Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4621 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:51 pm

It really doesn't take five weeks for even the most willfully dunderheaded to recognise that the pandemic is running out of control.
You misunderstand - it didn't take 5 weeks, but 5 (4) weeks was the appointed time for the decision (and the one everyone has got their furry knickers in a twist about, thanks to the media) and I suspect even the dumbest person would have noticed earlier? (That includes Tony and any other 'dunderheids')

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4622 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 pm

The mandatory requirement to wear masks in Catalunia end on June 26th. Possibly also in Spain. No doubt it will cause some people here to splutter in inchoat rage, but a scientific advisor has said that in the open air and with fleeting contact, there is little evidence that wearing a mask ever prevented infection by Covid. Which does not, however, explain the lower infection rate of influenza 2020-2021.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4623 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:02 pm

OFSO wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 pm
there is little evidence that wearing a mask ever prevented infection by Covid. Which does not, however, explain the lower infection rate of influenza 2020-2021.
I believe that giving people a wide berth by crossing the road (treating people as if they have leprosy) is the major reason for reduced infection.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4624 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:26 pm

The mask gives negligible protection to the wearer. The pore spaces of the commonly used black or blue masks through which you breathe are vastly larger than the diameter of the wee spikey spherical thingy.

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases. It is the microscopic droplets of a cough or a sneeze which are stopped by those cheapo masks. Each one of those thousands of droplets is a cargo carrier of thousands of virus particles. That's why masks are compulsory in confined public spaces.

It's beedin' obvious why the normal winter flu graph flatlined last winter. All the precautions which work against the Flu coronovirus also work just as well against the Cv10 virus and vice-versa. The shutdown worked.

When that **** gobshite Boris opened up the pub-restaurants last summer and actually bribed people a tenner per oronasal passage to go and infect eachother it was bleed'n obvious that the infection rate would increase by one or two orders of magnitude. And so it did.

When he knew that India was rife with the Indian Variant (bollocks to the Greek letters) he continued to let tens of thousands of Indians travel to Britain, many of them travelling to densely inhabited *****-holes like Bradford and Southall and Leicester, it was inevitable what was going to happen. Totally predictable.

Today there's thousands of porridge wogs, many of them from severely infected places like Dundee and Edinburgh and Glasgow, roaring and chanting and bellowing in close proximity to eachother, maskless, in ill-ventilated humid pubs. I'll give you one great big guess what the result will be.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4625 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:01 pm

Same over here UP. ~X(
Most sports venues, baseball stadia, basketball and hockey playoff arenas, etc. are, or soon, will be open to capacity in spite of many of those areas not even at half vaccination rates. :-o
With the Indian variety about to take over as the leading variant, it will become yet another sh!tshow. [-X
My only sympathies are for those who can't take the vaccine due to compromised immune systems. :O3

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4626 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:26 pm
The pore spaces of the commonly used black or blue masks through which you breathe are vastly larger than the diameter of the wee spikey spherical thingy.
The size of the spikey spherical thing averages about 120 nanometers across putting it well in the ultraviolet light wavelength category, and far too small to be resolved by light in the normal human visual spectrum range. Too small to be seen without the use of an electron microscope and not having any colour as we humans know it. Very small as you say.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4627 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Only one way to see if masks 'worked' and no country would dare to try the test of suspending their use for a fixed period of time.

However we do know that allowing 28,000 Indians into the country over a three week period put that country at the top, or near, of the European infections list. So that test worked.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4628 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Whilst religiously wearing a mask, I have 'detected' fragrances from afar, whether smoke from tobacco or vaping or perfume from a passing female, so I question the efficacy of masks.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4629 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:10 pm

See UP #4624
"The mask gives negligible protection to the wearer. The pore spaces of the commonly used black or blue masks through which you breathe are vastly larger than the diameter of the wee spikey spherical thingy.

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases. It is the microscopic droplets of a cough or a sneeze which are stopped by those cheapo masks. Each one of those thousands of droplets is a cargo carrier of thousands of virus particles. That's why masks are compulsory in confined public spaces."

They help stop you gobbing and sneezing over others.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4630 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:45 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:10 pm
They help stop you gobbing and sneezing over others.
A more succinct explanation than my usual verbosity.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4631 Post by ian16th » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:09 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:26 pm
I'll give you one great big guess what the result will be.
England 1 Scotland 0
Cynicism improves with age

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4632 Post by Woody » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:15 pm

When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4633 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:24 pm

Oooh, Woody, don't publish such links, there are people here who will call you rude names!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4634 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:33 am

OFSO wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:24 pm
Oooh, Woody, don't publish such links, there are people here who will call you rude names!
And your point is? You will notice that the numbers refer to May 2021, but then when it comes to numbers overall, you have always been a bit woolly or tendentious, haven't you OFSO, a bit like that dubious source, the Daily Wail!

Where is Bob when you need him? He will give you the trenchant abuse required when it comes to numeracy and accuracy! =)) :p
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4635 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:06 am

Do you really expect statistical numbers for June 2021 ? In case you have not noticed there are still 11 days to go. Wake up, woolly-minded Goblin of dubosities !

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

The Green Goblin of Dubiousity

#4636 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:06 am
Do you really expect statistical numbers for June 2021 ? In case you have not noticed there are still 11 days to go. Wake up, woolly-minded Goblin of dubosities !
You miss the point, purposely I guess, or maybe, more sadly, you just don't get it!

Taking any one month out of context in the course of a statistical analysis is meaningless, but is a technique often used by the unscrupulous or the ignorant to prove or make a dubious point one way or the other.

Woolly my jumper or my mind may be, but "master of dubosities" (I like the word by the way) is a grand new accolade for me, I shall wear it, like my jumper, with pride! :) ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4637 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:27 am

Make sure, my little green friend, that you shorten the strap when you hang it around your neck, or you might trip over it and injure yourself, which none of us here would like. Fregiamo i non-credenti!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4638 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:31 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:27 am
Make sure, my little green friend, that you shorten the strap when you hang it around your neck, or you might trip over it and injure yourself, which none of us here would like. Fregiamo i non-credenti!
Have I upset you in some way this morning? :)) :p ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4639 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:38 am