Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#4581 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:01 pm

I am risking the wrath of Ranting Robert, but must add that while we are not acquainted with anyone who died OF Covid, we are acquainted with people who died of other causes, and often miserable lonely deaths, BECAUSE of Covid.

In the great hullabaloo about Covid, these deaths are not recorded.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4582 Post by llondel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:08 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:51 pm
llondel wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:53 am
Dushan wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm
There was really nothing to worry about going to restaurants or elsewhere. There is really no serious covid in many places. So who is talking bollox, OFSO who is a gentlemen and a scholar or you who only crawl from under the rock to spew hatred?
Quite a few people who said there was nothing to fear and took insufficient precautions ended up dying of covid.
"Of COVID" or "with COVID"?
Depends on your definition of "of" and "with". In which category is "Complications due to covid"? If you catch it and then get respiratory failure as a result did you die of covid or not? I know that in the UK it would be classed as death by respiratory failure with covid as a contributing factor, but for practical purposes covid was the cause of death.

There may be no serious covid in many places but it can change quite quickly. Ask all those people in India who couldn't get treatment for their loved ones. And those in New York, which because a hotspot for the disease. Being able to observe social distancing and keep the hell away from others means you've got the income and space to be able to do that, which many people don't have.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4583 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:06 pm

Go and look at my home area in the County of Middlesex where the average semi-detached house is occupied by three generations of Indians, members of one family. (Not speculation: I know the area and I know the people who live there.) This is by choice, not forced on them by poverty. And the Covid infection rate is very high.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4584 Post by llondel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:20 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:06 pm
Go and look at my home area in the County of Middlesex where the average semi-detached house is occupied by three generations of Indians, members of one family. (Not speculation: I know the area and I know the people who live there.) This is by choice, not forced on them by poverty. And the Covid infection rate is very high.
In the area where I live there are quite a lot of multi-generational families who don't really have a choice because of the high property prices in the area. At one point we were one of the worst zip code areas in the US for covid cases, and it's why there's been pretty good compliance with mask wearing and other precautions since, because of the infection rate.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4585 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 pm

I have ancient family connections with India (like many English) and just wish they were not so opposed to vaccination.

"Mera Jhansi denge nay... "

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4586 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:10 pm

"A headache, sore throat and a runny nose are the most commonly reported symptoms of the Delta variant of Covid-19" reported by BBC, statement by Professor Tim Spector. "Although young people may think they have only a light summer cold, they may go on to infect other people." Who presumably will, or may, also develop a headache, sore throat and a runny nose.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4587 Post by Boac » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:21 pm

....and, of course, possibly 'Long Covid' or even be hospitalised ?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4588 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:47 pm

Possibly, yes indeed.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4589 Post by Boac » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:56 pm

The point Tim Spector was trying to make was that the rapid spread of the India variant has probably been aggravated by the younger folk who do not realise they have C19 and have carried on 'life' without 'acting as if you have it'. With a R rate as high as 8 for it that is a big problem.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4590 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 pm

The EU Member States are green status to each other. However, as far as I can see, some such as France require a 'declaration' of not having been near an infected person, to be printed, signed and handed to an official at the border. At the end of each day these are collected and placed in a suitable container, ie a rubbish bin.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4591 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 am

Another good read courtesy of Richard Littlejohn; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ctory.html :)

And down here we no longer have to sign into everywhere; you just have to wear a face mask, sanitise your hands and have your temperature checked. :YMPARTY:

Just think of how many trees will be saved. :D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4592 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:32 am

Germans up the road arrived and stopped for a chat. For their drive through France to Spain and for their arrival at the Spanish frontier, they printed off all the required forms, had tests 72 hours before they left and carried the results with them. And not a single check anywhere of anything by anyone.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4593 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:54 am

To be fair to Bojo (!! Yes, I did say that!! and I am taking tablets for it =)) ) it is the 'meeja' that turned 21 June into an 'irreversible fixed date'. All along it has (officially) been 'not earlier than'.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4594 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 am

Reported cases in Scotland appear to have sextupled in the past six weeks.

Wasn't it about six weeks that NHS Scotland started handing out test kits to all and sundry?

The infection rates in Dundee and Edinburgh look particularly bad. In March or April of last year the threshold for requiring arrivals from France and Spain to go into quaranteen was 20 per 100,000. Now Edinburgh is showing 191 per 100,000.

We'd been planning a trip to Edinburgh for shopping and lunch this week. Now canx.

In the local village flags area at half-mast for a well respected woman who died yesterday of respiratory failure. Dunno whether that was induced by Cv19, but if so, it'll be the 9th death in the past year and a half. That's in a village of less that 700 people.

Edited to add: She tested negative when admitted to hospital and then positive a few days later. I dunno what to conclude from that.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4595 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:12 am

UP, simple. Hospitals kill.
My cousin, a stroke victim, survived.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#4596 Post by k3k3 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:57 pm

A friend of mine contracted Covid in Hospital, he went in on Tuesday Covid free, left on Saturday, very ill on Monday and re-admitted, Covid positive, died on Friday.

I am still angry about it, Good Hope Hospital Sutton Coldfield.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4597 Post by ian16th » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:41 pm

Just been out to buy some booze. This for the simple reason we were running low.

The bottle store (SA Offy) was like a rugby scrum! Apparently our President is addressing us tonight and everyone is expecting another booze ban [-X

So I invested rather heavily.
Cynicism improves with age

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4598 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 pm

k3k3 wrote:A friend of mine contracted Covid in Hospital
I appreciate this is difficult for you, but do you know the vaccination status of your friend and how old was he?

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4599 Post by ian16th » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:19 pm

ian16th wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:41 pm
Just been out to buy some booze. This for the simple reason we were running low.

The bottle store (SA Offy) was like a rugby scrum! Apparently our President is addressing us tonight and everyone is expecting another booze ban [-X

So I invested rather heavily.
Not too bad, we can buy booze Mon-Thur, just not at the weekends.

Heard that a friend of a friend has a bad case of pneumonia, his Dr. wants to hospitalise him, but cannot find a hospital bed anywhere in Gauteng. (Joburg - Pretoria)
Cynicism improves with age

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#4600 Post by k3k3 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 pm
k3k3 wrote:A friend of mine contracted Covid in Hospital
I appreciate this is difficult for you, but do you know the vaccination status of your friend and how old was he?
He suffered from pulmonary fibrosis, probably as a result of working as an electrician in a coal fired power station for two years in his thirties between leaving the RN and starting at Boscombe Down, and as a result had lost a lot of weight. On 18th Jan he had a Covid vaccination, 25th Jan he went into hospital with pneumonia, he was Covid negative all the time he was in there, he left hospital on 30th Jan, on the evening of the 1st his condition deteriorated and he was re-admitted to hospital, this time he tested positive, on the 4th he was sat up, talking and eating, on the morning of the 5th he was unresponsive, the family were called, he died that evening. He was 84 years old.