Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#641 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 pm

More on the previously reported white woman DiAngelo, whom I am surprised has not yet been charged with racist language or at the very least a “hate (thought) crime”!

Looks like she’s going to pour petrol on the flams of an already incendiary situation;

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/on-white-fragility

Hopefully my little spacecraft will be ready soon so’s I can return to a planet where there is at least a semblance of reality and commonsense and I can leave this madhouse behind me!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#642 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 pm
More on the previously reported white woman DiAngelo, whom I am surprised has not yet been charged with racist language or at the very least a “hate (thought) crime”!

Looks like she’s going to pour petrol on the flams of an already incendiary situation;

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/on-white-fragility

Hopefully my little spacecraft will be ready soon so’s I can return to a planet where there is at least a semblance of reality and commonsense and I can leave this madhouse behind me!
You are, partly at least, Irish. You will end up, with me, in limbo... :))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#643 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 pm

Tough decision on which thread this belongs in...this one or Corona Bollocks. ~X( :-q [-X

Woman Killed, 2 Wounded After Gunfire Erupts At Beverly Crest Mansion Party

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/th ... s-n1235755
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/us/los-a ... index.html
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/08 ... e-wounded/

PP
Or upon reflection...Darwin Awards. :ymdevil:

Note that the LAPD knew about the party so what did they do?...Directed traffic and help with parking. :((

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#644 Post by barkingmad » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 am

T G G, when we end up in Limbo, we must make an effort to enjoy the centuries we’ll be there until the end of time when, supposedly according to the parish priest, we’ll join all the others in heaven.

However, will there be dancing in Limbo...?!

I am concerned that enjoying discussions on religion such as this one may debar me permanently from the Heavenly Pastures;

However, in another discussion which I’m unable to locate, these 2 great philosophers discuss the prospect of eternity, sitting on a cloud, wearing a nightdress and playing a harp and that’s it. All that self denial, flagellation and penance just to end up in that situation. Since when I’ve not really been sold on the idea of heaven per se...... :O3

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#645 Post by boing » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:02 pm

The perversity of life and death where Heaven ultimately becomes boring but living with Alzheimer's you are meeting new, interesting, people all the time.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#646 Post by prospector » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 pm

This video shows from the start of the George Floyd saga. It was apparently blocked by the prosecutor of the case against the police in order "TO GET A CONVICTION"

https://heavy.com/news/2020/08/watch-ne ... is-arrest/

prospector
Capt
Capt

#647 Post by prospector » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:44 am

Today we read in the news that a 5 year old white child was shot in the head and killed, in front of his two young sisters, by a black man, who has no explanation for his action. There has not as yet been much of an uproar. Perhaps because the reason given by the murderers parents was that he was on drugs and hallucinating. That seems like a good enough reason for his actions. Considering all the strife that has been caused by a policeman, who after watching the whole video of his arrest, was merely doing his job, perhaps a bit over the top, but considering all the circumstances, was to my mind nowhere near as offensive offence as shooting a 5 year old child for absolutely no discernible reason.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#648 Post by llondel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:42 am

The shooting of the 5yr-old is bad, but his murderer was caught, charged and held without bail within 24 hours of the incident. In many of the cases which have generated protests, the alleged perpetrators are still walking around free without any hint of arrests and charges.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#649 Post by prospector » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:16 am

Perhaps, but my point was, George Floyd was a known drug abuser, had numerous convictions, and yet we have all these demonstrations of black lives matter. yet it would appear that the killing of a white child by a black man elicits no demonstrations at all?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#650 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:15 am

..........the killing of a white child by a black man elicits no demonstrations at all?
Horses for Courses ?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: White Working-Class Lives Don’t Matter.

#651 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:21 am

Here’s an illuminating discussion of where the majority in the UK, as well as other countries, are finding themselves this century.

Unfortunately the backlash, if/when it happens is likely to be violent and led by those whom we thought had been consigned to history’s dustbin.

Free speech is one method of non-violent resistance but even that is under threat and punishable by disproportionate action by those who should know better.

I intend to get the book and locate and read the article under discussion for further info. ~X(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#652 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:16 pm

The first short video is of the sort of madness which appears to be tolerated in the UK these days. Despite the 3,000 brand spanking new crimes written into the statute books by Bliar’s lot when in power, where is the crime which covers this obvious incitement? It must at lest count as a hate crime or hate non-crime so therefore have Humberside Police phoned this highly intelligent young lady, who has spent 8 years ‘studying’ at Oxford Uni, so she must be clever...;

Thankfully for the sake of what’s left of my sanity, it gets suitably dissected in the second video, which begs the question was the address ever shown in MSM? And if not, why not, unless they are fearful of being called the usual ‘racist’ slurs amongst other PC ‘woke’ tripe?

After that do you think we’re on the steep & slippery into chaos unless BoJo demonstrates he has some cohones and not just by siring brats around the UK to prove his Male dominance... ~X(

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#653 Post by llondel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:35 pm

prospector wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:16 am
Perhaps, but my point was, George Floyd was a known drug abuser, had numerous convictions, and yet we have all these demonstrations of black lives matter. yet it would appear that the killing of a white child by a black man elicits no demonstrations at all?
Apart from the general concept that no one should be killing small children (or anyone), what would they protest? He committed the crime, he was apprehended fairly quickly and justice, as much as it can be in such a situation, has been done. In the Floyd case, the killers were going to get away with it. In other cases they still are walking around free. Breonna Taylor was murdered in her bed by a gang of thugs who broke into her apartment and shot her. Her boyfriend was arrested and charged with attempted murder because he tried to defend himself and her in their own apartment, simply because it turns out that the thugs happened to be plain-clothes police who gave no warning. I'd ask any of the 2A supporters - if you'd been in his position, what would you have done? Charges against him were eventually dropped, but the ones who should have been charged are still walking around free.

To some extent, if you can't see the difference then you're part of the problem, and it'll happen again.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#654 Post by boing » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:57 pm

Llondel,

What are called "no knock entries" are the most stupid idea ever introduced by law enforcement in the western world. In the US the concept is that the police rush the place in order to take evidence before it can be destroyed, this leads to assaults on the wrong house or defense by a home owner because he simply does not know who is entering the house. Let's face it, a drug dealer expects an intrusion from his vicious competitors more than he does from the police so he is spring-loaded to fight.

There are multiple examples of drug dealers tipping of police about their competition to get them taken out of business.

A warrant has to be issued before a "no knock entry" can take place so part of the problem is that Judges are too eager to sign the warrant.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#655 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:12 pm

BM
"have Humberside Police phoned this highly intelligent young lady"- I would hope not. I would hope they viewed it as most sane people would as a complete and very amateurish joke. Surely you are not bothered by that (selective) filming (which 'MSM' was it broadcast on?) I missed it). How many thousand people do you thing she 'inflamed' to action? Who is actually 'tolerating' it as you put it? Watch it and chill - maybe laugh at it? It was funny. Ignore.

"not just by siring brats - insert correct word 'bastards'? - around the UK to prove his Male dominance.."

Small correction for you.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#656 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:09 pm

boac, I’m troubled that you would regard such a public performance of incitement as a “joke”?

Maybe time for you to recalibrate your values and the standards of behaviour which one regards as legal and proper versus this obvious criminal act?

If a similar performance had been staged by one of the right-wing nutters out there waiting for the chance for judicial ‘martyrdom’ just how long would it have taken UK Plod to have them in the back of the van enroute for ‘processing’ at the local nick?

But I have the awful suspicion the Plod were inhibited from taking appropriate action under the law ‘for fear of inflaming the situation’!

What part of “was the address ever shown in MSM?” do you fail to understand?

Now who owns the streets?

prospector
Capt
Capt

#657 Post by prospector » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Hondel.
"
' In the Floyd case, the killers were going to get away with it'

I would disagree with that statement, Did you watch the video from the arresting policemens camera.s? there was far more to that arrest than what was shown. The fact that the prosecutor of the case wanted those video's not shown, in fact forever hidden. till after he had a prosecution says a lot about the case that the public were not allowed to know. By not showing the arrest in its entirety was very likely the cause for the rioting and looting getting very little response from the general public.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#658 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:57 pm

And I still have the question whether the knee on the neck procedure was written on the SOP or not.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#659 Post by prospector » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:56 pm

If George Floyd had done what he was originally, and quite legally asked to do, get out of the car with his hands in sight, then he would not have ended up with a knee on his neck. The man was full of drugs, including Fentanyl. He was behind the wheel of a car, and if he had of had an accident and killed some body whilst under the influence, would he still have been the poster boy?he actively tried to resist arrest, he was complaining he could not breathe long before the knee on neck occurred.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#660 Post by llondel » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:26 am

prospector wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:28 pm
Hondel.
"
' In the Floyd case, the killers were going to get away with it'

I would disagree with that statement, Did you watch the video from the arresting policemens camera.s? there was far more to that arrest than what was shown. The fact that the prosecutor of the case wanted those video's not shown, in fact forever hidden. till after he had a prosecution says a lot about the case that the public were not allowed to know. By not showing the arrest in its entirety was very likely the cause for the rioting and looting getting very little response from the general public.
I can see that the prosecution wants to get the best case possible, although the way US media tears into cases doesn't exactly help with he fair trial thing (a shock to someone used to the UK's media blackout on all but the basic facts until the case is concluded). The issue is that it was just another in a string of cases where nothing had apparently been done and people snapped. Had they gotten used to waiting 2-3 days for evidence to be collected followed by an arrest and trial, the riots would not have occurred, at least for a few more days.

Of course, the peaceful protesters are susceptible to rent-a-mob, which always turns up looking for trouble. I can't help but think that a bit more savvy on their part would have greatly changed the perception. Either all disperse as it gets dark, leaving the mob and police to fight without innocent bystanders, or have an unspoken agreement that if somene starts smashing things up, stand aside and let the police go get them because they're clearly the ones that need getting. There was a bit of video shown on one channel where there was a woman who was clearly attempting to agitate the crowd against a police car, repeatedly trying to incite violence, but luckily there were a few in the crowd who had calmer heads and managed to make an escape route for the police car and it got out of the way without things getting ugly.