Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4121 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 pm

No idea what shielding is, although might be what I do during the medieval festivals here.

Catalan rules state:
If you've been in contact with anyone with Covid, stay indoors in your house for ten days.
If during this time you test positive, stay indoors for ten days.
If during this time you test negative, stay indoors for ten days.
If you've been vaccinated against Covid, which would be a miracle unless you are a Catholic priest, stay indoors for ten days.
Under any other circumstances not covered here, stay indoors for ten days.
Easy to understand..

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4122 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:04 pm

Come on OFSO, surely you know it is the need to wear a tin hat both downstairs and up. There are no rules for our as that is not permitted.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4123 Post by Boac » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:07 pm

OFSO wrote:No idea what shielding is
Why not ask your "Friends of ours in the UK" - that you quote - they will know. Why not complete your education?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4124 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:06 pm

I asked them, the answer is that they have used aluminum or kitchen foil sewn inside clothing with a single copper core 0.5mm plastic insulated 'wire' trailing down the leg, wound round a paperclip glued to the sole of the right shoe. However the shielding only works when that foot has some weight on it and works better on a damp surface. Walking means half the time they are not shielded.

I hope this is useful to you.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4125 Post by Boac » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:20 pm

That's your education complete, then. Some progress.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4126 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:29 pm

Part II tomorrow night: Anal Probing and what underwear to select, natural or artificial fabric.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4127 Post by Boac » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:42 pm

You do have some interesting friends............

Bob
Capt
Capt

#4128 Post by Bob » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:19 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:54 am
Friends of ours in the UK have received instructions from the NHS that after vaccination they are to stay indoors until the fourth week of March to prevent the spread of Covid-19. And in Spain, regardless of how many negative test results they have over the next ten days, our friends must remain in strict quarantine for that period. I leave you to make your own comments....
No idea about Spain but the comment about the UK situation is just more invented *****, Your arse must be knackered by now
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4129 Post by OFSO » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:27 pm

Invented *****: both ladies were informed in writing of the extended shielding/quarantine. Must be nice to be you Bob, denying facts to suit your preconceptions. I suppose that's one way of dealing with life when you can't cope with reality.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4130 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:32 pm

OFSO, I suggest the copper should be unsheathed as it is proven to kill the virus on contact.

https://www.pesmedia.com/

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4131 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:32 pm
OFSO, I suggest the copper should be unsheathed as it is proven to kill the virus on contact.

https://www.pesmedia.com/
Why copper kills viruses.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4132 Post by Boac » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm

OFSO - I think you (or your 'ladies') have been had! It is rubbish. The only advice currently being given is that immunity is not fully developed until 3 weeks after vax. I suspect either your 'ladies' are terminally confused or pulling your (shielded) leg. If they are in the 'vulnerable' category a vaccination would not change their advice to shield.

PS If you gave up your penchant for 'anal probing' you might find your 'gluteus max' might be a bit less bruised................... =)) Slipping in the shower - oh yes!!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4133 Post by OFSO » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:21 am

Cast your biased minds back to last summer, all you prophets of Doom and Gloom, tut-tutting at crowds on beaches......

"Thousands of sun worshippers flocked to beaches across the country last summer to soak up the rays, prompting concerns of Covid-19 “super spreader” events.

But there has never been a Covid-19 outbreak linked to a crowded beach, MPs heard on Wednesday.

Professor Mark Woolhouse, professor of infectious disease epidemiology at the University of Edinburgh, told the Science and Technology Committee: “Over the summer we were treated to all this on the television news and pictures of crowded beaches, and there was an outcry about this.

“However there were no outbreaks linked to crowded beaches, there’s never been a Covid-19 outbreak linked to a beach ever anywhere in the world to the best of my knowledge.”

He said that mass gatherings – such as a horse racing event – are an exception because they do not involve social distancing and there are “pinch points” like travel and refreshment facilities.

“I think we do have to understand where the risks are so that we can do as much as possible safely,” he added.

It's hardly a surprise. There was absolutely no sign of increasing infections following the 500,000 gathering on Bournemouth beach. Why it has taken so long for the good professor to come to the obvious conclusion is a mystery..

From Google News, yesterday.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4134 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:29 am

He said that mass gatherings – such as a horse racing event – are an exception because they do not involve social distancing and there are “pinch points” like travel and refreshment facilities.
I read that. I think the beaches also have pinch points and crowds, the difference more like to be sea breezes.

They seem surprised to discover that the virus is airborne when we have made that assumption since March last year.

A bigger nonsense was the banning of spectators at football and cricket matches unless it was the turnstiles, bars, and restaurants that worried them.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4135 Post by OFSO » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 am

Our cleaner's daughter was sitting in the open air with five friends last week during the afternoon. Since then four have tested positive, some with mild symptoms. I told the mother the UK mantra of "keep distance of 2 metres and avoid contact for longer than 15 minutes". This has never been mentioned here.

I've just been out shopping. Mask, disinfect hands before and after entering. Distancing before paying. Avoid flirting with lovely checkout girls.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4136 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 am
Our cleaner's daughter was sitting in the open air with five friends last week during the afternoon. Since then four have tested positive, some with mild symptoms.
Were they smoking? Maybe group hugs?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4137 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:39 pm

Now, the Tony Blair Institute has published its blueprint to get Britain out of lockdown. Its figures suggest that non-essential shops could be opened once there are fewer than 5,000 new cases of Covid a day.
Telegraph

We do we publish this crap just because it has the name of the messiah on it?

What does John Major suggest, or Brown, or May, or Abbot for instance?

The only relevant blueprints are from our Government or from the leader of HM Opposition. Everything else is as valid as anything from the wannabee member from Kent. At least I don't think he has said anything.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4138 Post by OFSO » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Six young ladies sitting in a park chatting, afterwards four test positive. The father of one (at least) is also positive. Like most Spanish out of work, he sits in a bar every day with a glass of wine. Who caught it first? Who passed it to whom? With nearly 50% of infected not presenting with symptoms, with highly inaccurate tests or incompetent test administrators, it's impossible to say. Covid-19 defies logic.
Just in: the families who tested negative are being recalled after the weekend to be retested.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4139 Post by boing » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:53 pm

OFSO,
I would not say Covid defies logic, the real answer is that it has characteristics that we do not, even now, recognise or understand. When Covid appeared the first reaction of governments was to jump on to the high tech. vaccine bandwagon and this to the detriment of actually studying the problem. How many governments were happy to throw billions of dollars at vaccine research and how many of them funded basic research to fully understand the enemy?

Since we did not fully understand the problem this lead to the mish-mash of ill-considered preventative measures all justified by the "it seems as though this should help" thinking and we still do not know what would really provide a solution.

Explain why the infection is so strangely spread in close groups as you mention, do different blood groups and different body chemistries have different susceptibilities as is suspected? Why do older people, and even men versus women of the same age, have an established difference in infection rates? Why, not "if" because we know that, are some people asymptopic and others badly infected?

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4140 Post by OFSO » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:02 pm

Very true. My wife and I had different symptoms, hers perhaps as she's asthmatic (which was also fortunate as we had almost every medication handy) but she had no loss if taste and smell, which I did massively.