Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#1001 Post by boing » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:59 pm

The politicians are discovering that the siren cries of "defund the police" and allowing violence to fester are, on balance, costing them popularity. Businesses are rather slower to see the reality but other than making their advertising more colourful their main body is backing off from supporting extremism. The remnants of the movement are becoming like the hotspots that remain to be doused after a forest fire has burned itself out.

This is western culture fed by western media, because we view ourselves as so important we fail to notice that the rest of the world does not give a darn, does not even understand, what the heck we are up to. In six months Black Lives Matter will be something that most people will need to research on Wikipedia and BLM's concious attempts to foster more overt racism as a power ploy will be seen to have done more harm to racial harmony than good.

Already the extremes are moving on to climate change as the next explosive issue as the BLM fad evaporates. Expect to see claims that it is OK for poor economies and China to produce vast amounts of pollution "because they are traditionally repressed economies" while the West bankrupts itself trying to achieve the goals of cynical popularity politics.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1002 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:52 pm

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#1003 Post by Smeagol » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:12 pm

Sorry G-CPTN, I think you need to add an explanation to that.
We hates Bagginses!

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1004 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:22 pm

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1005 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm

Link corrected.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1006 Post by OFSO » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:37 pm

Thanks. I don't know how I've survived all these years without knowing that.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1007 Post by AtomKraft » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:34 am

These black dudes sure know how to moan.
I certainly wouldn't want to be black- and clearly they hate being so.

Complain to God.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1008 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am

So a middle class white should not use patois when mixing with a CARIB, but a Carib can use patois when mixing with a MCW?

Reminds me a a walk on The Rock many years ago. From some way above us came a hale: "Hey wack you got the time?"

OC Domme Sqn from RAF Finningley shouted back in impeccable English "10.30, wack." Definitely mickey taking but totally missed by the scouser above.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#1009 Post by Rossian » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:14 am

Re Scousers. In Bodo in N Norway, walking along the main drag with some groundcrew and as we passed a stunning young lass, our pet skate said "Eee I could fook you love" in his Scouse accent. The reply of " You what wack?" caught him off guard. And yes - he did.

The Ancient Mariner

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1010 Post by Woody » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:40 pm

Apparently the players and management were instructed to take the knee by Cricket South Africa on Tuesday morning, no discussion just a directive from upstairs :((

https://www.news24.com/sport/cricket/t2 ... s-20211026
When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1011 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Woody wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:40 pm
Apparently the players and management were instructed to take the knee by Cricket South Africa on Tuesday morning, no discussion just a directive from upstairs :((

https://www.news24.com/sport/cricket/t2 ... s-20211026
Idiotic ruling, yet again, such matters should be left to the individual. De Kock has shown his individuality, and walked away from such presumptuous ***** from the "powers that be!" I tend to respect him for that. The real loser in all this will be South African cricket... It is a strange strange world we live in Master Jack...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1012 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:05 pm

Rossian wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:14 am
Re Scousers. In Bodo in N Norway, walking along the main drag with some groundcrew and as we passed a stunning young lass, our pet skate said "Eee I could fook you love" in his Scouse accent. The reply of " You what wack?" caught him off guard. And yes - he did.
=))

Norway's that kind of place. One of several reasons why I love the place as much as I do.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1013 Post by tango15 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:21 am

Somewhat off-topic, but many years ago I owned a Triumph Stag. Driving through the heart of Scouseland one day with the top down, I spied a bloke clearly the worse for a few pints of Higson's, weaving on and off the pavement, trying to cross the road. I slowed down and shouted, "There's a pedestrian crossing down there!" His reply was, "Well he's having a bloody sight more luck than me!"

At school in the late 1950s, we used to sit in rough alphabetical order - probably to help the teachers remember our names. I used to sit between a Kenny Lee (Chinese) and a David Leathwood (Caribbean). Never thought anything of it really. Kenny Lee is still a friend 60 years later - lost track of David Leathwood. It's strange isn't it? You never hear the NRs who live in the Caribbean complaining about their lot...

ribrash

#1014 Post by ribrash » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am

tango15 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:21 am
Somewhat off-topic, but many years ago I owned a Triumph Stag. Driving through the heart of Scouseland one day with the top down, I spied a bloke clearly the worse for a few pints of Higson's, weaving on and off the pavement, trying to cross the road. I slowed down and shouted, "There's a pedestrian crossing down there!" His reply was, "Well he's having a bloody sight more luck than me!"

At school in the late 1950s, we used to sit in rough alphabetical order - probably to help the teachers remember our names. I used to sit between a Kenny Lee (Chinese) and a David Leathwood (Caribbean). Never thought anything of it really. Kenny Lee is still a friend 60 years later - lost track of David Leathwood. It's strange isn't it? You never hear the NRs who live in the Caribbean complaining about their lot...
As a student and at weekends I worked as an industrial cleaner at the Triumph factory at Speke were they built the Stag.It was a two skinned beast.The problem being that often pieces of bodywork did not connect properly.Hence the body had to pass through the lead booth where vast quantities of melted lead filled the gaps.I could never understand why they painted and trimmed out the car at Speke and then transported them down to the Triumph factory in Birmingham to the fit the engine.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1015 Post by tango15 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:09 am

Yes, I never understood that, either. A mate of mine worked there for a while, but he said the whole production process was heavily unionised and therefore chaotic, which helped to see off the joke that was the TR7. Loved the Stag though. I still go a bit misty-eyed when I see one today!

ribrash

#1016 Post by ribrash » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:47 am

tango15 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:09 am
Yes, I never understood that, either. A mate of mine worked there for a while, but he said the whole production process was heavily unionised and therefore chaotic, which helped to see off the joke that was the TR7. Loved the Stag though. I still go a bit misty-eyed when I see one today!
I lusted after the TR6......if I ever win the lotto.

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#1017 Post by bob2s » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Speaking of unions,a friend of my Dad's worked for the railway building carriages, just as composites were being utilised for speed of construction.Only
problem was the panels were alloy ,wood, alloy,this led to union trouble as the metal workers union was not allowed to drill holes all the way through panels.Panels had the alloy drilled by members of the metal workers union,then sent to the wood workers to drill the wood and then back to the metal
workers to finish drilling the panels.Consequently the company went broke and the contract was given to an overseas company.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#1018 Post by prospector » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 pm

Here is a black life that really does matter, a breath of fresh air.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/winsome-s ... ction-race

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1019 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:13 pm

prospector wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 pm
Here is a black life that really does matter, a breath of fresh air.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/winsome-s ... ction-race
+1
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1020 Post by boing » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:39 pm

It is a very complex situation but it would seem that the chaos created over the last few years by BLM etc has somehow raised awareness of thouroughly competent black community leaders and advanced their careers. It may be said cynically that these people are black puppets of whitey but this is not true, they are strong people recognised for their ability with sensible policies, such as Winsome, and I can only wish them well.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.