Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#1921 Post by Boac » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Com'on, Chump - go and give him a big hug. it's only flu.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1922 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Cape, logic not a strong point?

idiot president of Brazil has tested positive for CV19, but CV19 does not exist therefore cannot have CV19. If he does not have CV19 it follows he does not need treatment for CV19. Take 2 paracetamol.

Problem solved. Who is next in line?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1923 Post by Woody » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:06 pm

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#1924 Post by Bob » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm

Bizzarely whilst Bolsanaro struts about telling his people everything is ok whilst their friends and family die, Drug gangs in Rio favelas are enforcing a lockdown and curfew to kerb the spread of C19
So we have serious criminals acting more responsibly than a country's leader
Mad world
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1925 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:27 pm

It's true Bob.

The World's gone 'bananas'.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1926 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:56 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:27 pm
It's true Bob.

The World's gone 'bananas'.
So Atom, would you prefer pure cocaine, vis a vis pure reason?

;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1927 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:37 am

The UK and Scottish gumments are nuts.

Three or four months ago they were exhorting the public not to wear masks in public. Wef today, in Scotland it is now compulsory to wear a mask in a shop or similar establishment. It has also been compulsory on public transport for at least a week.

When the daily death toll was in the hundreds, wearing a mask was bad. Now the daily death toll in Scotland is around zero or one, we must do what we were told not to do before. I don't understand the logic and I've seen no "science" being put forward to justify the perverse logic.

Something else which makes no sense is that the social distance required in a pub, with high humidity and little ventilation and with face to face contact in close proximity for many tens of minutes, is only a metre, while in the open air walking past someone momentarily requires at least two metres. I'd like to see any "science" behind that nuttiness.

I suspect there is no such science. I suspect it's just a money-grubbing thing which puts profit above public health.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1928 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:04 am

AIUI the 'no masks' was to allow the limited supply of masks for health workers, whereas now, 'masks' is to give (false) confidence for regeneration of the business community, even though masks are not 100% effective.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1929 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:09 am

UP wrote: wearing a mask was bad.... I don't understand the logic
I think you are confused. I am not aware that it was ever said (apart for by the Chump) that "wearing a mask was bad"? "Not necessary", probably was. The easing of lockdown has now made masks a more necessary item.

The whole 'distancing thing' is a juggling between what is viable for businesses to survive and what is ideal. I do not agree with it but I understand it.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1930 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:10 am

even though masks are not 100% effective.
- said to be 90%. Better than 0%.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1931 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:10 pm

At the beginning of the virus outbreak here in the UK there was a desperate shortage of PPE and any and every source was sought, however, there is now conjecture over whether contracts were fairly allocated:- PPE contracts questioned.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1932 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:36 pm

Anyone who slavishly follows Government advice is also a nutcase.
That isn't what 'Government' is for.

1 metre, 2 metres, mask on, no mask required etc. is a matter for personal judgement and common sense.

No Goverment diktat can replace that.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1933 Post by Woody » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:59 pm

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Capetonian

#1934 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:05 pm

The problem with that is that some people would enjoy it.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1935 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:06 pm

"You can shove that thermometer up yer ars!"

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1936 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:19 pm

I'm surprised there's not a slavering queue of bum bandits waiting outside.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#1937 Post by Bob » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:39 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:04 am
AIUI the 'no masks' was to allow the limited supply of masks for health workers, whereas now, 'masks' is to give (false) confidence for regeneration of the business community, even though masks are not 100% effective.

I think at the time anyone with half a clue realised that this was the truth of the matter, but if you cast your mind back its not what the government told you...... being allergic to honesty they told everyone it was because the science didn't warrant it and they were following scientific advice.

Allegedly some people believed them.

There is some logic that says they are of even greater use now lockdown has been eased but that doesnt negate the fact that the government especially that utter toe rag Hancock have told bare faced lies from the beginning over every aspect of the pandemic and their incompetent handling of it
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Dushan
Capt
Capt

Mask application guide

#1938 Post by Dushan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:41 pm

F6617779-38DE-4615-BAB6-649A0590D35B.jpeg
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1939 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:46 am

More dithering from the UK government, this time on face masks; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... shops.html 8-|

Here in Bots face masks or a scarf covering over your nose and mouth is compulsory in enclosed places such as shops. It really is no big deal even if it is a bit over the top here as we have had no cases of beer virus in Ngamiland. However the government have made a nationwide policy and if it stops the lurgey getting in and spreading it is worth playing the game. :D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1940 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:50 am

Some good news amidst the gloom... a staunch Scottish soul and excellent Vietnamese medical treatment...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -19-ordeal
A British pilot who spent more than two months on life support in Vietnam after contracting Covid-19 is on his way home, astounding doctors who gave him a 10% chance of survival.

Stephen Cameron, 42, was the sickest patient medics have treated during the coronavirus outbreak in the country, which has recorded no official deaths, following a fast and proactive response to the pandemic.

Little more than six weeks ago, they warned that Cameron would need a double transplant for his lungs, which were only functioning at around 10%.

But after nearly four months in hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City, including 10 weeks on a ventilator, the Vietnam Airlines pilot from Motherwell, Scotland, was discharged on Saturday and was due to fly back to the UK within hours.

“I’m overwhelmed by the generosity of the Vietnamese people, the dedication and professionalism of the doctors and nurses ... the odds say that I shouldn’t be here so I can only thank everybody here for what they’ve done,” Cameron said as he left Cho Ray hospital.

“I go home with a happy heart because I’m going home, but a sad one because I’m leaving so many people here that I’ve made friends with.”

Tran Thanh Linh, the deputy head of ICU at Cho Ray hospital, said “huge effort and energy” had gone into saving Cameron, who was given the country’s best equipment and whose case had captured the attention of everyone from doctors to government officials.

Just a few weeks after arriving in Vietnam in early February for a new role with the national carrier, Cameron spent an evening at the popular Buddha Bar in Ho Chi Minh City. He tested positive for Covid-19 days later, on 18 March.

Known as Patient 91, Cameron became the focus of huge media attention as the country’s top medical minds met to brainstorm treatment options.

The news that he would need a lung transplant was met with 59 donation offers, according to the health ministry.

But after he woke from a coma at the end of May, there were small signs of improvement – a thumbs-up sign for an attentive doctor, a trip on to the balcony to catch some sunshine and a video of him holding a Motherwell football club scarf aloft. Every step towards recovery made headlines.

Finally, on Saturday – as state media said his treatment bill had reached at least $150,000 – he was well enough to catch a special repatriation flight to London, accompanied by three doctors.

On Friday, Vietnam celebrated 85 days with no community transmission of the coronavirus.

The country has just 370 confirmed cases as of 11 July and zero deaths, but its borders remain largely shut. More than 10,000 people are currently in mandatory quarantine.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."