Chief Pilot

Even more

#5761 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 17, 2022 9:11 am

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#5762 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue May 17, 2022 10:12 am

I also see people in cars, alone, wearing a mask.
Likewise here in Waikerie South Australia, as recently as last Friday morning.

And the requirement for masks in Shops etc was dropped several weeks ago.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5763 Post by OFSO » Tue May 17, 2022 11:36 am

Hairdresser wss wearing mask this morning. And turned the volume down on his system playing something by AC/DC. (Is this relevant?)

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5764 Post by Dushan » Tue May 17, 2022 1:41 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:33 am
Now this really IS Coronabollocks;

https://nakedemperor.substack.com/p/a-p ... mments?s=r

Be patient, it takes a while to load the multiple images.

“For the 1st time ever, a medicine’s ineffectiveness is being blamed on those who haven’t taken it”! ! ~X(
You have to remember that Canadian media is subsidized by Canadian government to the one of $600 million in addition to buying millions of government "advertising". Therefore biting the hand that feeds you s not a good idea. they just go with the government narrative. And the government narrative comes form the guy who admires China's basic dictatorship because they can implement policies without opposition.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5765 Post by Woody » Wed May 18, 2022 10:41 pm

This is not going to be good for BM’s blood pressure =;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... erson.html
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5766 Post by OFSO » Thu May 19, 2022 5:48 am

Ah yes, Randox. On arrival in UK last December, Mrs OFSOs Randox tester told her she'd only just arrived in the UK from Africa as an immigrant two weeks earlier, and only had one vacination.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5767 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat May 21, 2022 8:07 pm

Two weeks ago, our Province had the worst week for Covid deaths - 6. There were no calls in the MSM for mandates, or even masks, both of which have been stopped.
Yet, when there were no deaths, complete lockdowns were both called for and implemented.
So, what's going on?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-e ... -1.6348335
We had our own little Freedom Convoy in February.
A protest round here normally generates a dozen protesters. Maybe about 70 if it's in a worldwide popular cause.
The Convoy had 500-700 vehicles (police estimate), plus crowds on foot. It was bigger than the Annual Parade.
Nobody would talk to the CBC on camera (and, unusually, they admitted this - local reporter, methinks, probably got fired ;) )
There was no comment by the Premier, but the restrictions started being dropped rapidly a week later. All mention of 'the science' has stopped, both by government and media.

Locally, people have worn a mask only in grocery and retail stores and restaurants. Nobody visiting, nor the staff in, what might be termed 'working man's' businesses, like welding shops and plumbing supplies depots, has ever worn a mask (whether male or female). None of the delivery drivers have bothered.

I don't know anyone who's had Covid, nor do any of them know anyone who's had Covid.

So, that's the tale from our little corner of the world.

p.s. OFSO - I didn't think it was legal to play AC/DC at any volume other than 11. I'm pretty sure it's in the UN Charter....

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5768 Post by Dushan » Sat May 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Welcome back Fox!
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5769 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun May 22, 2022 12:44 am

..and Hi! to you too.
Pleased to see the Dreaded Lurgy didn't get you.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5770 Post by Boac » Sun May 22, 2022 10:51 am

Dushan - good news that you were wrong? :-ss

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5771 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun May 22, 2022 11:16 am

Coronabollocks can have a long lasting, debilitating , not to say ultimately terminal effect, upon a career, as I discovered when I met up with an old friend who has just been forced out out of his academic job of some 30 years, where he was the head of the philosophy department at a well known South African university for his refusal to abide by policies relating to vaccinations and anti-vax propaganda. He has moved the courts but no avail! It is a shame and I feel for him but he has his pension and a lot of time on his hands to look forward to I guess.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5772 Post by Dushan » Sun May 22, 2022 11:25 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:51 am
Dushan - good news that you were wrong? :-ss
I am glad that I was wrong, but I was only going by what I was told…

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5773 Post by John Hill » Mon May 23, 2022 12:37 am

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:07 pm
Two weeks ago, our Province had the worst week for Covid deaths - 6. There were no calls in the MSM for mandates, or even masks, both of which have been stopped.
Yet, when there were no deaths, complete lockdowns were both called for and implemented.
So, what's going on?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-e ... -1.6348335
We had our own little Freedom Convoy in February.
A protest round here normally generates a dozen protesters. Maybe about 70 if it's in a worldwide popular cause.
The Convoy had 500-700 vehicles (police estimate), plus crowds on foot. It was bigger than the Annual Parade.
Nobody would talk to the CBC on camera (and, unusually, they admitted this - local reporter, methinks, probably got fired ;) )
There was no comment by the Premier, but the restrictions started being dropped rapidly a week later. All mention of 'the science' has stopped, both by government and media.

Locally, people have worn a mask only in grocery and retail stores and restaurants. Nobody visiting, nor the staff in, what might be termed 'working man's' businesses, like welding shops and plumbing supplies depots, has ever worn a mask (whether male or female). None of the delivery drivers have bothered.

I don't know anyone who's had Covid, nor do any of them know anyone who's had Covid.

So, that's the tale from our little corner of the world.

p.s. OFSO - I didn't think it was legal to play AC/DC at any volume other than 11. I'm pretty sure it's in the UN Charter....

I see that 40,000+ deaths are attributed to Covid in Canada but I guess those people did not really have the disease.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#5774 Post by Dushan » Mon May 23, 2022 12:55 am

John Hill wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:37 am

I see that 40,000+ deaths are attributed to Covid in Canada but I guess those people did not really have the disease.
Very few of those didn’t have multiple co-morbidities and even if there wasn’t the flu strain called COVID-19 they would have succumbed over two years. The world wide mortality rate didn’t budge 1 one hundredth of a percent over the last two years. We just attributed the cause to a differently named flu strain. Old and sick people die during flu season every year.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5775 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon May 23, 2022 1:54 am

Dushan wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:55 am
John Hill wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:37 am

Very few of those didn’t have multiple co-morbidities and even if there wasn’t the flu strain called COVID-19 they would have succumbed over two years. The world wide mortality rate didn’t budge 1 one hundredth of a percent over the last two years. We just attributed the cause to a differently named flu strain. Old and sick people die during flu season every year.
Whatever one's opinions about the the other points made in your post Dushan, let us be clear about one thing, Covid 19 is NOT a flu viral strain! The most accurate thing you can say is that they are different viruses that can affect people, in similar and different ways!

Where is my pedant emoji?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5776 Post by John Hill » Mon May 23, 2022 9:15 am

Dushan wrote:
Very few of those didn’t have multiple co-morbidities and even if there wasn’t the flu strain called COVID-19 they would have succumbed over two years.
So they were going to die anyway? Oh well, I guess that is OK then.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5777 Post by Boac » Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 am

Ignorance is bliss? Dushan - I see you using the Boris Johnson defence =))

prospector
Capt
Capt

#5778 Post by prospector » Mon May 23, 2022 7:20 pm

Something to ponder and inwardly digest perhaps

https://brownstone.org/articles/the-rise-of-hepatitis/

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5779 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon May 23, 2022 11:09 pm

John Hill wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:15 am
Dushan wrote:
Very few of those didn’t have multiple co-morbidities and even if there wasn’t the flu strain called COVID-19 they would have succumbed over two years.
So they were going to die anyway? Oh well, I guess that is OK then.
Not like we don't have the fact that we carry the ultimate co-morbidity factor in the context of the Minkowski space time diagram with us too. The co-morbidity argument is tautological bull, fit only for the average Daily Mail reader, but surely not worthy of the doughty denizens of this good place?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5780 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:57 am

Canada, as of Monday, will drop all federal vaccine requirements, both for air and bus travel, and employment. Until this announcement, they were still pursuing making vaccine mandates permanent.
The science hasn't significantly changed in 6 months.
Anecdotally, it is because they can't get the workers.
They are still persisting with land border vaccine requirements. There's no science to back this - looks like Trudeau is still bitching at the truckers.