Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#1881 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:02 am

On June 10th UK mandatory quarantine for friendly national arrivals ends. France will then stop her demands for quarantine for arrivals from the UK. I feel so happy knowing that such decisions are being taken on scientific and medical grounds and it's not political chest-beating.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1882 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 am

June?

Bob
Capt
Capt

#1883 Post by Bob » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 pm
I have just watched today's much-maligned 'wee krankie's' Covid briefing. Clear, well-delivered, a brilliant effort again. Puts Hancock's Half-Hour' well to shame. Glad that is no longer broadcast on the Comedy Channel.
We had the Transport minister on this morning confidently declaring there where no quarantine measures in place between Common Travel Areas in the UK....these idiots don't even know the rules they put in place.

This is the most inept cabinet in my memory.
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1884 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:53 am

He meant July.

Does this mean someone who enters quarantine today remains locked down till the 18th or can the be sprung after just 6 days?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1885 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:20 am

July. Pardon. Don't know my arse from my Elba.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1886 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:35 am

PN wrote:Does this mean someone who enters quarantine today remains locked down till the 18th or can the be sprung after just 6 days?
ASSUMING (big assume!!) Grant Crapps got it right on TV today, quarantine would end on 10th July.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1887 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 am

Ah, but does he really mean all those in quantine, regardless if they have been in Q for 1 day or 13 will be released.

If I needed to be in quarantine for a number of days IF I was just infected, say 5, what is the point of me going into Q on July 5th or 6th? I would be released on the 10th, the day I fall ill.

All this pre announcing just makes them look stupid.

If you need to lockdown (Leicester) why wait? If you know it will be safe to stop Q in 6 days what is changing now?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1888 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Probably why wee Nicola described the government's handling as 'shambolic' today?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1889 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Perhaps the BoJo ‘crisis team’ of Hancock &Co are actually living in ‘shambala’ or in ‘Shambhala’, both of which might explain the bizarre performances to which we’ve recently been treated?

However, the stupidity of allowing the 4 regions of the once UK to do their own thing in a time of war is illustrated by Wee Nicola Krankie talking about quarantine ‘twixt the English and Jockistan territory. The execution of that restriction will be interesting to observe, so entertaining I might even get in the car with a picnic and mosey up to Carter Bar just to watch the fun! :))

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1890 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:42 pm
Probably why wee Nicola described the government's handling as 'shambolic' today?
She's just pissed off that she wasn't given advance notice of what she will reflexively disagree with immediately, and then follow very exactly two or three weeks later.

She's right though. It has been shambolic, both North and South of the non-international border. Boris, so help her God, has been her leader. She has been his laggardly and bitchingly sulky follower, chronologically anyway.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1891 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:41 pm

I shall just demand parental rights to visit my son and family. In any case I still have my 'honorary' Scottish 'passport' given to me years ago by Murdo at the Machrie on Islay :-)

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1892 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:03 pm

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes wee Nippysweetie to fall in line with the list of exempted countries which has been published by the grownups today.

She really hasn't got much choice. Border Farce is owned by the parent government and it controls the British borders. Not the Councils of Clackmannanshire or Rutland or the numpties of Holyrood.

Her much derided idea of having a wee nippy border control all of her own and being beastly to the **** visitors was one of the daftest things I've seen her pursue (and deny) in a long time.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1893 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:34 pm

This gives a whole new twist to Coronabollocks... =))
A municipal councillor in northern Spain has offered to resign after inadvertently broadcasting video of himself showering during an online council meeting that was being livestreamed.

Earlier this week councillors in Torrelavega gathered online to hash out some of the latest issues facing the municipality of some 52,000 people. Following the protocols put in place as the coronavirus tightened its grip on Spain, half a dozen councillors dialed into the videochat at 8am, streaming it online for journalists and residents.

As the meeting stretched past midday, Bernardo Bustillo, who works part-time with the municipality, began to fret that he wouldn’t have time to shower and shuttle his daughter to her commitments before heading to his other job as a swim instructor.

He came up with what seemed to him the perfect solution to multitask; hauling the computer into the bathroom and minimising the chat screen so that he could listen in on the meeting as he showered.

But like a 2020-specific anxiety dream, as his colleagues considered plans to clean-up a local river, an image of him showering appeared on bottom left of the screen, much of it blurred by a pane of frosted glass. The sound of running water drowned out the constant ringing of his mobile phone, as frantic colleagues tried to warn him that the camera was still rolling.

A wave of discomfort rippled across the videochat as he got out of the shower. “Say something to Berni. Say something to him quickly,” one colleague could be heard saying. Another asked: “We can’t disconnect him or do something?” The mayor swiftly took control, bringing an end to the meeting.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... eo-meeting
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1894 Post by Woody » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:55 pm

When all else fails, read the instructions.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1895 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Weatherspoons will open @ 6am on July 4th.

This was decreed by HM government to prevent them opening at one minute after midnight!

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1896 Post by llondel » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 pm

I'm still hopeful that most of the staff found alternative employment when the boss told them "tough *****" and Wetherspoons won't be able to open because they have no staff.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1897 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:49 am

llondel wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 pm
I'm still hopeful that most of the staff found alternative employment when the boss told them "tough *sh*t*" and Wetherspoons won't be able to open because they have no staff.
+1
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Bob
Capt
Capt

#1898 Post by Bob » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:03 pm
published by the grownups today.

Did you really just refer to Bojo and gang as grown ups?
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1899 Post by OFSO » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:15 pm

Arrived in Paris. Nobody telling us to quarantine for 14 days. Bars, restaurants crowded. Drunk(s) on the streets. Our regular driver said "it's over". Not so sure. Not in Catalunia it isn't, 200,000 back in lockdown.

Now on TGV heading south at 299kph. Masks but no social distancing. Passengers disinfecting tables, cleaning hands, French women shaving under the arms. Sorry, made that last up to see if you are paying attention.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1900 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:18 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:15 pm
French women shaving under the arms. Sorry, made that last up to see if you are paying attention.
Glad it was a test but the image did hurt for a moment!