Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#41 Post by Nick Riviera » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:58 am

The pathetic figure that is Khan (what did we ever do to deserve him as Mayor of one of the world's great cities?) talks of the "uncomfortable truth" that much of the UK's wealth came from slavery. He was half right - it is a truth but is in no way uncomfortable. The UK, like all nations, has derived much wealth from its historical actions. These actions may not be acceptable in the modern world but, nonetheless, occurred. I am in no way uncomfortable with any of that. I might as well be uncomfortable with the Hundred Years War as that has as much impact on my daily life as slavery does. Racism still occurs in the modern world and it is abhorrent in all its forms. Fight that, it is something real and present that can be addressed. Slavery was abolished 200 years ago, there is nothing anyone can do to change what happened. If Khan is so troubled then let him give away all of his worldly possessions which, according to him, he has only received as a benefit from slavery in our past.

In the same vein, the Museum of London issued the following statement after removing the statue of Milligan yesterday:

"The Museum of London recognises that the monument is part of the ongoing problematic regime of white-washing history, which disregards the pain of those who are still wrestling with the remnants of the crimes Milligan committed against humanity,"

What regime of white-washing history? The only people who are trying to alter history are those that are seeking to deny what happened by removing statues. Also, who is suffering pain from wrestling with Milligan's crimes? We are talking about somebody who lived over 200 years ago. Nobody is suffering pain today from what happened then. I despair, I really do.

On another note, our Home Secretary gets some, often deserved, derision on this board. But I like what she did in The House when confronted by a shrill, Labour harridan, who she put completely back in her box:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 am

The rapid descent continues until our eardrums burst:

"Taking the Knee:

By Mike Speakman, ex Deputy Chief Constable, Policing Spokesman

4th June 2020

I frequently write in these blogs that I am ashamed of the state of modern policing. I never thought that I would see worse than rainbow laces, rainbow make up, dancing bobbies and inaction within sight of flagrant breaches of the law. I was wrong, we have reached a new low and it seems we might not yet have plumbed the depths to which our police force can sink.

Kneeling is a sign of submission and I never thought I would see British Police Officers kneel to a gang of law-breaking thugs as they did yesterday at Downing Street. It may be that this was the action of individual officers and in my view, they should be subject to disciplinary proceedings. They were not upholding the law; they were not being impartial, and they broke every rule about policing demonstrations.

However, the problem starts from the top. The Police Chiefs Council saw fit to issue the following statement yesterday morning (Wednesday 3rd, June).

“We will tackle bias, racism or discrimination wherever we find it,” the statement signed by the leaders of the National Police Chiefs’ Council, the College of Policing and the Police Superintendents’ Association “

Why did they say this? Were they not behaving in this way anyway? Why did they feel the need to own a problem generated thousands of miles away? By making this statement they created a climate where they accepted responsibility for the behaviour of an American Police Officer and thereby implied guilt on behalf of British Police Officers. Did some of this guilt rub off on the bobby on the street?

There is no British police officer who would defend the way that the American arrest was carried out. Once an individual is in your custody, you are responsible for his care. Sometimes force is needed and sometimes people do not want to submit, but once you have control of them, you have to look after them.

Of course, this problem was not started by the British Police, they have just made it worse. The death of the individual in America was a trigger to be exploited by all opposed to Trump and his administration. In America the rioters have had support and sympathy from the Democratic Party and the American media. Their failure to impeach Trump was just one of several attempts to undermine him. The current riots are just the latest.

As an aside it is interesting to see that America’s second amendment right to bear arms was instrumental in the defence of many properties. Rioters avoided properties under armed guard, and in case anyone thought the protest was really about “Black Lives” the media and protesters ignored the murder of a retired black police officer, David Dorn, who was helping a friend defend his property from looters. His black life did not matter because it did not fit the political objectives of mob, the Democratic party and the politicised media. The protests are not about black lives, they are about opposing the current administration.

It’s the same over here, the media (in particular BBC and Sky) are going out of their way to express sympathy and understanding for the mobs on the streets of London. The Labour party are also jumping on the bandwagon. They want to do everything to obstruct and discredit the government, their campaign in cooperation with the media over Cummings was their previous attempt. They are now trying to whip up opposition over this issue. I emphasise that it is not our problem and we should not own it.

There is a consistent history of foreign problems being imported into this country. One of the often-ignored by-products of uncontrolled immigration is that immigrants often bring their conflicts with them. This includes inter-tribal wars from Africa, divisions within the Islamic communities and dare I say it, Russian dissidents? These are examples of why strictly controlled immigration is essential for a stable society.

I will say one thing in defence of the British Police. They are in a very difficult position. Above all they will not want to give the mob a trigger incident like that in America. This may explain the very softy approach they have taken so far. They have to balance the need to keep public support with that of not giving excuses for more violence. The difficulty is that apparent weakness will encourage more violence from the mobs.

There is no doubt that British policing has lost its way, it is seen actively taking sides with different political groups. Something that was unimaginable twenty years ago. The police are no longer impartial. For Britain saw this when a parliamentary hustings was prevented from happening by a mob comprising of various Labour and far left activists.

ForBritain would institute a root and branch reform of the police. The current leadership would be removed. We would make police accountable to the public they serve and require strict neutrality. Their job is to enforce the law, not to decide who to support".

If the present trend continues then I can see the far-right returning to the polls in a big way-and we may not have to wait for the full parliamentary term to run it's current disastrous course. [-X

Capetonian

#43 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:35 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/george-floyd ... r-12003407

PG Tips and Yorkshire Tea, which are the second and third biggest tea brands in the UK, both offered their support of the Black Lives Matter movement in tweets on Monday.

Luckily there's still Twining's.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by om15 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:01 pm

I have never bought PG tips or Yorkshire Tea because it isn't what I drink, but thanks for the heads up, I will note what they have done.
I used to enjoy Mackays Rhubarb and Ginger Preserve until Sturgeon came along, but that has been deleted from the shopping list now.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:19 pm

More accurately, the two tea makers have said they do not support racism as I posted earlier with our favourite TV commentator. viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4694&start=1240#p238596

Not direct 'support' for BLM in my book, more a support for those opposed to racism - which I would hope is the same for all of us - no?

Perhaps you chaps should drink Earl Grey? From Wiki:
His government also saw the abolition of slavery in the British Empire, in which the government purchased slaves from their owners in 1833.
Good man. I believe Twinings make some.

Capetonian

#46 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Supporting BLM is tantamount to supporting racism as it implies that black lives matter and others don't. I find that abhorrent.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Just to place devil's advocate: other lives don't matter when black lives are in danger

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by om15 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:36 pm

Well, the obvious reaction to all this hasn't taken very long,
The Democratic Football Lads Alliance (DFLA) has called on members to protect war memorials along Whitehall from noon on Saturday. The planned action comes after Black Lives Matter activists published a list of 60 "racist statues" they want removed for "celebrating slavery".
DFLA leaders are urging members to "defend what our war heroes done for this country and their honour".
They are expected to gather by the Winston Churchill statue and the Cenotaph.

A statement posted on the Official DFLA Facebook page said: "We have had hundreds of messages in the last few days of people wanting to join us in protecting our heritage."
It continued: "The DFLA are asking all our members to meet in Whitehall on Saturday 13th June at midday to protect our war memorials.

"This is not a march nor is it a counter-protest against Black Lives Matter.
"We will be making sure the war memorials don’t get desecrated.
"Enough is enough. It’s time to defend what our war heroes done for this country and their honour.
"This is not a counter protest against Black Lives Matter this a protection mission."
Former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson has also called for counter-protests after posting a video in which he accuses police of being "soft-handed" at Black Lives Matters marches.
Several football supporters' groups are also planning further demonstrations after a number of Millwall fans spent part of yesterday guarding the statue of Churchill in Parliament Square.
Other fans from as far as Cardiff and Blackpool also descended on London and warned they were prepared to use force to prevent vandalism.
Hope Not Hate chief executive Nick Lowles said "their real objective" is simply violence.
Metropolitan Police Federation chairman Ken Marsh said: "We have got the perfect storm ahead of us this weekend, we have got planned protests and now Tommy Robinson and his agitators."
Downing Street it was down to police to decide on whether to intervene if anti-racism protesters try to pull down further statues.

Boris Johnson told his Cabinet protesters who break social distancing or attack public property or police "will face the full force of the law".
But after police in Bristol stood back to allow protesters to rip down the monument to slave trader Edward Colston, Downing Street said it was an operational decision for forces to make.
Readers will note that the MSM are using terms like "thugs" and "agitators", descriptions not previously used to describe peaceful anti white rioters.

Downing Street it was down to police to decide on whether to intervene if anti-racism protesters try to pull down further statues.

Some hope there then, people who are pulling down statues and vandalising war memorials will be protected by the police, whilst those who seek to deter them will face police action we assume.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Racist tensions are set to inflame, sadly. In the Red corner, Tommy Robinson and his football thugs

"In posts on DFLA’s Facebook page, supporters posted comments inciting violence including “come armed with machetes” and “let’s go to war, kill the scum.”

...and in the Blue corner

"Football Lads and Lasses Against Fascism (FLAF), a counter-group to the DFLA, said: “Some of the chatter coming out of far-right circles at the moment should make it very clear that we still have a serious problem with racism in this country.”

Saturday will be a good time to stay out of Whitehall. The police are going to be busy. I suspect a bit of 'kettling'

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by om15 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Is there anybody at all that didn't realise that the vapid Government and the politically driven Police permitting these black hordes to behave like this won't result in this. Khan has planned this showdown, he knows the Government will let him do as he wants and the Police is corrupt at the top, he has arranged this on his terms.

This is going to be interesting, having misjudged the Brexit Referendum and the Election results they have misjudged this situation. I dare say that Tommy Robinson and his associates will enjoy quite a lot of public support this weekend.

Capetonian

#51 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:36 pm

I dare say that Tommy Robinson and his associates will enjoy quite a lot of public support this weekend.
Unfortunately, yes. The BLM mob have played right into his hands. It is going to be ugly, and I'm glad I'm not going to be anywhere remotely near the action.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:53 pm

At the other end of the scale, some football fans do act with honest intent.

When it was reported that someone had desecrated the statue of Jackie Milburn, which was sited on Northumberland Street in Newcastle, by nicking the football at Milburn's feet, there was outrage across the city. Word was sent out by leading members of local criminal fraternities to whoever was responsible to "Put it back....the Tyne's deeper than you're tall (or words to that effect)!"

The council, rather embarrassingly, admitted it was their workers who had removed the ball for cleaning after becoming a favourite perch for the local pigeons and had failed to tell the public.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by OFSO » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Are you sure, Cape ? I thought your membership number in the DFLA was just a couple of digits ahead of mine ! See you on Horse Guards Parade, Saturday afternoon.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Why do black (and some mixed race) people take events like the killing of Floyd personally?

Do white people get upset (to the extent of rioting) when a white person is murdered by a black person and consider it to be an attack against all whites?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by FD2 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:24 pm

Three schools in New Zealand have had problems with the pupils sticking up posters after attending BLM rallies. The staff, correctly I think, have taken them down, as they believe that the kids are at school to learn stuff and pass exams and that they can engage in that sort of thing in their own time or even after they have passed those exams and left school. Also that 'all lives matter'.

The kids at St Andrew's College in Christchurch have been offered 'help' (counselling?) to see them through this traumatic time and it will be treated as a 'disciplinary matter'. The teacher involved is said to have pulled the posters off the wall and ripped them up. I suspect this is not confined to NZ but is happening around the world. When I was at school we had carefully controlled debates in front of the whole 6th Form, voted on the matter and then got on with our lessons. It seems to have started when the lids were given tacit approval to attend climate change protests.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by FD2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:56 am

There doesn't seem to be much information about what the BLM movement actually wants, apart from re-writing history. We can forget the inconvenient stuff like all the black people sold into Arab slavery by their more powerful black neighbours in Africa and the extent of slavery that exists in the world today etc. I suspect that what some of the baying mob actually want is the freedom to do whatever they please without any 'pigs' interfering. There are a lot of white people who would like that too. As ever, behind the peaceful demonstrators, there is an ugly undercurrent:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lfies.html

Of course there are occasions of racist behaviour and speech nowadays, but when I think of the casual and very real racism that existed when I was a child I know that we have come a long way towards rectifying that. I'm sure anyone over the age of 60 or 65 will remember very well those attitudes, expressions and jokes that we told so freely back then. Un-checked immigration has resulted in a fractured society and the Maybot's cutting of police numbers has left the cops unable to deal with situations like this effectively.

Perhaps there should be a large museum erected - devoted only to the slave aspects of British history - and children obliged to visit and pass exams on the subject. Excuse the sarcasm but as L.P Hartley said, "The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there." We may not be proud of it - that's the way it was - but it's not that way now.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:44 am

"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there." We may not be proud of it - that's the way it was - but it's not that way now.

+1

PP

Capetonian

#58 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:14 am

We can forget the inconvenient stuff like all the black people sold into Arab slavery by their more powerful black neighbours in Africa and the extent of slavery that exists in the world today etc.
"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there
Strangely coincidental, but I was reflecting on both these points before I looked in here.

The past cannot be changed, but we can learn from it and we can hopefully do better in future, although that has clearly not been the case everywhere, and as prime examples we have countries once run by colonial powers, some of which have progressed under local rule and others which, mostly in Africa and the ME have reverted to barbaric despotic rule and genocide.

Why are BLM protestors silent on that? Why are they only gunning for people like Cecil John Rhodes, the man who created the Rhodesian Federation, three countries which devolved into independence, with varying degrees of peace and success, until prosperous and happy Rhodesia was handed over to a bunch of savages and despots, causing death, disease, poverty, and suffering to millions?

The world was quick to condemn and eventually destroy the relatively benign, peaceful and successful, regime of Ian Smith and the Rhodesian Front?

Why did BLM or similar movements not speak out or protest against Robert Mugabe and his cohorts, why are they not doing so against the equally brutal and repressive regime of President Emmerson Mnangagwa? A regime where black people are beaten to death, tortured to death, starved to death, or simply disappear. Not just one offs, but daily. Do we hear the protests from BLM about this?

Why were there worldwide anti-apartheid protests against the South African Nationalist Government, but a not a word spoken against the evil and corrupt rule of Jacob Zuma which destroyed South Africa's economy and hope for the future?

Of course we all know the answer. Racism only matters when practised by whites against non-whites.

Nobody seems to worry about the modern day slavery and the appalling cruelty and conditions under which hundreds of thousands of people from, mainly, the Indian sub-continent, live and work and die in shitholes like Dubai. I am sure some of these BLM idiots quite happily get onto the shiny aircraft of Emirates Airlines and go on holidays to the tawdry cesspit that is called Dubai, to stay in 7* hotels kept going by what is no better than the slave labour of previous eras.

Do they protest against the cruelly divisive 'caste' and class systems in India?

They are a bunch of ignorant hypocritical self-serving attention seeking idiots and deserve only scorn, contempt, and derision.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 am

The Police lost their way a long time ago- I've no sympathy for them.
Watching them flailing about, as they attempt to follow every whim of public opinion is pathetic.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by Alisoncc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:20 am

slavetrade.jpg
slavetrade.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 283 times
The people supporting the rioting in the US (and encouraging similar actions here in Britain) don't know that the first serious debt incurred by the UK government was to buy the African slaves out of slavery nearly 200 years ago.

They also don't know that we sent the Royal Navy to halt the shipping lanes facilitating the trade, a dangerous and costly act for any nation to take at the time. 20,000 British sailors died fighting slavers.

We were the only ones who did this. Like in WW2, we stood alone against evil. If we hadn't stopped it, it would not have stopped. That's because Britain is a great country. That's why so many people want to move here, and have moved here.

We didn't pay that debt off until 2014. If you paid tax in the UK up to 2014, you literally paid to stop transatlantic slavery.

The African slaves in the American plantations were enslaved by other Africans, then sold on to Arab Muslim slave traders, who took them up the Atlantic Coast to the slave markets of North Africa (where Arab Muslim run slave markets - exclusively selling black Africans - exist to this day in what was once Libya.)

The people supporting the rioting think the ancestors of the working class white people who stopped trans Atlantic slavery - by refusing to work slave cotton and manning the Royal Navy - should pay reparations for this slave trade. No, really.

They think those white working class people have "white privilege."

They do not think the Africans that sold the slaves to the Muslim slave traders should pay reparations. Nor do they think the Muslim slavers who then sold them on to the plantation bound slave ships should pay reparations.

Britain & its Working Class white people stopped transatlantic slavery. African/Muslim slavers profited from it. Just as they do in Libya today.

I don't recall reading about any of the ancestors of the slaves canoeing across the Atlantic to liberate their enslaved African brothers at the tip of a spear.

Watching people like Diane Abbott, who have benefitted greatly from British society, whine and moan about how racist the country that built them is, boils my piss.

The woke Left thinks non white British history started with slavery 300 years ago. They are morons. There were non white Phoenicians trading for tin here 4000 years ago.

There were north African legionaries fighting alongside romanised Celts against invading bands of Angles and Saxons for centuries before the word "England" existed.

The people supporting these murderous rioters, though, think non white British history started in the 1700s. Because, with a sickening twist of irony, they are ignorant racists.
Borrowed from elsewhere.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)