Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4801 Post by EA01 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:32 pm

We require to 'check in' everywhere now, though it is comically inept right now, some places, some places just walk through, some places employ someone to catch people without phones....but no requirement to 'check out'...so if i were to go to the shop at 08:50, and left by 9, and someone positive entered the shop at 14:00, 5 hours after I left, I'd be called along for screening.
So I don't take my phone, and if someone wants to record my passage, I could well be 'Undried Plum', of Balmoral Castle...there is no verification at the door of who you say you are....no idea.....and that sums it up, politicians....no idea
Yet another place, that allows 'self sign in', and so you can see everyones name & address, whilst using a communal pen (Surely a transmission vector!)...I saw written down 'M. Mouse, Anaheim', made me think, if an authority checks these, how many times a day they see 'M. Mouse' checking in all over the place!?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4802 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:46 pm

EA, that is the point I made here, check in and you are logged in until midnight. When you leave log in again, bit like a Microsoft START button to switch off. Then in UK we can delete the time to midnight.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4803 Post by OFSO » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Catalan municipalities have been allowed to impose a lockdown to municipality or not. Hundreds went for it, ours and the neighbouring communities and principle town have not. The border is open, everywhere full of French who universally ignore distancing and wearing of masks in shops etc. which to be fair the Spanish observe. As in every country with which I am familiar it's obvious there is no solution which doesn't impose intolerable restrictions on everyone and also wreck the economy, and we can only wait until it's all over, or not.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4804 Post by Pinky the pilot » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:49 am

.I saw written down 'M. Mouse, Anaheim',
Bill Clinton checked in at the local Medical centre a few weeks ago. Heinrich Muller was noted at a Public gathering here about a month or so back. :-o

I'm wondering if Boris Badenov will yet put in an appearance! :-?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4805 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Before the pubs re-opened on the 17th of May this year there were several counties (Council areas) in Scotland which had achieved zero cases per 100,000 population. The Northern Isles and the Western Isles had that status. Now even they are above the WHO definition of an epidemic out of control.

Some of the islanders are now bitching that the ferries are beyond capacity due to crew shortages resultant from self-isolation requirements. A somewhat circular cause/effect cycle, methinks.

Only a cretin or a deeply malicious politician would look at this graph and decide to cancel the public health regulations on the 19th of July or the 9th of August.

Criminal negligence. Scotland, in particular, is becoming a major reservoir of infection with which to infect the world when the Embra Fringe kicks off in August.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#4806 Post by Dushan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Pinky the pilot wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:49 am
.I saw written down 'M. Mouse, Anaheim',
Bill Clinton checked in at the local Medical centre a few weeks ago. Heinrich Muller was noted at a Public gathering here about a month or so back. :-o

I'm wondering if Boris Badenov will yet put in an appearance! :-?
Anyone see Mr. Hilter?
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4807 Post by llondel » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:33 am

These don't really qualify for a Darwin Award any more because it's no longer a novel way to die, merely stupid and pointless.
A 54-year-old Texas man who thought COVID-19 vaccines were "poison" died from the virus last month, and was buried by his wife and three sons on Father's Day.
https://www.rawstory.com/anti-vaccine-texas-man-dies/

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4808 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:39 am

Anyone see Mr. Hilter?
Unknown at this stage. Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually put in an appearance.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4809 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:54 am

UP wrote:Only a cretin or a deeply malicious politician would look at this graph and decide to cancel the public health regulations on the 19th of July or the 9th of August.
Either or both?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4810 Post by OFSO » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:15 am

I have just seen an interview on French TV with a Minister, who said the varient of Covid which prompted Buffoon Boris to impose quarantine on anyone coming from France is found only in the overseas territory of Réunion, not in mainland France. Of course the chance of anyone in the British government knowing the difference is de minimus.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4811 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:13 am

Must admit to being surprised at the latest move to quarantine returnees from France.

Surely the idea is herd immunity by infection?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4812 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:10 pm

AK - no-one, including Bonking Boris, knows what the government's 'ideas' are. People are guessing it is some sort of dreamed 'herd immunity' but the cost of this is unknown in terms of the NHS and illness due to long-Covid.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4813 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:51 pm

I see that Slaphead Javid has been pinged with the virus despite two Covid vaccinations..
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4814 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:57 pm

Apparently his 'admission video' contradicts the NHS guidance. Nice one Javy!

Will he be filmed fondling a bottom soon?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4815 Post by Boac » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:03 am

Especially for AK and BM.....
E6kCnyHWYAchJeM.png
E6kCnyHWYAchJeM.png (734.45 KiB) Viewed 318 times

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

One rule us; and another rule for them

#4816 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:16 am

The Prime Minister and the Chancellor of the Exchequer have been pinged as Covid close contacts, but will not self-isolate.

Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace as contacts of someone who has tested positive for Covid but will be participating in a daily contact testing pilot to allow them to continue to work from Downing Street, No 10 has said.

Some 530,126 people were pinged last week and legally had to isolate, but the Prime Minister and the Chancellor will not. It is understood the pair will only leave home to work, and will have to take tests every morning to ensure they do not have Covid.

It comes after Health Secretary Sajid Javid announced he was self-isolating having picked up the virus despite being double vaccinated.

Mr Johnson is proceeding with the full re-opening of the economy despite a fresh surge of cases fuelled by the highly transmissible Delta variant. New infections are running at their highest level since January.

Yesterday we had a bbq with more than 36 guests. We're in two counties which are in Level 1 (the second Level by the pussy logic of der Führerin). The rules restrict outdoor social events to only 12 people over the age of 12 and a maximum of 12 households. That's being increased to 15 tomorrow under the new Level 0 rules.

To adhere to the rules, at least nominally, we set the invitations to three different arrival times, 12:00 15:00 and 18:00, with the designated driver politely asking the departing guests to avail themselves of his services a quarter hour before those times. To increase the total number of people allowable at any one times we took advantage of the Scottie Gumment's sloppy wording of the rules:
you can meet socially in groups: ... of up to 12 people from 12 households outdoors in your garden or a public place
The social gathering area straddled the walled garden and one of the side gardens, thus staying within the written rules. I guess that the dopey draughters of the rules presumed that households only have one garden per household.

In more than 30 years I've never seen a police car in our little country lane, but yesterday afternoon one was seen driving at walking pace past the front gates. The two back gardens and the side garden cannot be seen from the road, so they wouldn't have been able to count the people at the gathering. They undoubtedly knew that they'd have been told to **** if they tried to enter the property, so they buggered off without getting off their arses.

Right from the beginning of this epidemic, it has been notable that a certain type of government official and members of the ruling class have insisted on holding the rules in contempt as if the rules only apply to the hoi poloi and not to themselves.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4817 Post by OFSO » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:24 am

How many people were allowed in at Silverstone yesterday? Today two young boys of our family are running a triathlon. The organizers allow one (1) parent per child in to watch. One! Idiots.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4818 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:37 am

OFSO wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:24 am
How many people were allowed in at Silverstone yesterday? Today two young boys of our family are running a triathlon. The organizers allow one (1) parent per child in to watch. One! Idiots.
Assuming the two boys share the same parents, what's the problem?

If the parents are connected with the gumment or the German Family, they'll ignore the rules anyway.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Belay #4816

#4819 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:08 am

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4820 Post by Boac » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:13 am

2hr 38 minutes.