Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Bob
Capt
Capt

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4261 Post by Bob » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:16 pm

I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4262 Post by Boac » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:22 pm

I fear there is little hope of avoiding yet another 'wave' with morons like this in the Darwin series.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4263 Post by EA01 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:27 pm

Make sense of this then!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-30/ ... /100037770

If you are in an allocated seat, no need for mask, on the way to allocated seat, need mask!!...did not know this corona thing knew your seat allocation,...extraordinary stuff really!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4264 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:22 pm
I fear there is little hope of avoiding yet another 'wave' with morons like this in the Darwin series.
"And crawling on the planets face, some insects called the human race..!"

Actually insects are more intelligent
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Bob
Capt
Capt

#4265 Post by Bob » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:58 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:22 pm
Doubtful we will avoid another wave whatever we do BOAC, but I didnt predict that the feint hope of a couple months of summer before it hit would be torn from my grasp so soon....
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4266 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:52 pm

It is fast approaching the point of Sod. Having locked down, masked up, stayed dutifully within 2 miles of my village except for very few essentials, I think I now want a release.
I don't frequent Cheltenham or a park in Nottingham. A beach at Bournemouth is attractive but only in a stiff breeze.
Now I just want to do my own thing.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4267 Post by Boac » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 am

The tragic thing for all is that behaviour like we saw in Nottingham could well cause a delay in the 'Road Map' if it creates a significant rise in infections or if it is judged that the mental attitude of these people indicates we are not yet ready for the next stage.

As for the littering.................words fail me.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4268 Post by Boac » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:45 am

In this latest 'upset' from Germany and Canada over the AZ vaccine, as far as I can see NO-ONE has actually asked these countries what the incidence of these cranial clots is in those vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. Why not?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4269 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:48 am

Or indeed about the patients

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4270 Post by 1DC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:33 pm

Living at the seaside, like what I do, it is the general opinion of the people like me who live here that our covid infection rate will be much higher two weeks after easter than it is now. It is the usual effect that happens after the yorkies and other city trippers have been and contaminated us for a few days. I wish they would have a wash before they come, even that might help.
We used to tell the story about the young lad from Sheffield who lost his vest when he came to Cleethorpes for his summer holidays, the family searched everywhere to no avail. The following year the family came again and the lad was stripping off ready for his annual swim when he chirps up and says its ok mam I've found me vest.
OK i'll go and have my tea..

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4271 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:10 am

Oh DC, you are wicked. What have you got against Yorkies?
Same as Mrs PN.
Me, I come from the Wirral, you know, in Cheshire, little village used to be called Higher Tranmere, much posher than Lower Tranmere. I believe it's called Prenton now 😁
Don't like scousers (but one's on ON are OK) and rarely ventured into Lancashire.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4272 Post by Woody » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:05 pm

I would never dob-in anyone! My mother in law is traveling from her home in Cambridgeshire to visit us in North Norfolk, she'll be in a red 1 series BMW traveling on the A11 around 12:00 on the 2nd of April.... no way would i inform on her and suffer the tragedy of seeing her turned back.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4273 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:31 pm

Micron's cunning plan allowing Les Frogs to travel to their 2nd homes for lock down will ensure the ethnics remain in the ghettos and true French can escape to the country

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4274 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:38 am

NHS conducted a survey last week about awareness of the different terms associated with Covid. They asked if I knew what terns such as anti-gen and anti-body, PCR and lateral flow meant.

Being absolutely honest I said I didn't. I am fairly confident on the first two being before and after. Of the latter I am aware that these are tests but to immediately associate these to swab and prick tests is something else.

How many people, without looking it up, know these terms and what they are?

PS, actually I just Googled the tests and am scarcely better informed.

PPS

I found this which tells the story most eloquently
Since coronavirus began its rampant spread, we've slowly come to learn about the confusing array of available testing options at doctors' offices and health care facilities—many based on mucus and others that use saliva or blood. Given the plethora of options, how do you know which test is right for you? And do they all work the same way? Or tell you the same information?

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4275 Post by 1DC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:53 pm

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he told me that since the Astra Zeneca vaccine was well into development stage he and his wife had been taking part in a trial whereby they both had a covid test each week and a blood test to measure if they had covid antibodies .Anti bodies were not detected in either of them but after having their first jabs antibodies were detected in both of them within two weeks and has been getting stronger every week. They are both due their second jabs shortly.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4276 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:22 pm

1DC wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:53 pm
I was talking to a friend yesterday and he told me that since the Astra Zeneca vaccine was well into development stage he and his wife had been taking part in a trial whereby they both had a covid test each week and a blood test to measure if they had covid antibodies .Anti bodies were not detected in either of them but after having their first jabs antibodies were detected in both of them within two weeks and has been getting stronger every week. They are both due their second jabs shortly.
So I guess that they were among the trial members to be given the placebo dose of the trial vaccine. That is, they were not given the trial vaccine but a saline solution instead. :D

Good to know that they have both been given the real thing now. :-bd
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4277 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:45 pm

1DC wrote:
1DC, I missed that by a week. The post was delayed and I had had the jab.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4278 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:22 pm
1DC wrote:
So I guess that they were among the trial members to be given the placebo dose of the trial vaccine. That is, they were not given the trial vaccine but a saline solution instead. :D

Good to know that they have both been given the real thing now. :-bd
No, more like an extension to the Zoe app. We reported activity and vitamin intake month by month. In December, as vaccinations started they sent out test kits to measure antibody levels before a jab, ie setting a baseline. They might have had some positive antibody levels from prior infections. Then post jab monitoring to check for antibody generation. I don't know if it was qualitive or quantive that they were checking.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4279 Post by 1DC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:01 pm

I don't think it was organised by Astra Zeneca but the regulatory body, either NHS or someone else.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4280 Post by Boac » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:04 pm

they both had a covid test each week and a blood test to measure if they had covid antibodies .Anti bodies were not detected in either of them but after having their first jabs
I tink you misread that, Mrs?