Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Institutionalised racism, again

#601 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:05 pm

American-style thuggery, in London

An officer has been suspended after footage emerged which appears to show police kneeling on a man's neck.

Video recorded in Islington, London, shows two officers holding a handcuffed suspect, who is black, on the pavement.

A second officer has been removed from operational duty after the arrest on Thursday evening.

Deputy Met Police commissioner Sir Steve House said the footage was "extremely disturbing" and had been referred to the police watchdog.

At least they didn't kill him.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#602 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:00 pm

The 'thuggery' in fact was perpetrated by the gentleman on the ground who had a long and sharp knife which he was threatening to use on passers-by and which he refused to drop when challenged. In most countries the police would have shot him....

To be pedantic, the weapon of choice of the Thug was a silk handkerchief with a ten-rupee coin stitched into one corner.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#603 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Obviously not all street Plods are equipped with Tasers and suitably trained and the ROE might restrict their use?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#604 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 pm

The knife-wielding individual has been detained and is helping police with their inquiries. I'm sure the good people of Islington can't wait until he's released back onto the streets after being given a cup of coffee and a custard cream. In the bad old days, of course, he'd have fallen down the stairs on the way to the police cells.

fin
Capt
Capt

#605 Post by fin » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 pm

The residents of NYC are getting a hard lesson in the consequences of treating criminals like victims (and vice versa at times). It is beyond my comprehension how intelligent people could vote for that slug twice.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#606 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:37 pm

We don't need American-style thuggery in our British police forces, thankyou.

We've already got a serious problem of institutionalised racism in the Met. We don't need any more.

A fish rots from the head down. The Met's chief rozzer is the one who gave the order to murder a Brazilian who looked a bit dusky. She's now a Dame. She is the one who should be in prison. She is the one who should be very careful when walking down stairs.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#607 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:55 pm

UP I like some times the Police to use a biiiit more force to teach an individual of a group a lesson and protect the community from this group. For instance we had some groups of ultra left persuasion who did enjoy burning down trolley bus - a vehicle used obviously in their mind for the ultra rich capitalist to move around. Honestly I wouldn't mind at all a cop's piece accidentally discharging against a member of the burning group. Just like Islamic groups, some people in the ultra left segment of the society, Roma or travellers enjoy a special immunity.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#608 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:05 pm

'Travellers', left wing? Surely you jest.

They are mostly extreme right wingers. Greed is is good and **** is mostly their attitude. Very very right-wing.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#609 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:24 pm

I've just received a note from a USA source detailing the purchase of a brand new Boeing 747-8 by President Zuma of South Africa. Unfortunately the pictures won't routinely copy, but this is the text. Form your own opinion.

President Zuma, is the current leader of South Africa. He has purchased the most expensive aircraft in the world for his own personal use and those of his hirelings and underlings.

BOEING 747-8 for President Jacob Zuma

Welcome aboard the custom-built plane that makes Air Force One look like the Wright Brothers' first effort.

These extraordinary images show an enormous jumbo jet that has been converted into a luxury home for ZUMA

Complete with bedrooms, multiple lounges and an onboard restaurant.

The custom-built Boeing 747 is believed to have cost South African taxpayers $400million.

Making it one of the most expensive purchases of all time.

The jumbo jet would normally carry up to 600 passengers –but this version was built for just one insane man, although he will be able to fit dozens of guests.

The level of luxury is out of this world. Of course cable television and Internet are among the perks.

No need to fight for sofa space either, just the 14 TVs dotted about the vessel.

More sleeping space is provided in the "aeroloft" on the top deck of the vessel,

with eight double beds for passengers who prefer to get some shut-eye on flights.

You know it's good when your plane has a stateroom.

then .......... Does the United States of America provide aid to South Africa? Yup- over $571,000,000!

Does Canada provide aid to South Africa? Yup - over $120,000,000!

Enough to pay for this toy, with a little ($291,000,00) in change leftover. Isn't it heartwarming to see how our "Foreign Aid" is benefiting the underprivileged of other countries?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#610 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 pm

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:24 pm
Does the United States of America provide aid to South Africa? Yup- over $571,000,000!
Most Septic "aid" tends to be conditional upon the money being spent within the US.

So, half a billion in "aid" gets given to Boeing. Kerchingg!

Food "aid" is spent on American farmers and the food is delivered en masse in such a way as to bankrupt local African farmers who can never hope to compete in the local market with "free" produce.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#611 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:21 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:05 pm

They are mostly extreme right wingers. Greed is is good and **** is mostly their attitude. Very very right-wing.
Roma Gipsies, Traveller have special privileges with the police - they are not arrested and ignored by the police and they consider their right to steal. They even claim so on national TV. Once a member or their race went in a house to practice their art - the owner good for him had a gun and eliminate one of them. So they went to the police explaining that one of that race went to steal and has gone missing in action. The house owner was arrested, let go until the trial while the local Traveler team was destroying private property around the court house are - and nothing happened. I wouldn't mid a incident with an officer weapons there.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#612 Post by OFSO » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:37 am

Man comes running towards me waving a wicked blade, I don't care what the police do to take him down. I just want him made safe and nobody - especially the officers - getting hurt.

And remember ! They have local knowledge, prior offences, history of drug use etc of which we, reading media reports, are unaware.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#613 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:25 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Could be some entertaining times ahead when Momentum, BLM and their ilk wake up to that tasty tit-bit.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#614 Post by ian16th » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:30 pm

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:24 pm
I've just received a note from a USA source detailing the purchase of a brand new Boeing 747-8 by President Zuma of South Africa. Unfortunately the pictures won't routinely copy, but this is the text. Form your own opinion.

President Zuma, is the current leader of South Africa. He has purchased the most expensive aircraft in the world for his own personal use and those of his hirelings and underlings.

BOEING 747-8 for President Jacob Zuma

Welcome aboard the custom-built plane that makes Air Force One look like the Wright Brothers' first effort.

These extraordinary images show an enormous jumbo jet that has been converted into a luxury home for ZUMA

Complete with bedrooms, multiple lounges and an onboard restaurant.

The custom-built Boeing 747 is believed to have cost South African taxpayers $400million.

Making it one of the most expensive purchases of all time.

The jumbo jet would normally carry up to 600 passengers –but this version was built for just one insane man, although he will be able to fit dozens of guests.

The level of luxury is out of this world. Of course cable television and Internet are among the perks.

No need to fight for sofa space either, just the 14 TVs dotted about the vessel.

More sleeping space is provided in the "aeroloft" on the top deck of the vessel,

with eight double beds for passengers who prefer to get some shut-eye on flights.

You know it's good when your plane has a stateroom.

then .......... Does the United States of America provide aid to South Africa? Yup- over $571,000,000!

Does Canada provide aid to South Africa? Yup - over $120,000,000!

Enough to pay for this toy, with a little ($291,000,00) in change leftover. Isn't it heartwarming to see how our "Foreign Aid" is benefiting the underprivileged of other countries?
Zuma ain't been our President for quite a while now!
He was 'eased' out of office 14 February 2018.

I'd love to see the source document of this.
Cynicism improves with age

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#615 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:37 am

I'd love to see the source document of this.
!! Interesting, " Must be True, I've Read It On The Internet " !! should have checked Snopes. Can't help with the source, I was only 1 of a multi copied BCC list, but ... did it not reflect the situation 2 years ago, and is still nonetheless relevant with regard to the true use of Foreign Aid received by "certain" individuals ostensibly for the benefit of their citizenry, albeit that this example if a bit out of date ? Zuma, Mugabe, etc. we could name a few I'm sure.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#616 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:34 pm

ExSp,I see most foreign aid, certainly in cash but also in food, as budget displacement. Instead of having to find money for food etc from your Treasury you can use their money and use your money for nuclear weapons and space research.

At least if you loan a country $5bn to buy your hardware at least it keeps your production lines open without you having to subsidise your own companies.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#617 Post by Woody » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:20 pm

We’ve been watching Hamilton the musical on Disney + channel and obviously there’s some changes in events to help the narrative, just wondering what our cousins from 30 West think about it ;)))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#618 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 pm

Received on a Gmail address I use, but the photo didn't copy. ( Elderly woman under an open umbrella ) Nice to think it might have been a true tale ?
Quote ....
THE UMBRELLA  This wonderful story moved me to share it with you.  Such a sweet and touching tale...... 

THE UMBRELLA - A TOUCHING STORY On a rainy afternoon, a group of protesters were gathered outside the grocery store handing out pamphlets on the “evils”of America. I politely declined to take one. There was an elderly woman behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined. The young protester gently put her hand on the old woman's shoulder and in a patronizing voice said, "Don't you care about the children of Iraq?" The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam  All three died so a naive, ignorant, self-centered bimbo like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country, and if you touch me again, I'll shove this umbrella up your ass and open it."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#619 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:59 am

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 pm
"Don't you care about the children of Iraq?" 
Her answer is no.

Just like this murderous bitch:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#620 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Here is a fresh off the press discussion on the statues in the UK issue and one hopes that their method of opposition will make redundant any extreme right-wing actions which are probably being formulated in a pub somewhere;

I thought the comment regarding our horror at the Saddam Hussein statue toppling behaviour arriving in the UK was particularly apposite.

BoJo and councils had better remember who elects them & therefore who pays them, apart from those politicos in the pockets of BigCorp who won’t care a sh1te what the voters think.