sometime ago

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4227 Post by Woody » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:47 pm

From Monday can you drive to Wales for a haircut , asking for a friend :ymdevil:
When all else fails, read the instructions.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4228 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Doubtful if driving to Wales constitutes a legitimate reason for travel from England IMO.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4229 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:22 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:49 pm
Doubtful if driving to Wales constitutes a legitimate reason for travel from England IMO.
At any time.

At an air show where we were charging £20 this spotter complained it was only £12 at St Athen. I responded "but that's in Wales." Stunned silence and he left.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4230 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Covidiots!
Miami Beach officers injured trying to disperse hundreds of partying spring breakers

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... s-n1261058

CORONAVIRUS
Miami Beach officers injured trying to disperse hundreds of partying spring breakers

March 14, 2021, 9:52 AM MST
By Doha Madani
Two Miami Beach officers were injured Friday night in an attempt to disperse large spring break crowds, arresting one teenager after he allegedly incited a riot as officers asked him to vacate the area.

Miami Beach Police attempted to break up a group of about 200 or more people who were blocking a roadway, drinking with open containers and smoking what appeared to be marijuana, the department said. James Harrison, 19, was arrested on charges of battery on a police officer, incitement to riot, and disorderly conduct after allegedly failing to leave after officers asked.

Harrison yelled “f--- the police” and told officers “you can suck my d---” after Miami Beach officers arrived to disperse the crowd, according to a police report. He also shoved an officer as a crowd gathered around them, outnumbering the officers, the police report said.

Officers deployed pepper spray and 11 pepper balls to keep back the crowd as they tried to arrest Harrison, who resisted commands, police said. Harrison allegedly grabbed an officer’s police vest when they attempted to turn him around and place handcuffs on him.

The officer and Harrison struggled, eventually falling to the ground, and two other officers had to assist in getting Harrison into handcuffs, the police report said.

Inmate records were not available for Harrison on the Miami-Dade county website Sunday, and public records did not have a phone number to contact him. Court records did not list an attorney for Harrison.

Two officers who were injured Friday night were treated for their injuries and released Saturday morning, but remain off-duty, Miami Beach Police Officer Ernesto Rodriguez said Sunday. Approximately 30 people were arrested Saturday for various charges and large crowds persisted Saturday.

Videos and photos posted to social media websites, including Snapchat’s public Snap Map, showed large, maskless crowds drinking and dancing over the weekend in Miami, as well as large gatherings on beaches.

Public health experts expressed concerns to NBC News last month that spring break might bring another uptick in coronavirus cases if people ignored social distancing recommendations to prevent spreading the virus.

Miami Beach has imposed a midnight curfew, and alcohol on the beach is forbidden, but Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has not issued statewide mask mandates, capacity limits or similar restrictions despite concerns about spring break spread.

In Miami Beach, tourists are receiving cellphone messages warning, “Vacation Responsibly or Be Arrested.”

“Spring break in Miami Beach may be one of the great rites of passage, but only if you plan on following the rules. Otherwise, you might as well just stay home and save yourself the court costs,” the message reads, followed by reminders of the midnight curfew, that no alcohol can be sold after 10 p.m. and that alcohol, coolers and tents are banned from its beach.

“If you want to party without restrictions, then go somewhere else. Go to Vegas,” Miami Beach City Manager Raul Aguila said during a recent virtual city meeting.

Tourism is the Sunshine State’s No. 1 industry, generating over $91 billion in 2018, and last year spring break was one of the first big casualties of the pandemic as the U.S. went into strict lockdowns. Beaches across Florida were shutting down, but scenes of college students drinking, dancing and getting up close without masks were still shared across social media.

Miami tourism officials say they lost billions of dollars during those three months last year.

DeSantis was criticized last year for failling to issue a statewide mandate to close beaches ahead of anticipated spring break crowds and concerns about the spread of the virus. Cases in Florida surged by late March and early April, with many of the partygoers who were featured in the news expressing regret about their actions.

Brady Sluder went viral last year for telling a local news crew, "If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I'm not gonna let it stop me from partying.” He later issued a lengthy apology on his Instagram, urging others not to be “arrogant and think you're invincible like myself."

“I would like to sincerely apologize for the insensitive comment I made in regards to COVID-19 while on spring break,” Sluder wrote. "I wasn’t aware of the severity of my actions and comments. I’d like to take this time to own up to the mistakes I’ve made and apologize to the people I’ve offended.”
Last month's Super Bowl in Tampa Bay similarly drew concerns and criticisms for possible superspreader events as crowds gathered for parties in the area.

Officials said that the sporting event itself was not a superspreader, but that an uptick in cases was likely caused by private gatherings — in homes, or unofficial events at bars and restaurants — that revolved around the Super Bowl, according to a Florida Department of Health report.

The statewide positivity rate between Jan. 22 and Feb. 24 was 7.3 percent, but the positivity rate was 7.9 percent in Hillsborough County, where the Super Bowl occurred. The report also noted that the true number of cases specifically tied to the Super Bowl is likely much higher.

The findings were likely hampered by a lack of cooperation in contact tracing efforts, Michael Wiese, chief epidemiologist at the county health department, told the Tampa Bay Times.

"Unfortunately, there are a large percentage of people that don’t want to participate and don’t want to share their personal information with us," Wiese said.

Florida has reported more than 1.9 million coronavirus cases, with 32,828 coronavirus-related deaths as of Sunday morning. About 11 percent of the state's population has been vaccinated, according to NBC News data.

PP

Bob
Capt
Capt

#4231 Post by Bob » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm

There really is something fundamentally messed up with the brains of millions of republican voters

Repubes
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4232 Post by Boac » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:56 pm

Hopefully they will die out?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4233 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Those who refuse to get vaccinated will still benefit from the vaccines because if enough of the population do get vaccinated the herd immunity will break the spread. :-o
To put Boac's statement another way, Its a shame that they can refuse and still benefit. [-X :-\

PP

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4234 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:10 pm

PHXP, there is a catch. Someone who is yet to get the vaccine will when mixing with others who have will benefit.

I suspect that more likely refusniks will be of a group and thus not benefit to the same extent.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4235 Post by Boac » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:35 pm

PP wrote:To put Boac's statement another way, Its a shame that they can refuse and still benefit.
Absolutely and thank you for correcting my non-PC comment =))

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4236 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:36 pm

Seeing the moon-howling prick was spouting his verbal diahorrea at an anti-lockdown demo yesterday, got me wondering if Piers Corbyn has admitted to having the jab despite him being a Covid-denier and anti-vaxxer?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4237 Post by Boac » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:38 pm

I know which jab I would give him.............

Bob
Capt
Capt

#4238 Post by Bob » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:43 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:10 pm
PHXP, there is a catch. Someone who is yet to get the vaccine will when mixing with others who have will benefit.

I suspect that more likely refusniks will be of a group and thus not benefit to the same extent.
This 'group' is nearly a quarter of the USA's voting Citizens ... I used to think a Muslim country (possibly Iran) would qualify as having the largest contingent of raving Loonies on the planet but might have to reconsider
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4239 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:57 am

In contrast, while our overall vaccine rate is to slow temporarily, we are to use a pause in mass vaccination to 'reach out' that should really be 'reach back' to cover the few over 80s that were missed so far.

News of the slow down did not stop 844,000 jabs being delivered on Saturday. Given that on the day that I had my first jab almost 500,000 were given that day, a similar number will need to be given next month.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4240 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:16 am

Smeagol wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Does not seem to be any joined up thinking between any of the various parts of the system, none seem to talk to each other or be aware of what they are doing.
Welcome to 1984. So glad that you could join us.