Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#2462 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 pm

It's not a question of backbone.

As that old proverb goes:
God, grant me the strength to change the things I can change,
The humility to accept the things I cannot change,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I'm not saying we should give up on the ill, but who benefits if we completely trash our economy?

It's futile to thrash about like a giant beached whale. Nature will have her way.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2463 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 pm

If so many businesses are suffering from lack of income, there must be people who are spending less.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2464 Post by boing » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:46 pm

AK

"God, grant me the strength to change the things I can change,
The humility to accept the things I cannot change,"

You only know what you can't change by trying to change it. Deciding that you can't change something without trying to do so is not wisdom.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2465 Post by boing » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 am

G-CPTN
If so many businesses are suffering from lack of income, there must be people who are spending less.
That would seem to be the action of a logical man but I am not sure there is any logic anywhere now. I hear people bemoaning that their vacation to Hawaii has been prevented when perhaps they should be saving that money, then people turn around and say interest rates are so low they might as well spend. I still talk to people who recommend buying gold but I have never received a good reply to the question of what they intend to do with the gold if there is plenty of gold but food is scarce.

Certainly in the US coronavirus is being blamed by the politicians for every blip in any activity from finance to employment to business closure but I am having trouble to logically follow any of those claims. In our city coronavirus is being used to explain the closure of a large city centre retailer. The fact that the windows of the company were smashed by rioters and the store was cleaned out by looters has never been mention. Coronavirus gets the blame.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2466 Post by John Hill » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 am

boing wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 am
In our city coronavirus is being used to explain the closure of a large city centre retailer. The fact that the windows of the company were smashed by rioters and the store was cleaned out by looters has never been mention. Coronavirus gets the blame.
Do you not have insurance in your country?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2467 Post by Ibbie » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:06 am

Another edition of Hancooks Half Hour is due on Radio 4's Today program shortly.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2468 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 am

I listened to Hancock.
These guys are in way too deep. They are completely out of their depth.

Trying to STOP the bug is like trying to hold back the tide. We cannot do it!

We need to try and preserve our economy- because it's paying for everything that makes us civilised, while trying our hardest to keep safe those who are most vulnerable- not ALL of us, ffs.

Isolate the old. Keep the young working. Identify vulnerable groups. Seal off old folks homes.

Inform people of the danger, let them avoid as best they can.

If the UK goes on like this it will be completely and utterly ****.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2469 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:20 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 am

Isolate the old.

Identify vulnerable groups.

Inform people of the danger,

Old and cantankerous.

If they don't know now they never will

The people have been informed but do the understand?

I saw BoJo's pic shaping up for an elbow bump. Try and do that a metre apart.

Look at the NZ PM, what was she thinking, or rather why wasn't she thinking with that selfie? Votes and popularity ahead of leadership.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2470 Post by barkingmad » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:04 am

An interesting statistic floats to the surface like a gaseous turd awaiting a polish by one of the ‘architects’ of the UK’s “over-arching strategy”. (Please excuse the managementspeak, it’s not my language!)

This from yesterday, Wed 23rd Sept on a UK radio show;

“The interview of Dominic Raab by Julia Hartley-Brewer this morning was simply stunning. JHB asked Raab how many healthy under-60s have died of Covid since February. Raab has literally no clue, was unable to even give a ballpark figure. When JHB told him it was 307 Raab was stunned. It took him a couple of seconds to compose himself and start muttering a reply.

A very senior member of the Government seems to be completely unaware of exactly how innocuous Covid is to the majority of the population. Beyond that, it’s nothing short of outrageous that a senior Cabinet member should have no grasp whatsoever of the basic numbers of the single biggest issue that has faced this country for decades. The Government is clearly making decisions based on narratives and ideas presented to them without scrutinising them at even the most basic level.

Can you imagine anyone running a serious business in this way – not having a clue for example how many clients one has or how much money the business turns over, more or less?

There is no conspiracy here, just colossal incompetence and negligence.”

So it is not after all a plot to get rid of cash in the economy and to have us all micro-chipped at birth, so population control can move away from interestingly crafted bits of rubber to the more sinister use of tracing and tracking...

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2471 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 am

Holy ***** Barkers.
307?
We wrecked our economy to try and stop a bug that only killed 307 healthy under-60s in half a year?
The Covid countermeasures will kill twenty times that!

What the actual fugg are they thinking?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2472 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 am

Can you imagine anyone running a serious business in this way – not having a clue for example how many clients one has or how much money the business turns over, more or less?
Dido?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2473 Post by barkingmad » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am

Apparently the UK suicide rate is averaging 8 tragic events per day, but I note no actions nor expenditure by HMG to produce a “cure” for this condition.

The latest lockdown measures ordered by the wildly testiculating BoJo will indeed make the numbers increase... [-X

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2474 Post by Ibbie » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 am

The UK Government(s) need surpressing as they are doing more damage to the Country with these ill though, knee jerk decrees than the virus.

They have also the bloody of the tourist and hospitality industries in several European counties on their hands with their ill conceived quarantine regulations.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2475 Post by OFSO » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:31 pm

We had a German guest for lunch. He told us that at the height of the Italian outbreak, the Bavarian government became concerned and passed a law that every German returning from Italy (and this was mostly by car) was to be tested for Covid-19. The first 100,000 were done (much frustrated queuing at the border for hours and hours) and all samples sent off to the one (1) laboratory appointed to do the tests. After the first 30,000 they ran out of funding and stopped work. The remaining samples were dumped. There were questions in the Bavarian parliament, but they received assurances that all 100,000 tests had been carried out but that the results had somehow been "lost."

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2476 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:45 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Ann Widdecombe, but I think she sees it roughly as I do, so here's her quite well presented thoughts on the matter.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2478 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:52 pm

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2479 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Haha. Velly funny.

I started this thread, and its not a bad thing to read the OP from time to time.

This guys delivery is punchy, maybe a bit too much so......but.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2480 Post by boing » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:24 pm

I think the last politician I admire was Lee Kuan Yew.