Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4541 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:40 pm

TGG wrote:never used it and deleted it within a day as it seemed to using an inordinate amount of the battery charge.
Still confused - you downloaded the NHS 'patient' app a 'while ago'? When was it using a lot of battery? How often were you using it? Generally it is only used for prescription ordering, record checking or contacting your GP. It does not run unless you access it. Are you suffering from PN-itis and confusing it with the tracking app? I do hope that condition has not spread to East Anglia. There is no vaccine......................

OR

Have you been having a 'difficult' time? :))

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4542 Post by llondel » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:53 pm

To be of any use, an app has to be able to note who you are and details of your vaccinations and then go ask a big database somewhere whether it has those records on file. If it says yes and you've got some proof of ID that matches the name given to the database then it can assume you're good to go. Makes some of the fakes harder once you need to match an independent database elsewhere. Big Brother would approve wholeheartedly.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4543 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm

The problem, llondel, is the 'accessing the big database'. Where is it and who holds it?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4544 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:06 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm
Where is it and who holds it?
Probably Google.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4545 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:51 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:40 pm
TGG wrote:never used it and deleted it within a day as it seemed to using an inordinate amount of the battery charge.
Still confused - you downloaded the NHS 'patient' app a 'while ago'? When was it using a lot of battery? How often were you using it? Generally it is only used for prescription ordering, record checking or contacting your GP. It does not run unless you access it. Are you suffering from PN-itis and confusing it with the tracking app? I do hope that condition has not spread to East Anglia. There is no vaccine......................

OR

Have you been having a 'difficult' time? :))
Ah here's the thing, I downloaded the tracking app early on when it was in its Beta testing phase, which literally drained my battery. Deleted it and later loaded the patient app but didn't look at it once loaded and assumed it was an extended version of the tracking app and deleted it immediately!

So yes, a definite misunderstanding, mental aberration, senile dementia, call it what you will. =))

Confusion reigned but I can see clearly now! Please be kind to PN and me when you visit us in the "home". Bring cocoa, Ludo but not Scrabble for either of us, and don't mention apps lest the chaps with the strait-jackets are needed! =))

;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4546 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm

I have steadfastly refused to download the NHS Covid app since, as I said, it had been touched by the hand of Dildo.
Scrabble
Ah, but we have a PN edition of Scrabble.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#4547 Post by Dushan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 pm

OFSO wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:31 pm
Heard from the German who came and bought a sculpture this morning that Germany also has a traffic light system for foreign countries, Spain is amber on their system, and he's had rental cancelations as Germans are frightened to come to Spain.

The German system is:
Green
Amber
Red
March into Austria
That worked so well the last time.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4548 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:15 pm
Mrs Ex-A, that is the same in UK, but knowing some of my fellow countrymen as I am sure you do too, swapping and fakery would be too easy.....
Parts of the UK perhaps - certainly not here in Scotland. I had both my jabs, one in February, one in April and have nothing in writing or otherwise to confirm that. There is an app in Scotland which those who are going overseas within 21 days are able to download but those staying put have to wait for one to be issued.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4549 Post by llondel » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:28 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm
The problem, llondel, is the 'accessing the big database'. Where is it and who holds it?
Hence my Big Brother comment.

If Cameron's government hadn't cancelled the whole ID card and database the prior government was trying to foist on us then it would be trivial to add an extra field for it. Just flash your ID card, database is queried and your location logged in return for divulging your vaccination status.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4550 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:21 am

Did the ID card database ever achieve viability?

Bob
Capt
Capt

#4551 Post by Bob » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:18 am

Had a peek over TOP and I cant believe the bollox that Oracle women is spouting and how many Tory ***** over there take it all in, no increase in hospitalisations and other such crap (OFSO would be proud)
May I ask anyone know is she in here incognito so I can shout at the brainless copy and paste twat?
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4552 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:52 am

Why would I be proud? Of what? I am completely middle-of-the-road in my opinions, why do you attack me?

Looking back at your posts I see your abuse comes at regular intervals. Can't tie it to a lunar cycle. Perhaps you escape regularly from the psychiatric Institute in which you are obviously confined and you make for the nearest internet access point to vent your rage and spite against me before a roving team of warders locates you and drags you back, frothing and spitting, to your padded cell. Further and better paticulars are awaited...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4553 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:12 am

C16 wrote:There is an app in Scotland which those who are going overseas within 21 days are able to download
What does it actually do on departure? What happens when you get 'overseas', C16? Have you been assured that 'overseas' will recognised the data or that if you flew back into a non-Scottish airport it would again work? What is the app?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4554 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 am

I think that Bob has escaped from the comments section of the DM online, he’s not mentioned Farage’s Law yet but it won’t be long until he does :-*
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4555 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 am

There’s certainly going to be some bollox today :((
Matt Hancock will address a number of accusations levelled against him over the government’s handling of the Covid-19 pandemic when he answers questions from MPs later. It comes after the prime minister’s former adviser Dominic Cummings claimed the health secretary should have been fired on several occasions for “lying” to the cabinet during the crisis. Mr Hancock denies the claims, saying he has been guided by science throughout.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4556 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:20 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:12 am
C16 wrote:There is an app in Scotland which those who are going overseas within 21 days are able to download
What does it actually do on departure? What happens when you get 'overseas', C16? Have you been assured that 'overseas' will recognised the data or that if you flew back into a non-Scottish airport it would again work? What is the app?
I posted that info from memory and got it wrong. In Scotland you can get a printed copy of your Covid-19 vaccination status or else go online to view and print it - it's not an app. How accepted it would be overseas, I have no idea.

NHS inform website
Your vaccination status can be used to confirm that you have received a dose of the coronavirus vaccine. You should only get your coronavirus vaccination status if you are travelling in the next 21 days. Alternative options to get your vaccination status will be available soon.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4557 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 am

Boac wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm
I have steadfastly refused to download the NHS Covid app since, as I said, it had been touched by the hand of Dildo.
Scrabble
Ah, but we have a PN edition of Scrabble.
Confound you Boac, I have been sucked in this morass, and in a moment of idleness, decided to have another look at the the NHS Patient/Practice app (now that I understand the difference thanks to your sound drubbing yesterday). I have ended up having to post photographs of my driver's licence, videos of my grizzled, aged self repeating a number to prove that I am who I think I am, when I clearly don't think that I am the man that I actually see (if you see what I mean) !

All of this and now I am told that I have to wait 24 hours to see if I am the man I really think I am before I can get access to the damned system.

=))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4558 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 am

Stand on the devil's tail. Just look at what has just arrived...

Oooh the excitement...

NHS.JPG
=))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4559 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:39 am

Damn! No excuse for a complaint now. (That's compliant in PN speak.............) =))

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4560 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:28 pm

TGG, how long did you contain your curiosity?