Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#1661 Post by BenThere » Fri May 22, 2020 7:04 pm

I'm interested in the technique of 'foul-hooking' a fish, especially the easy part. I'm not familiar with it. As the walleye fishing season is opening up here in the Michigan Spring, I'm all ears.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1662 Post by G-CPTN » Fri May 22, 2020 8:55 pm

BenThere wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:04 pm
I'm interested in the technique of 'foul-hooking' a fish, especially the easy part. I'm not familiar with it. As the walleye fishing season is opening up here in the Michigan Spring, I'm all ears.
Fisherman's record-breaking catch denied after investigation concludes it was 'foul-hooked'.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1663 Post by 4mastacker » Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm

BenThere wrote:
In some competitions, an angler is permitted to use a set number of hooks. If the angler is naughty and uses more than the permitted number, then any fish caught may, according to the competition rules, be classed as 'foul-hooked' resulting in possible disqualification and the potential loss of winnings (which can be considerable). Additionally, any fish landed by means other than a hook in the mouth will also be classed as 'foul-hooked'. Jumping in and catching one which has slipped off the hook will be seen as 'foul-hooked'.

Ribrash may be more up-to-date on the rules governing foul-hooking than I.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1664 Post by OFSO » Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Back to the subject in hand !

"When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely, in your thoughts advanced to the stage of science."
Lord Kelvin.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1665 Post by Boac » Sat May 23, 2020 7:05 am

Additionally, any fish landed by means other than a hook in the mouth will also be classed as 'foul-hooked'.
I would say that clears PN of any underhand fishing techniques?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1666 Post by Woody » Sat May 23, 2020 7:13 am

Boac wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:05 am
Additionally, any fish landed by means other than a hook in the mouth will also be classed as 'foul-hooked'.
I would say that clears PN of any underhand fishing techniques?
Sure he’s tickled to hear that.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1667 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat May 23, 2020 7:27 am

As in tickling Trout ?

ribrash

#1668 Post by ribrash » Sat May 23, 2020 9:37 am

4mastacker wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm
BenThere wrote:
In some competitions, an angler is permitted to use a set number of hooks. If the angler is naughty and uses more than the permitted number, then any fish caught may, according to the competition rules, be classed as 'foul-hooked' resulting in possible disqualification and the potential loss of winnings (which can be considerable). Additionally, any fish landed by means other than a hook in the mouth will also be classed as 'foul-hooked'. Jumping in and catching one which has slipped off the hook will be seen as 'foul-hooked'.

Ribrash may be more up-to-date on the rules governing foul-hooking than I.
In coarse fishing generally and in competitions 1 hook is used.Some fish,carp especially, hit the bait so hard that they foul hook themselves on the outside of the mouth.These fish will be landed and will count in the total.A fish foul hooked on the body will escape as the scale is pulled off.In sea fishing 1 to 3 hooks can be used depending on what the target is.In this country and probably all round the world " fish ripping " goes on.When the likes of Salmon gather in the pools below the waterfalls waiting for the conditions to be right it is not unknown for scum to cast in bits of lead which have big hooks embedded.The objective being to snag and foulhook fish.UP may have come across this on his river.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1669 Post by Woody » Sat May 23, 2020 9:58 am

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:27 am
As in tickling Trout ?
If you like them poached :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1670 Post by Undried Plum » Sat May 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Madame, Jez vous ...

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1671 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 24, 2020 8:26 am

What part of Jockistan is that? 😁

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1672 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 pm

ribrash wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:37 am

In coarse fishing generally and in competitions 1 hook is used.Some fish,carp especially, hit the bait so hard that they foul hook themselves on the outside of the mouth.These fish will be landed and will count in the total.A fish foul hooked on the body will escape as the scale is pulled off.In sea fishing 1 to 3 hooks can be used depending on what the target is.In this country and probably all round the world " fish ripping " goes on.When the likes of Salmon gather in the pools below the waterfalls waiting for the conditions to be right it is not unknown for scum to cast in bits of lead which have big hooks embedded.The objective being to snag and foulhook fish.UP may have come across this on his river.
Yes, I have experience of arresting criminals in the act of ripping salmon and sea trout.

I give a simple verbal warning for a first offence. Second offence: another verbal warning, followed up by a written warning on District Salmon Fishery Board notepaper. Third offence: arrest and handover to rozzers and a report to the Procurator Fiscal.

In more than 20 years I've only had three prosecutions, two of them the same guy. He got a heavy fine and suspended sentence for his first conviction and an actual prison sentence of three months for his second.

In Scotland Water Bailiffs have the same powers of search and seizure as the police. We also have the advantage of not having to wear a conspicuous uniform, nor do we have to give a formal caution. We don't carry restraining devices such as handcuffs, nor do we carry defensive weaponry. I would not want any of that stuff anyway. In my days as a Catman I was taught rather well by the Battmen how to handle a difficult or aggressive opponent.

I detest rippers. It's a very nasty form of poaching which is quite different to a hobbyist casting a fly without a valid fishing permit.

ribrash

#1673 Post by ribrash » Sun May 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 pm
ribrash wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:37 am

Yes, I have experience of arresting criminals in the act of ripping salmon and sea trout.

I give a simple verbal warning for a first offence. Second offence: another verbal warning, followed up by a written warning on District Salmon Fishery Board notepaper. Third offence: arrest and handover to rozzers and a report to the Procurator Fiscal.

In more than 20 years I've only had three prosecutions, two of them the same guy. He got a heavy fine and suspended sentence for his first conviction and an actual prison sentence of three months for his second.

In Scotland Water Bailiffs have the same powers of search and seizure as the police. We also have the advantage of not having to wear a conspicuous uniform, nor do we have to give a formal caution. We don't carry restraining devices such as handcuffs, nor do we carry defensive weaponry. I would not want any of that stuff anyway. In my days as a Catman I was taught rather well by the Battmen how to handle a difficult or aggressive opponent.

I detest rippers. It's a very nasty form of poaching which is quite different to a hobbyist casting a fly without a valid fishing permit.
+10 ^:)^

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1674 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:26 am
What part of Jockistan is that? 😁
I suspect that the rozzers in that pic may have been arresting her for a crime against Couture as she has so criminally mismatched upper and lower decks of her rig.

Meanwhile, it appears that the third flic is going to have a word with the bloke who's dropping his drawers to do the mannequin pis routine.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1675 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 24, 2020 3:13 pm

She may be a case of the pelmet not matching the curtains.
That could very well be the primary cause of offence. I wonder will it be an on-the-spot fine or custodial...?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1676 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Taken down in evidence and used in prosecution against her

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1677 Post by Undried Plum » Sun May 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Which one was first of the three to crown her?

It is, after all, a corona thing.

Which one got sloppy seconds?

Did the third one get a look in? Or was he he more interested in the waterside object of his interest?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1678 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:57 pm
Which one was first of the three to crown her?

It is, after all, a corona thing.

Which one got sloppy seconds?

Did the third one get a look in? Or was he he more interested in the waterside object of his interest?
Reading this post in isolation my first thought was Harry with Andrew first 🤣

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#1679 Post by Dushan » Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 pm

I think she is being cautioned against wearing a top on a French beach.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1680 Post by 4mastacker » Mon May 25, 2020 12:03 am

"Madame, ze white mask is meant to be worn on ze face, comme ça".
It's always my fault - SWMBO