Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4241 Post by OFSO » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:21 am

14,000,000 doses unused in EU because stupid inhabitants believed what stupid governments told them. Likely to be chucked away. FOURTEEN MILLION. Meanwhile CV rages unchecked in Germany, France, Italy, Spain.

If Christ returned tomorrow and held the Pearly Gates open on special offer, the idiots here wouldn't take Him up on it.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4242 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:29 am

This is an interesting article on the vaccine production saga; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -the-world

Apparently Bots has taken delivery of some vaccines, but I don't know how many doses of which; at least they should have been given to front line nurses and doctors......well, I haven't seen any photos of our President being jabbed. :ymdevil: :D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4243 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:51 am

Mrs Ex-A. Bit of a mix there:
they will produce about 12bn doses of Covid-19 vaccines alone this year, the analysis showed,......

Figures from the data firm Airfinity show nearly a billion Covid-19 vaccine doses have been produced in the first four months of this year, but that figure is predicted to balloon to at least 9.4bn by the end of 2021.
So any where between another 9.4 and 11 bn.

I am wondering if the figures can be massaged?

Given the entire world population is around 7.5bn, we can then deduct, for the moment, the under 16. In UK that is roughly 20%. Let us assume that for the World it is nearer 30%. That drops the adult need to 5bn or just 10bn doses.

Now consider who gets priority. It seems self evident that front line health care workers be first. I suggest a different approach. Priority to producers is paramount.

Then protection for these centres must be expanded and on a global scale that is exactly what is happening. Small production centres like Scotland, England, Belgium etc need it first to ensure continued production and distribution.

Distribution is next with airlines being protected, air heads in other countries being made safe and then, and only then, the local distribution and then distribution centres be protected.

Picture if you will a systematic rollout rather than penny packet distribution. Like an army pushing forward on a front and not a parachute assault well into enemy territory.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4244 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:09 am

CARE HOME workers will be required by law to take the Covid-19 jab under a historic legal change agreed by Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.
Have they thought this one through?

I was threatened in 1963 with loss of flying pay if I refused the flu jab and fell sick with flu. I, and the rest of the course acquiesced although the threat, issued by Wg Cdr Cape, OC Flying Wing (I have his name in my little book) was groundless. We wanted to finish the course and get out of the prison that was Lindholme.

Do they imagine for one moment that all care home workers treasure their jobs so much that they will all obediently say yes Sir?

What about home visiting care workers, they pose a far greater going from one home to another?

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4245 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:17 am

One of our nephews is in the police and he works on child care issues which require him to enter the homes of the children. Has he had the jab? -No. Has he gone down with the virus? - Yes. So not only home visiting care workers at risk.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4246 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:51 am

I suggested above that distribution hubs needed to be protected and in the Telegraph
NEW Covid rules will make it illegal to go to an airport without good reason with fines of £5,000 for anyone who breaks them.

People “found at an embarkation point” without a “reasonable excuse” for travel will be in breach of the regulations that come into force on March 29.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4247 Post by ian16th » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:09 am
We wanted to finish the course and get out of the prison that was Lindholme.
Shirley you mean, the Lindholme that is now a prison?

Off thread ever so slightly, via a former Boy Entrant who after the RAF became a Probation Officer, I have learnt that the H-Blocks have retained their RAF names. They were, and still are named after Marshals of the RAF.
In my time, Signals Sqdn bodies were in Tedder Block!
Cynicism improves with age

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4248 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:30 pm

I have heard that Spaniards are getting the jab now. You just have to go th Gibraltar.

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#4249 Post by larsssnowpharter » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am

Señora Larss and I are now self testing at home. All negative so far which is good.

What is had is that the self testing kits are manufactured in China! One could develop a good conspiracy theory here.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4250 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:40 am

larsssnowpharter wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am
Señora Larss and I are now self testing at home. All negative so far which is good.

What is had is that the self testing kits are manufactured in China! One could develop a good conspiracy theory here.
Do the kits have a percentage of positives like lottery scratchcards?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4251 Post by Boac » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:35 pm

According to the Torygraph, police excitedly raided an AZ factory in Italy anticipating a horde of Vaccine to be 'smuggled' to the UK. Turns out it was going to the EU............. this vaccine certainly has problem with clots.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4252 Post by OFSO » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm

J-C Junkers has weighed in against the EU's vaccine procurement process, slammed the EU's vaccine war, criticised the Member States, and praised the UK.

Never thought I'd be happy to hear from the old boy again.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4253 Post by 1DC » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:14 pm

He is still on the pi$$ then

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4254 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:00 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm
J-C Junkers has weighed in against the EU's vaccine procurement process, slammed the EU's vaccine war, criticised the Member States, and praised the UK.

Never thought I'd be happy to hear from the old boy again.
William Hague said the same think.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#4255 Post by Bob » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:30 pm

OFSO wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:21 am
14,000,000 doses unused in EU because stupid inhabitants believed what stupid governments told them. Likely to be chucked away. FOURTEEN MILLION. Meanwhile CV rages unchecked in Germany, France, Italy, Spain.

If Christ returned tomorrow and held the Pearly Gates open on special offer, the idiots here wouldn't take Him up on it.
FFS you spent months moaning about people behaving with unneeded caution and spouting countless anecdotes about how its fine for you and your correspondent mates to carry on dining at your preferred establishment as long as you get table **** service cos the whole thing is overplayed and spreading disinformation intended to make it all sound much ado about not much, yet now you say its raging because the governments aren't vaccinating quick enough for you.

Lets face it you just want others to do all the work and make the sacrifices so you can continue your lifestyle unhindered
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4256 Post by OFSO » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:02 pm

Oh, go and get your prescription filled Bob....you are beneath contempt.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4257 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:05 pm

🙈🙉🙊......

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4258 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:20 pm

But Macron told Le Journal du Dimanche (JDD) newspaper France had significantly ramped up the pace of vaccinating and suggested Britain’s campaign could face headwinds.

“In a few weeks we will have completely caught up with the British, who will meanwhile be increasingly dependent on us to vaccinate their population,” he said.
One would hope so, but will this before we have vaccinated all our over 16s?

BTW, what vaccines do they make, apart from the ones in Ecosse?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4259 Post by boing » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:51 am

Some chicken, some neck.
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4260 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Many states are reopening bars and restaurants with no limits on occupancy. Furthermore, the governor of my state removed all mask mandates. Individual businesses are allow to have mask requirements as well as federal mandates for transportation and all federal properties. Municipalities are not allowed to require masks either. [-X
Yesterday, I and two other customers leaving a business that requires masks, were verbally assaulted for wearing masks as we exited. This was a "drive by" so was unable to respond to this with as least a finger. X(

PP