#61 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 am

I learned some stuff there.....
Thanks Alison.

Capetonian

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#62 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:47 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 am
The Police lost their way a long time ago- I've no sympathy for them.
Watching them flailing about, as they attempt to follow every whim of public opinion is pathetic.
They are acting on instructions from higher up, and their powers have been emasculated. Don't aim this at the coppers on the beat, or their commanding officers, it's the political appointees at the top, like the Dick woman, who have presided over the removal of police powers to do their job properly and effectively.

I am sure most 'members of the public' would like to see full police powers restored, right down to those on the streets who face the daily dangers of policing. The politicians started the nonsense of handling vicious and violent criminals with kid gloves and taking them back to the police station for a nice cup of tea and a biscuit, and a softened judicial system which allows them to get away with a reprimand and a £10 fine and a suspended sentence for violent crime.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#63 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:58 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:51 am
Maybe people asking for the police to move away will make sure there will b no crime in those police free areas
Apparently this is what BLM wishes to achieve by their lawless actions, carried out under the guise of lawful protest carried out in defiance of a pan(dem)ic lockdown and contravening social-distancing guidelines;

https://blacklivesmatter.com/blms-whatm ... and-focus/

Look forwards to the new world folks, this is where we’re heading, aided by PC ‘woke’ politicians and police authorities.

My proposal for a statue of Robert Mugabe on the 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square has not been properly considered by Mr Khan and instead this is what is going to be erected there;

https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/ar ... linth-2020

Any London council tax payers will be pleased to know on what their hard-earned post-tax dosh is being spent.

Unless one wants to be involved in unseemly violent social-distancing ignored scuffles I also recommend staying away from the favourite statue target this weekend though right leaning parties are encouraging their members to turn out to ‘guard’ these memorials against the BLM thugs. It will be interesting to see if the Metropolitan Police will be given adequate direction and resources to prevent any further episodes of criminal damage and mob rule.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#64 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:09 am

The woke Establishment have misjudged the Country twice, firstly over the Brexit Referendum followed by the General election result, now for a third time they are oblivious to the feelings of the quiet majority as they see the immigrants openly planning to remove English culture, they just don't get it. Relying on the Prime Minister being supported by the Police to prevent this assault on their culture the people have been disappointed at the absolute lack of leadership from the Government.

There is a statue of the Scout leader Baden Powell on Poole Quay, this has been removed "for its own safety" as it is on the list of statues to be toppled.

The DFLA are attending the protests this weekend, their representatives from all major cities will be at London to ensure that no more statues are removed or defaced, due to the provocative actions by Khan and the total lack of Government control the only thing that the general population can rely on to prevent this happening is a mob of far right football hooligans, that is the most depressing fact about this situation.

Johnson has presided over this break down of law and order, senior Police Chiefs are failing in their duty and the results are that the quiet majority will be forced to support Tommy Robinson and his associates in their efforts to protect our heritage.

I hope the BBC and the Guardian are proud of themselves.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#65 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 am

Unless our useless government (sorry Nick) gets a grip, this weekend promises to be very nasty. Perhaps the only solution is to bar ALL gatherings of more than 6 people, particularly in London, and enforce it. The C19 act does not grant such powers as I understand it, but a quick emergency powers act would. It may take cancellation of all police 'leave' and probably military support on 'standby' to enforce.

If the major activists then choose to re-locate the demos there should be plenty of notice on the various 'social (sic) media'.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#66 Post by Ibbie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:14 am

BLM

What an afront from the Premier League to even suggest that players names on shirts are replaced by BLM.

When are these overpaid clowns going to wake up and smell the coffee? So, the inference is that White Lives don't?

Stop this now. Let what happened in the past stay there.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Remember Peterloo.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#67 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:23 am

Meanwhile drug dealers cycle around Islington everynight; the House at the end of Halliford St is a drug distribution centre; and the illegal Brazilian immigrant next door to us with two drug-damaged kids, all enjoying welfare, leaves her outside light on as a signal to the Somali dealer to pop by with her delivery of coke or whatever. And what do the police do ?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#68 Post by FD2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:42 am

Watching that Labour MP woman trying to give the Home Secretary a hard time and getting put in her box reminded me of this encounter between HM Schooner Pickle (Lt I.B.B. McHardy RN) and the slave ship Baladora, (or Valadora), off Cuba 6th June 1829.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/ab ... e_01.shtml

https://collections.rmg.co.uk/collectio ... 12116.html
night encounter.jpg
Gosh - that's nearly 200 years ago - it will be time to mark another anniversary in a few weeks time - a significant one in the British fight against the slave trade.

It's a later 'Pickle' than the one which carried Collingwood's dispatches from the Battle of Trafalgar to Britain.

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#69 Post by Nick Riviera » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:58 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 am
Unless our useless government (sorry Nick) gets a grip, this weekend promises to be very nasty. Perhaps the only solution is to bar ALL gatherings of more than 6 people, particularly in London, and enforce it. The C19 act does not grant such powers as I understand it, but a quick emergency powers act would. It may take cancellation of all police 'leave' and probably military support on 'standby' to enforce.

If the major activists then choose to re-locate the demos there should be plenty of notice on the various 'social (sic) media'.
Not sure why you feel the need to apologise, perhaps you are just insecure. Never mind though, there's a chance some more coppers could be injured this weekend so that will keep you happy.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#70 Post by FD2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:02 am

Another account of the encounter in which 330 surviving slaves were freed:

http://www.kyrackramer.com/2019/06/06/h ... ms-pickle/

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#71 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:34 am

it's just that I know how touchy you are, Nick.

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#72 Post by Nick Riviera » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:48 am

Not touchy at all. But I will point out complete bollocks when I read it.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#73 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:59 am

A pleasant surprise to hear the UK TV "Coast" series presenter, historian and archaeologist Neil Oliver on TalkRadio giving his take on this very dangerous road down which the UK is travelling;

It's audio relevant only, so the 'nitpickers' on this forum need not make snide comments on the host's appearance and demeanour but they might like to concentrate (yet again!) on the content and the contribution by N Oliver.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#74 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Meanwhile, back at the boxing ring, we have an imminent 'bad weekend' ahead. Any other suggestions how it should be handled?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#75 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Isn't it notable that these type of conversations and these views are aired on non Establishment media such as TalkRadio and LBC, there is no chance of the BBC or ITV hosting a two way debate.

The residents of Dorset are bemused that the accidental death of a convicted criminal under arrest in the USA has led to the removal of a statue of the Boy Scout founder from their local quay.
If for nothing else Johnson deserves sacking for permitting this mob rule and the inevitable backlash, having failed at the ballot box with Brexit and the election the hard left, and I include Starmer and the BBC in this, have gone for mob rule knowing that that politically they will get away with it.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#76 Post by probes » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:44 pm

And how on earth did it get to murdering statues?
The mad, mad, world.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#77 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:53 pm

we have an imminent 'bad weekend' ahead. Any other suggestions how it should be handled?
Let nature take it's course, this is what Khan and the hard left want, a confrontation, having failed by peaceful means they have gone for the mob method, and now another mob has joined in.
It is difficult to see what the Police and the Government will do, having dispensed with law and order by allowing the mob to wreck memorials and statues, they can hardly now invoke law and order when another mob wish to protect our heritage sites.
These black thugs are ok terrorising kids and civvies with their knives, I wonder how they will get on against some pretty hard cases who will be taking a weekend break in our lovely capital this weekend.

Edited to add this

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#78 Post by ian16th » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Have the BLM lot unconsciously set off a load of local reactions against their cause?

Jimmy Cook is quite the local hero on Teesside, across political parties.

I see that the Boy Scouts, of all people, have been roused to defend BP!
Cynicism improves with age

Capetonian

#79 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:36 pm

I am not fond of Katie Hopkins but I have to agree with her.

She seems to have toned down her shrieking delivery. Elocution lessons?

Bob
Capt
Capt

#80 Post by Bob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Seems to be spreading .............and the whiteys most certainley don't like it up em :-bd :YMPARTY:
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access