Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4301 Post by Boac » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:11 pm

I wonder is under 40 gingers are more vulnerable.
Translation please?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4302 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:54 pm

I think it makes more sense if your change the "is" with "if"

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4303 Post by Boac » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:58 pm

It's a struggle, innit?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#4304 Post by Dushan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:06 pm
With the Astra Zeneca vaccine, the Pfizer and now the Johnson and Johnson vaccines being the cause of thrombosis, President Macron of France has announced that his medical experts have determined that since all of the deceased were alive before they died, life itself is the cause of death, and he and Reichschancellor Merkel are going to do something about it as soon as they decide what.
Maybe they should go to old proven ways. Macron surrenders and Merkel starts building ovens.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4305 Post by OFSO » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:46 pm

I thought France surrendered yesterday after hearing the UK gunfire.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4306 Post by Woody » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:22 am

Well that’s a surprise, another Government IT cockup :-o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56713017
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4307 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:54 am

Whats wrong with pen and paper? :-h

Works a treat here and you don't need a smart phone. :D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4308 Post by Woody » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:54 am
Whats wrong with pen and paper? :-h

Works a treat here and you don't need a smart phone. :D
You can’t siphon off billions of pounds to your cronies.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4309 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 pm

...or lobby for finance.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4310 Post by OFSO » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:28 pm

1 in 7 vaccinated in Catalunia, says tonight's TV. We're on the reserve list behind half a million of Chinese and NRs. Although to be fair, nobody knows how many.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4311 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:55 am

This lady makes a good argument here regarding vaccine patents IMO; https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... k-variants
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4312 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:19 am

Sorry Ex-As:
I don't think you are on the invitee list.

Greece opens its doors to Covid-free tourists

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/gree ... index.html

(CNN) — Greece has lifted quarantine requirements for vaccinated travelers and those testing negative for Covid-19 from key tourism markets, including Europe, the UK and the United States, in what officials called "baby steps" on the road back to normality.
But while qualifying visitors will be able to check into hotels to enjoy Greek sunshine and beaches, they'll be subject to the same restrictions as locals, meaning restaurants and bars will remain off limits, except for takeaways.
The move marks the first time the country has been open to American visitors since March 2020 when Greece entered its first lockdown at the onset of the pandemic.

It also makes Greece one of the first major European destinations to reopen to tourists ahead of the summer season -- a development that could see it steal a significant chunk of holiday traffic away from rival hotspots.
Under the new rules, arrivals from the EU, UK, United States, Israel, Serbia and the UAE who have been vaccinated or have a negative PCR test up to 72 hours prior to arrival can enter.
Officials said targeted rapid checks will be carried out at entry points and quarantine hotels are ready to accommodate those who test positive during this process. Safety protocols including wearing masks and social distancing will remain in place.
Greece's Tourism Minister Harry Theoharis told CNN that the country "is taking these baby steps, the start of a gradual opening process that will lead to a full opening of tourism in Greece on May 14. During the weeks ahead we will be making adjustments."
'Slow start'

In addition to Athens and the east coast city of Thessaloniki, direct international flights are now allowed in some of Greece's most popular vacation destinations in Crete, Rhodes, Kos, Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu.
The tourism sector accounts for more than 20% of the country's GDP and an estimated 25% of the Greek workforce -- more than a million jobs.
With its economy so dependent on the sector, and only gradually recovering from a near decade-long financial crisis, Athens has been vigorously campaigning for the introduction of vaccine passports to encourage EU-wide travel. It has also been in talks with non-EU countries to try to establish travel corridors.

Israeli visitors testing negative or with vaccination certificates have been exempt from a one-week quarantine since early April, but officials say other ongoing restrictions plus a recent surge in Greek cases has discouraged all but a few.
Monday's opening-up announcement was welcomed on the popular party island of Mykonos. Mayor Konstantinos Koukas has said revenues in the Covid-hit 2020 season were just 30% of the previous year.
Iraklis Zissimopoulos, CEO of the Semeli Hospitality Group, which includes hotels, bars and restaurants on the island, described the lifting of the quarantine restrictions as a symbolic move.
"It sends the message that Greece is sticking to its promise to fully open in May and as such it is welcome," he said. "We know it is going to be a slow start."
'Protective shield'
06 best of greece Pidima tis Grias RESTRICTED
naxos portal-2522
07 Best of Greece Sarakiniko Restricted
08 Best of Santorini Volcano Walk Restricted
10 best of greece Mycenae RESTRICTED
Greece - Karpathos
Greece - los windmills
Greece - fresh seafood
Greece - Skopelos
02 best of greece Mykonos Little Venice RESTRICTED
Greece- Pyrgos the marble village
Greece - Nafplion Bourdji castle
Greece - pottery
Greece - Thessaloniki (c) Thessaloniki Tourism Organization
Greece - Agios Dimitrios (c) John Malathronas
Greece - Melissani Lake (c) D. Kouris - Region of Ionian Islands
03 best of greece shipwreck beach restricted
Greece - Meteora
Greece - Monemvasia - (c) John Malathronas
Greece - Mystras - (c) John Malathronas
Greece - Shania
Greece - Street Art
Greece - Traditional diples
Greece - The palace of Knossos, Crete
Greece - Litochuro
Greece - The Golden Wreath of Vergina
01 best of greece Paros RESTRICTED
05 best of greece zagoria gorce restricted
Greece - Ouzo
Greece- Changing of the guard
GettyImages-51161454
Greece - Delphi
04 best of greece Samaria gorge RESTRICTED
Greece - Corfu
Greece - St Barbara Park
09 best of greece lindos restricted
1/36
Pidima Tis Grias: Greece is full of must-visit spots. This spectacular beach is located on Andros, a luscious island near Athens. According to legend, Pidima Tis Grias is named for an old woman who betrayed a nearby town to Saracen pirates, jumped off a cliff to her death and was turned into a vertical, isolated rock.
Alamy
Even with Greece's vaccination program progressing at a modest pace -- currently under 10% of the population have received one dose -- more restrictions are expected to be lifted in the weeks leading to May 14.
As of next month, once the most vulnerable groups have been vaccinated, those working in tourism are expected to be next.
But dozens of Greece's smaller islands, with fewer than 1,000 inhabitants, are now Covid-free with the entire population having received both jabs. The vaccination program is now expanding to bigger islands.

It's hoped that securing the islands will allow Greece to offer specific Covid-free zones.
"If all the locals are vaccinated in Mykonos, an island of about 10,000 then we will have a protective shield," says Zissimopoulos, who is also a cardiologist.
What is certain is that the appetite for travel is there.
Earlier this month an experiment devised by travel industry experts saw nearly 200 Dutch participants fly to the island of Rhodes, trading lockdown back home for a week of voluntary confinement in a beach resort.
They were not allowed to leave the resort during their stay and agreed to quarantine for up to 10 days upon returning home.
The "safe holidays" test run attracted applications from more than 25,000 people in under 24 hours, according to Martine Langerak, spokesperson for the tour operator Sunweb, which organized the trip under the auspices of the Dutch government.

Roxane Seewoester: "We hope they will be able to come and celebrate their special moment with their loved ones."
Design Farm Productions
"We were surprised by the demand. It shows how much people want to go on holiday," Langerak told CNN.
Despite Greece's resolve to open its borders, some countries like the UK still have restrictions in place preventing international travel, and Greece's recent rise in infections mean quarantine rules may apply to holidaymakers when they head home.

Travel industry experts in Greece agree that it will be a slow start with bookings starting to only pick up toward July. This means hundreds of thousands who work in tourism and related industries will have to wait to find out if, and when, they have a job this summer.
Roxane Seewoester, a 25-year-old wedding planner at Golden Apple Weddings in Rhodes, a destination that normally receives over two million tourists annually, says the majority of tourist weddings were canceled last year.
This summer they are again gradually being pushed back.
"We work a lot with people from the United States and Australia," she says. "It's a long way to travel. People need months to plan. We hope they will be able to come and celebrate their special moment with their loved ones and that we will all be able to get on with our lives."

PP

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4313 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:26 am

It seems that not all is well in Jacindastan :-? (thanks for that one Fliegs. Quite like it)

Seems that an Airport worker there has tested positive for the virus, despite being 'fully vaccinated.' And this just shortly after the first flights between 'the mainland' and the shaky isles being re-instated.

Suspect that the real stuff is yet to hit the fan! :-ss
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4314 Post by tango15 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:57 am

Two weeks to the day from my second jab and I'm hail and hearty, with no side effects whatsoever. Mind you, I've been a pin cushion for every injection known to man over the years and the only one I used to get a minor reaction from was the Yellow Fever one.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4315 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4316 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:37 pm

T15:
Don't get cocky. [-X
Keep wearing clean underwear. :))

PP

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4317 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm

tango15 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:57 am
Two weeks to the day from my second jab and I'm hail and hearty, with no side effects whatsoever. Mind you, I've been a pin cushion for every injection known to man over the years and the only one I used to get a minor reaction from was the Yellow Fever one.
The TABT jab was the one that rendered me hors de combat for a day or so afterwards. Others were no problem.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4318 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:52 pm

Ted Nugent, who once dismissed Covid-19, tells fans he's tested positive for it
The rock musician said he "can hardly crawl out of bed."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/te ... e-n1264648

Ted Nugent, who once dismissed Covid-19, told fans Monday he's tested positive for it and "can hardly crawl out of bed" due to aches and pains.

In a video posted to Facebook, the rocker said had had "flu symptoms for the last 10 days" and "thought I was dying."

"I was tested positive today," Nugent told fans in footage that appeared to be recorded at his Michigan ranch.

"I got a stuffed up head, body aches, oh my god what a pain in the a--. I literally can hardly crawl out of bed, the last few days but I did. I crawled."

The rocker appeared to say he'll follow orders to remain in isolation: "I'm homebound, i.e. quarantine."

Throughout his 8-minute, 50-second video, the 72-year-old also used racist language to describe the virus that has killed more than 570,000 Americans as of Tuesday morning, according to a running tally by NBC News.

Just four months ago, Nugent doubted coronavirus even existed, calling it a "scamming pandemic" and vowing not to take any vaccine.

"It’s not a real pandemic and that’s not a real vaccine, I’m sorry, I ain’t taking no vaccine," Nugent told fans in a video on Christmas Day.

"You come at me with a needle and I will be in fear of my life. You know what I’ll do if you come at me with a needle. 'Hi, I’m from the government, this needle’s good for you.' F--- you."

PP

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4319 Post by OFSO » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:05 pm

No sympathy whatsoever.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4320 Post by tango15 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 pm