TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Lockup/ lockdown. How to end it?

#261 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:38 pm
Sex? Hairy Head? Are you OK?
Better than hairy palms I guess... the definition of madness being looking for hair on your palms. =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#262 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 pm

“ Better than hairy palms I guess... the definition of madness being looking for hair on your palms.”

Now I are confused, always having believed it was hairs on the soles of my feet...!

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#263 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:45 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:41 pm
Boac wrote:
Better than hairy palms I guess... the definition of madness being looking for hair on your palms. =))
...and finding them. ;))) ;)))
It's always my fault - SWMBO

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#264 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 am

4mastacker wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:45 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:41 pm
Boac wrote:
...and finding them. ;))) ;)))
:)

He kens...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#265 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:12 am

barkingmad wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 pm
“ Better than hairy palms I guess... the definition of madness being looking for hair on your palms.”

Now I are confused, always having believed it was hairs on the soles of my feet...!
barking one should always look for diamonds on the soles of her shoes... :)

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#266 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:05 am

“barking one should always look for diamonds on the soles of her shoes..”

Alas I think pursuing this hobby would result in Plod feeling my collar and my removal to a criminal court.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/upsk ... into-force

Somehow I think a plea that “I was only looking for diamonds on the soles of her shoes, m’lud,” would fall on incredulous but highly amused legal ears. ~X(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#267 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:32 am

If this is true, then the frequent utterances that “we’re only following the science” seem woefully misdirected;

“There’s a fascinating Twitter thread by Michael Senger about how the Chinese Communist Party launched a massive disinformation campaign in March urging governments around the world to impose full lockdowns. It links to plenty of evidence, such as this piece in the New York Times about how the CCP used fake Twitter accounts to amplify tweets praising China’s response to the pandemic in early March. The day after that Times article appeared, Twitter suspended more than 170,000 suspicious Chinese accounts. But according to Senger, many of these accounts remain active.

For instance, when the Governor of South Dakota refused to shut down her state, her Twitter feed filled up with thousands of abusive messages from these accounts. “By contrast, the accounts heap praise on governors who tighten lockdowns, like Dan Andrews, gov of Victoria, AUS,” writes Senger.

When Boris initially seemed to plump for herd immunity, the bots went to work, swarming his feed with messages comparing the policy to “genocide”.

And the disinformation campaign continued, focusing on different leaders each day, urging them to lock down. “Hard to think of any place more ill-suited to a total lockdown than Africa, but that’s exactly what CCP’s fake accounts demanded of South African President @CyrilRamaphosa on March 22,” Senger writes. “The next day, they got what they wanted, and Ramaphosa announced a total lockdown.”

After South Africa, it was India’s turn to be targetted. “On March 23, CCP’s army of fake accounts implored PM @PMOIndia to lock down India and order the army to ‘shoot on sight’ to enforce it,” writes Senger. “The next day, Modi announced a destructive lockdown.”

Submitted for discussion, I’m not preaching either way!

So even if our Chinese friends did NOT deliberately manufacture and release a bug which would thin out the weaker of the world population, it would appear a form of cyber verbal-virus has done the job just as effectively.

I’m not on Facebook and certainly not on Twatter, so I’ve only a vague idea how these things work,,, :-w

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#268 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:23 am

“This sketch is silly, stop it at once” would appear to be the apt response to the continuing farce;

“Earlier this month, a major study found deaths from the most common type of heart attack rose by almost 40 per cent during lockdown. The research prompted warnings that the Government’s “Stay at Home” message may have had a “devastating” impact, in deterring thousands of patients in medical crisis from seeking help. Cardiologists said that people were still having as many heart attacks, but were deciding not to go to hospital, either because they were trying to follow “stay home” messages or were afraid of picking up the virus in hospital.”

And that’s just heart attack figures, the rest will make the current Covid-1984 casualty rate look like chicken feed in the longer term. ~X(

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#269 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:24 am

Too right, Barkers.
Coronabollocks has killed 40 odd thousand. Coronabollocks reaction forecast to kill 200,000 over next 24 months.

As for the Chinky twitter feeds, I urge all of us to follow my lead in loathing these slitty-eyed, stoop to anything, yellow twats.

You'll find out soon enough how right I am.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#270 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:12 am

As I read this little snippet of stats I am mentally calculating my ‘micromorts’ before launching out into the great open spaces on my pedal bike within sight of the Pennines.

https://www.ft.com/content/176b9bbe-56c ... 0db2d8e6ff

My autolycus will sample the atmosphere and attempt to catch any stray Covids from the passing Bank Holiday Sunday fume-belching road traffic.

I will continue calculating as I pedal and pant, multi-tasking as best as I can and should I survive both the bikeride and the Covid-sniffing, eventually there’ll be another barking rant on O-N.

In the event of a prolonged radio silence, then either I’ve been mangled underneath a caravan or I’ve managed to cop a rare open-air Covid which is committing aviation in an ambient temperature of 13* Celsius.

Adieu mes amis ! !

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#271 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:29 am

It will be interesting to observe the spread of flu this winter with the wearing of face masks becoming commonplace.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#272 Post by AtomKraft » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:58 am

Not proving so easy to end the lockdown, is it?

The teachers would LOVE to go back, when it's safe to do so.....
The office workers love working from home. Easy peasy and no pesky commuting to pay for, they seem to forget that the next step will be that someone else does their work from THEIR home, in Bangalore.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#273 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:47 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:58 am
Not proving so easy to end the lockdown, is it?

The teachers would LOVE to go back, when it's safe to do so.....
The office workers love working from home. Easy peasy and no pesky commuting to pay for, they seem to forget that the next step will be that someone else does their work from THEIR home, in Bangalore.
It might be the first signs of the peasants’ (peaceful) revolt against our masters, following years of austerity and a general disregard of the electorate’s wishes.

Let’s hope it stays peaceful, but if I were PM I’d be concerned at the direction this is taking.

Lied to over Brexit, lied to over Covid-1984, lied to over Iraq 2003, lied to over immigration-to mention but a few-will all combine, as has already been discussed in MSM, to show the people have little or no trust in our leaders.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#274 Post by barkingmad » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Well if I don't die from Covid-1984 there's a good chance I'll die of boredom.

Project Fear Mk2 gets ramped up again, happy Xmas all;

" A lockdown that was brought in without precedent or planning for three weeks to ‘squash the sombrero’ and relieve peak pressure on the NHS is still going on five months later. We face a future of continued social distancing and unpredictable new restrictions that are socially debilitating and economically disastrous. Even the much-vaunted vaccine is very unlikely to do more than mitigate the impact of the illness, making it a likely false dawn for those waiting around for it.

Yet the World Health Organisation continues to call on governments to ‘do it all’ to ‘suppress, suppress, suppress’ the virus, holding up New Zealand as an ‘exemplar’. Britain, like Sweden, must reject this preposterous and nihilistic narrative. It is not possible to suppress this virus, as New Zealand is now discovering, but only to mitigate its impact while developing collective immunity and, ideally, returning to normal as quickly as possible. The measures introduced for this mitigation must be balanced against other risks and the high importance of normal, healthy living. Right now, the government does not even seem to be attempting a sensible cost-benefit analysis of its approach, working instead on the basis of a ‘reasonable worst-case scenario’ derived from discredited models. This is no way to run a country, nor a world."

Worse still, I heard that Professor Pantsdown being interviewed in all seriousness on MSM this morning resulting in my having to perform the Heinrich Himmler manoeuvre on myself as the muesli took a wrong turn! (-|

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#275 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:08 pm

BM - which talking head/heads was/were your unattributed quote/quotes from?

I think you will find that 'collective' (aka 'herd'?) immunity has been dismissed by many leading virologists as a long-term solution.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#276 Post by barkingmad » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:59 pm

boac, by way of response to your;
“BM - which talking head/heads was/were your unattributed quote/quotes from?”
I thought by now you’d have tracked down the source of the Branch Covidian output, seems you’ve lost your touch?

Maybe when you alert me to the posting in which I have allegedly stated I’m not going to catch Covid-1984 then I will consider providing my quote source, though with the continuance of Project Fear Mk2 I’m steadily losing the will to live much longer in this Dystopia...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#277 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:09 pm

BM wrote:Maybe when you alert me to the posting in which I have allegedly stated I’m not going to catch Covid-1984
I awoke with a start there, old chap. Your turn first? When did I say you have said that? I referred to your over-stated disdain for most precautions by saying "since you know you will not become infected."

"I’m steadily losing the will to live much longer in this Dystopia..." Said to be a symptom, you know.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#278 Post by barkingmad » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:05 am

Alas, bo, I don’t KNOW I’m not going to get infected, which is why I felt obliged to duck on my bikeride to avoid ingestion!

I am playing the game, not upsetting bedwetters by refusing to wear a face nappy and I don’t go round licking people and handles on public transport and sniffing other folks’ exhaled breath, cigarette smoke and vaping clouds.

I just think the lockdown mania affecting the world has lost the plot as the collateral losses some way down the line will soon become obvious with lots of hand-wringing and public inquiries which will hide the truth, very much like previous whitewashes we have had to fund and endure.

And I do wish HMG would stop claiming to be “following the science” as we all know that far too much of that ‘science’ to date has been total bollocks. :O3

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#279 Post by Nick Riviera » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:53 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:58 am
I've heard this said a lot but I don't get the logic of it. If it was better for a company to have home workers in Bangalore doing the job then it would have been done already. Would have saved the cost of an expensive office years ago. Having people working from home saves the office cost and thus makes these people cheaper and less likely to be outsourced. Or is my logic awry here?

Bob
Capt
Capt

#280 Post by Bob » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:31 am

...........Or is my logic awry here?
You are leaving out the fact that things change...new tech that makes home working more available has come to the fore due largely the pandemic and a big re-assesment is being made by companies
It might not have been a consideration to out source before the recent events and the pressure it has put on companies to adapt and accept that home work is a viable alternative.

I doubt it wil happen wholesale, but some jobs will inevtably move........we all know what the bottom line is.
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access