Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#81 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Nigel Farage has just been blown out of LBC, reason being thought to be his reference to BLM as the same as the Taliban. A hugely controversial figure Nigel will be missed, but I am sure that he will pop up somewhere else soon, Nick Ferrari is also in trouble for asking some black women who was slagging us off why she continues to live here.
LBC presenters are Eddie Mair ( very left), Shelia Fogati (very left) and James O Brian (very left), I expect their nationwide listeners figures to drop off quite sharply.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#82 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:41 pm

The residents of Dorset are bemused that the accidental death of a convicted criminal under arrest in the USA has led to the removal of a statue of the Boy Scout founder from their local quay.
I wonder when they’re going to notice Baden Powell Drive in Khayelitsha.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#83 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:59 pm

What are the chances that after this video of UK Plod being set upon by our NR friends goes fully viral and possibly gets shown on MSM, though I doubt it, then perhaps the cops on the street may take a different line when despatched to sort out the next riot, sorry, protest march;

Clearly we are watching a failure of leadership, from Downing Street down to the PC ‘woke’ chief constables who take the money but don’t deliver, along with the Lefty Police & Crime Commissioners, who are obviously very adept at commissioning crime.
Alas in UK we’re on the edge of a breakdown in law & order and this weekend, depending on the weather, may be the showdown between BLM and the far-right elements who are champing at the bit and know they’ll have tacit support to crack a few skulls.

Capetonian

#84 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:52 pm

I wonder when they're going to notice that the main road out to CPT airport is called 'Settlers' Way'. As far as I know, Rhodes Drive hasn't been renamed either. The local NRs possibly don't know what 'Settlers' means, and think that Rhodes Drive is just another spelling of 'Roads Drive'. Who knows?

The only reason I used to sometimes listen to LBC was Farage. No reason to listen to it now, a bunch of godamn lefties, specially that awful James O'Brian.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#85 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:11 pm

I wonder when they're going to notice that the main road out to CPT airport is called 'Settlers' Way'. As far as I know, Rhodes Drive hasn't been renamed either. The local NRs possibly don't know what 'Settlers' means, and think that Rhodes Drive is just another spelling of 'Roads Drive'. Who knows?
The V&A Waterfront might need looking at :ymdevil:

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#86 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:38 pm

Woody wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:11 pm
Leave Rhodes alone! He might have been an imperialist, but he was also a homosexual, living in homoerotic bliss with some vapid but good looking young Englishman in that cottage in Muizenburg. I see this hatred towards Rhodes as gay bashing. I think the press should be told.

https://theconversation.com/rhodes-clos ... pire-53850
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#87 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 pm

Here we are, another gem from the left

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ences.html

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#88 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:48 pm

om15 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 pm
Here we are, another gem from the left

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ences.html
You are having a Wail of a time there om15! Do you see something sinister in these leftie plots?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#89 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:58 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:38 pm
Woody wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:11 pm
Leave Rhodes alone! He might have been an imperialist, but he was also a homosexual, living in homoerotic bliss with some vapid but good looking young Englishman in that cottage in Muizenburg. I see this hatred towards Rhodes as gay bashing. I think the press should be told.

https://theconversation.com/rhodes-clos ... pire-53850
To be fair to Rhodes there is absolutely no proof that he was gay although local Cape Town innuendo (great word) has it that he indulged in "the love that dare not speak its name" in that cottage in Muizenburg. Personally I don't care if he had, metaphorically, been buggering the bursar at UCT who suggested I might benefit in a small way from his educational trust, which I did, and I am forever grateful for that. He was a man of his time, and like us all, neither good nor bad but, in his case, formidable in the grandeur of his beliefs and vision, and I was saddened when they removed his statue from his memorial on the mountain. All this crap has gone far enough... we have so many bigger issues to deal with than rewriting history and toppling statues...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#90 Post by llondel » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:33 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:58 pm
[...] He was a man of his time, and like us all, neither good nor bad but, in his case, formidable in the grandeur of his beliefs and vision, and I was saddened when they removed his statue from his memorial on the mountain. All this crap has gone far enough... we have so many bigger issues to deal with than rewriting history and toppling statues...
This is what people lose sight of. In the context of their time, their actions were acceptable. Attitudes change over time, stuff that was tolerated even a couple of decades ago is now longer considered OK. It will be interesting to see how current times are viewed from a hundred years in the future - will those who are toppling statues, renaming streets and building and trying to erase history be viewed as advancing things, or as vandals trying to destroy valuable records.

Humans have flaws, Churchill was a great man for his time when the country needed someone with his attributes, but he was in no way perfect and had some unpleasant beliefs and vices. I don't know why people were objecting to Nelson, but I've seen his name mentioned in the context too. British history is littered with all manner of unsavoury stuff, the Irish have been badly treated, and some of the colonies were under a pretty brutal regime, but out of all of that has grown the British sense of fair play and decency. You could look at some of what's happening elsewhere in the world and note that some countries are back equivalent to (for example) 18th century Britain in terms of valuing human life.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#91 Post by Woody » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 pm

By coincidence TGG I’ve just found out about this

https://www.capetownetc.com/cape-town/d ... chuur-zoo/

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#92 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Is it considered that the British Empire was a bad thing?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#93 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:31 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm
A little like the curate's egg I suspect G-CPTN... ;)))

My mother was an Irish snob and Anglophile. My father, an Afrikaner whose family lost their farms to the Empire after the second Anglo Boer war...

As you can imagine the arguments were fierce over dinner, but in their strange way they loved each other.

I suspect that the latter bit is still relevant.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#94 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:40 pm

Give them a break.
Policing is hard work.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ch ... e-n1230191

Chicago police caught on tape 'lounging,' making popcorn in congressman's office amid looting
Around 13 officers entered the office of U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush at differing times as nearby businesses were targeted by looters, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said.
Videotape shows more than a dozen officers in U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush's campaign office as protests and looting erupted in Chicago earlier this month, he revealed Thursday.
Videotape shows more than a dozen officers in U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush's campaign office as protests and looting erupted in Chicago earlier this month, he revealed Thursday.via NBC Chicago
June 11, 2020, 1:53 PM MST
By Doha Madani
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she was enraged after watching a video of police officers relaxing in a congressman’s campaign office as looting occurred in the South Side.

Illinois Rep. Bobby Rush received a call that the office had been burglarized almost two weeks ago. Security footage didn't show burglars — but about eight officers “lounging” in the office, the Democrat said in a joint press conference with the mayor on Thursday.

“They had their feet up on the desk, one was asleep on my couch in my campaign office,” Rush said. “One had his head down on his desk. One was on his cell phone. They even had the unmitigated gall to go and make coffee for themselves and to pop popcorn, my popcorn, in my microwave.”

The congressman accused the officers of relaxing while looters were “within their reach” at the shopping center where the campaign office is located. Lightfoot called the incident a “personal embarrassment” to her.

The mayor described the officers as having a “little hangout” as businesses in the south side of the city were looted and burned. Lightfoot said the officers depicted in the video showed disrespect to the badge and all officers will be identified.

"And I can tell you one thing for certain, not one of these officers will be allowed to hide behind the badge and go on and act like nothing ever happened," Lightfoot said. “Not anymore. Not in my city, not in your city.”

Around 13 officers total, including supervisors, entered the office at differing times as the shopping mall where it was located was a target for looting, Lightfoot said.

“Their conduct will confirm the perception that too many people on the South and the West Side were left to fend for themselves,” Lightfoot said. “That police don’t care if black and brown communities are looted and burned.

Chicago Police Supt. David Brown offered a personal apology to Rush during the press conference and proceeded to condemn the behavior of the officers,.

"I'm not playing with you that I mean what I say when I say we'll hold you accountable," Brown said. "Move, get out of the way, but we are going to uphold the nobility of this profession. This conduct is not representative." :-o [-X :(( ~X(

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#95 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:45 pm

PP

America deserves better police officers. To uphold the law, you can't be above it and, in truth, you have to be better, i.e. more moral and controlled, than most men.

America, both black and white deserves better than this (and that, noted above)...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#96 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:58 pm

Many "rotten apples" are beginning to turn up all over the country now. Cell phone video, surveillance video, and body cams are showing bad acts by law enforcement. I think / hope that it is by a relatively small percentage but any is too many.
The good news is that there will be no tolerance for this kind of stuff going forward and the bad actors will be weeded out.
The police reforms are welcome and needed, however the cities are going to see hefty lawsuit awards and settlements before everything settles out.

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#97 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:05 pm

PP

I am still believer, that the essence of democracy, decency and good eggness, still lucks in the American heart despite the sulfurous smell that emanates from the current lot of perambulating liars, chancers and shysters in the current US administration.

We have the same problem here in the UK but far less power than the US to **** it up for everybody, save for ourselves... :)
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#98 Post by John Hill » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:59 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm
If it were not for the Empire and Commonwealth Poms would now be speaking German.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#99 Post by boing » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:14 am

I would guess that the problem with police officers is mainly in the large urban areas. In the smaller communities where the officers are known personally to many people bad behaviour is unlikely to take place (and hopefully would not due to the sense of community). In medium sized communities you still generally have a Police Chief or Sheriff who is in direct contact with the officers and he is also well known in the community and anybody can bend his ear when they want to. In the bigger cities the seniors tend to be more involved in administration with less contact with the officers and the Union is much more powerful. And, I suppose we must acknowledge that city police probably have contact with more repeat offenders and professional criminals so the opportunity for excessive force is more common.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#100 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:31 am

JH thanks for pointing out and one can't overemphasize the significance of Poms.

boing nicely said.

PP I am concerned that as long blacks and police have a justifiable mistrust we will end up seeing those events in regularly.