A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#881 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:59 am

This is outrageous:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... scene.html

If I had ever paid for a TV licence I would stop.

They have no idea about this ***** here. In fact the way we are treated by the authorities we should start a WLM campaign.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#882 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Just looked at a Marks and Spencer advert. Shocking, no Chinese shown and doubtful if there are any Indians or Arabs either but other than that, half of the people shown were white.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#883 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:03 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:35 pm
Just looked at a Marks and Spencer advert. Shocking, no Chinese shown and doubtful if there are any Indians or Arabs either but other than that, half of the people shown were white.
And where were the Oirish, another downtrodden exploited, enslaved and starved race living in the EUSSR and elsewhere but with reflective features.

Aaaw sh1te, that one isn’t going to fly... =))

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#884 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:09 pm

Shouldn't the deaf mutes have a voice?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#885 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:06 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:09 pm
Shouldn't the deaf mutes have a voice?
They are certainly having difficulty with verbal communication reception when attempting to lipread other bipeds who are wearing face nappies.

But that doesn’t matter as long as Project Fear relies on the questionable efficacy of chin diapers and it’s suppression effect on otherwise rational human beans.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#886 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:58 pm

bm you should wear your mask with the same inscrutability and panache with which Laurence of Arabia wore his shemagh scarf in the teeth of a desert dust storm...

Both the mask and the shemagh have a great deal of utility under certain situations from viral storm to the dust analogue. If you don't want to wear a mask then don a keffiyeh (and look inscrutable)... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#887 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Her is some more 'woke' crap from the folks who first thought it up, then successfully exported the concept to the rest of the planet;

The Mail has the story about the San Francisco school district that is renaming Abraham Lincoln High School as the legendary former president didn’t show “black lives mattered to him”. Apparently, starting a civil war to end slavery wasn’t enough. The Mail has the story.

'The president, who is often held up as an American hero for abolishing slavery, is just one of 44 historical figures soon to have their names scratched off schools within the San Francisco Unified School District.

Other names include George Washington, Herbert Hoover and Senator Dianne Feinstein, whose name will be stripped from the Dianne Feinstein Elementary School for allowing the Confederate flag to fly outside City Hall back in 1984 when she was mayor. Lincoln’s sins relate primarily to his treatment of Native Americans.

“Abraham Lincoln is not seen as much of a hero at all among many American Indian Nations and Native peoples of the United States, as the majority of his policies proved to be detrimental to them,” the committee meeting notes state.
Almost no figure who held office in the past, even the recent past, is deemed pure enough by this inquisition.

All eight presidents whose names currently adorn schools in the district will soon be erased.

The decision to remove many of these is less controversial than Lincoln’s, however.

Herbert Hoover Middle School is to be renamed over the namesake’s role in redlining – the segregation of black families – when he was Secretary of Commerce.

And Roosevelt Middle School faces a rebranding over President Theodore Roosevelt’s opposition to civil rights and black suffrage.

Modern figures haven’t been spared from the cut either.

Feinstein, who was Mayor of San Francisco from 1978 to 1988 and has since served as a Democrat California Senator since 1992, will have her name removed from Dianne Feinstein Elementary because she allowed the Confederate flag to fly in front of San Francisco City Hall.

During her time as mayor, she also oversaw the eviction of the Filipino neighbourhood Manilatown and “allowed police dogs to attack Filipino veteran elders”, the committee ruled'.

Welcome to Year Zero. ~X(

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#888 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:48 pm

No doubt that will become another unwanted import into this country.

Oh...It's already happened in Brizzle.

At least our trade union leaders (can't remember if it was the dockers, miners or the seamen) were ahead of the game when, during an industrial dispute, coal was declared as 'black'.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#889 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Just been browsing a Debenham website for a sweater. The models were 50-50 white and black. The problem I find is that it is difficult to imagine wearing a sweater that looks good on a black model. Typically the sweaters are black, brown or otherwise a dull colour.

I find this colour clash common on several famous store Web pages. I wonder how sales compare. As the population is roughly 90-10 how do sales for white or black models compare? I would guess that black model sales are not level with white models.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#890 Post by barkingmad » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:41 am

Here is another disgraceful example of how much Black Lives Matter to their own people;

Kenya's black market baby trade: A mother's choice https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55250431

Sounds like slavery is alive and thriving in the ‘domestic’ market.

I wonder how long it will take for the ‘woke’ set to wake up and object to the term ‘black market’ being employed in such horrific reports?

Bob
Capt
Capt

#891 Post by Bob » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:43 pm

I downloaded the latest Flight simulator to pass some hours whilst in hiding from the hordes of infected covidiots that stroll zombie-like through the streets and shopping centres of Wales.
Now this great little game includes the option to choose a pilot figure, the percentage of black/brown skinned avatars outnumbers white ones in a ratio of about 8:2.

I guess this is what happens when software developers are under about 40 and grew up as anti-white Racists without realising it..Woke?..my arse, they are brainwashed little consumerist shits
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#892 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:53 pm

But Bob, globally that is probably correct. If you add in the native population of Europe, European Russia, throw in Australia and New Zealand, and perhaps half the US, I guess less than one billion.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#893 Post by prospector » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:42 pm

This will go down well in some quarters

https://www.rt.com/news/510216-titania- ... aign=Email

Bob
Capt
Capt

#894 Post by Bob » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:53 pm
But Bob, globally that is probably correct. If you add in the native population of Europe, European Russia, throw in Australia and New Zealand, and perhaps half the US, I guess less than one billion.

Worldwide 8:2 Ratio of Darky-to Honkey in charge of flying Machines??...you think? (where would I find such data?)

P.S. Arent the majority of, Ozzies, Kiwis, Europians White? or whiteish?, im not talking about these pilot avatars having a slight tan, they is Dark.

..Guess my colour :D

Bob
Capt
Capt

#895 Post by Bob » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:21 pm

that bloody quote button is too close the the edit

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#896 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Bob, re Yr PS, I think that is what I said?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#897 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:20 am

Bob wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:20 pm
Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Worldwide 8:2 Ratio of Darky-to Honkey in charge of flying Machines??...you think? (where would I find such data?)

P.S. Arent the majority of, Ozzies, Kiwis, Europians White? or whiteish?, im not talking about these pilot avatars having a slight tan, they is Dark.

..Guess my colour :D
We have a real problem down here. Used to have loads of white bush pilots building up hours to go and fly big jets (told them it was a ***** job). Now we have a flight school in Gabs they are churning out 200 hour NR wonders who can get a job. Immigration have now increased foreign applicants to 500 hrs. We have flown with a few of these NRs. OK some good ones but most atrocious. One girl tried to kill us twice. Fortunately I was RHS so sorted things out. A guy under instruction with a good friend of ours RHS couldn't keep straight and level. +/- 250' and 10° either side. Another one under instruction was too fast and high on the approach. Good job we have a 12,000' runway now for puddle jumpers and NR pilots. Probably still go off the end. Some of these strips in the bush are really tricky and there is going to be an accident. White lives matter.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#898 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:45 am

Bob. No idea, nor does it matter provided we are not gratuitously offending you.

Be you Welsh you might have the dark hair of a Celt or a mix of many hues.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#899 Post by barkingmad » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 am

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.4443708

How long before English Plod gets justifiably criticised for their handling of, sorry, taking the knee to, BLM protestors in contrast with their jackboot techniques at the subsequent protests and the TSG behaviour at anti-lockdown protests?!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#900 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:23 am

Today, it’s the news that the British Board of Film Classification has declared Ming the Merciless, the archvillain in Flash Gordon, to be a “discriminatory stereotype” and slapped a warning on the 1980 film that the casting of a white actor in the role could be considered “dubious if not outright offensive”. Huh – so it’s better if “discriminatory stereotypes” are played by actors of the right background? The Telegraph has the story.

To the generation that grew up watching Flash Gordon, Max von Sydow as Ming the Merciless was one of the great screen villains.

He was also a “discriminatory stereotype”, according to the British Board of Film Classification. The censor has added the warning to its rating for Flash Gordon, saying the casting of a white actor in the role could be considered “dubious if not outright offensive”.

Ming hailed from the Planet Mongo but, the BBFC said, was clearly of East Asian origin.

The organisation will conduct research in the New Year to establish if other old films contain racial stereotypes that need to be caveated for modern audiences.

In a newly-released podcast, the BBFC explained why the stereotype warning had been added.

Matt Tindall, senior policy officer, said: “Flash’s arch-nemesis, Ming the Merciless, is coded as an East Asian character due to his hair and make-up but he’s played by the Swedish actor, Max von Sydow, which I don’t think is something that would happen if this were a modern production and is something we’re also aware that viewers may find dubious, if not outright offensive.

“The character of Ming himself comes from the Flash Gordon comic strips of the 1930s and let’s just say that attitudes towards the acceptability of discriminatory racial stereotypes have moved on considerably since then, and rightly so, of course.

“While the presentation of Ming in Flash Gordon, the 1980s film, isn’t what we would consider a category-defining issue, we’re sensitive to the potential it has to cause offence. So we’ve highlighted it [to ensure] audiences are aware it’s there, and can make an informed decision about whether to watch the film themselves or to show it to their children.”

He added: “This is something we have bear in mind often when we see older films coming in for re-classification: films that might contain discriminatory depictions or stereotypes that are not acceptable to modern audiences, including films where discrimination wasn’t the work’s intent, just a reflection of the period in which it was made.

“This is an issue that we’re currently planning to explore more through research next year, speaking to the public to check that they’re happy with the ways that we’re classifying such films and the way that we classify each use of discrimination more generally.”
Nice to hear they’re thinking of checking with the public for a change, though they’re likely to regret it when they hear what the public actually thinks.

And I thought I was/is BarkingMad...