Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#21 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Great news, it will all be sorted soon when history has been properly revised by the right, sorry, left people;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52977088

I'm fairly certain that Rhodes College contains quite a few books which contain text which will have the 'woke snowflakes' weeping in distress and searching for a 'safe space'.
So let's look forwards to a paroxysm of book-burning soon and we know the where that will lead?

A K; "Get a grip you wanker!" Possibly not a good choice of words as he may enjoy it even more?! =))

Alas it gets worse;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-52976741

Welcome to the Brave New World appropriately named;

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... h/dystopia ~X(

Capetonian

#22 Post by Capetonian » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Should the statue of Nelson Mandela, that I have to look at when I walk from Waterloo Station to the North Bank, whose wife used to soak tyres in petrol before setting them on fire around the necks of her political opponents, be thrown in the river Thames by some peaceful members of the BNP, then we must expect a similarly enlightened approach from the Mayor of London.

I am sure we can all think of similar, many far more evil, personages whose graven images we would rather not see in the public eye. The question is, do you sweep history under the carpet, and if so, up to what degree? Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler, Emperor Hirohito, Benito Mussolini, Mao TseTung, Joseph Stalin? The latter was possibly the worst mass murderer of all time but there are abundant statues of him in parts of the ex-USSR.

If anyone knows where there is a statue of Robert Mugabe or Jacob Zuma please let me know, as I would like to enjoy a particularly large and pungent curry and a lot of beers before going to relieve myself copiously upon the both of them.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:48 pm

It's about time that we turned this silly protest into fact..

BLM should be called "Why don't they like us darkies?"

Now, the answer actually is- "we've got nothing against you- but don't overwhelm us by becoming the majority in our own country"

I speak as a guy married to an Indian woman.

fin
Capt
Capt

#24 Post by fin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:49 pm

It appears to me that BLM has a LOT of money to spend. I wonder where it all comes from.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:52 pm

fin wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:49 pm
It appears to me that BLM has a LOT of money to spend. I wonder where it all comes from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Liv ... er#Funding

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:33 pm

BLM is the acronym of the Bureau of Land Management, a part of the United States Depaartment of the Interior.

From the BLM website:
"The BLM was established in 1946, but its roots go back to the years after America’s independence, when the young nation began acquiring additional lands. At first, these lands were used to encourage homesteading and westward migration. The General Land Office was created in 1812 to support this national goal.

Over time, values and attitudes regarding public lands shifted, and Congress merged the GLO and another agency, the U.S. Grazing Service, creating the BLM."

The Government should assert their ownership of the acronym "BLM" and force the "movement to come up with another name / acronym. =)) :ymdevil:

PP

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by BenThere » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Seems to me the focus on police is misplaced. You can count the number of blacks killed by police in the entire US on your fingers and toes, and the ones not resisting arrest or attempting to flee the scene of the crime on one hand. You would need a few more hands and toes to count the number of police killed.

The real tragedy is that suppression of police leads to even more deaths in black neighborhoods. Removing police presence in troubled precincts will prove to be folly. The body count will rise and the 'Progressives' that are trying to make it happen will move on to other causes and not accept accountability. News coverage will move along with them and ignore the aftermath.

https://disrn.com/news/chicago-suffers- ... n-24-hours

Capetonian

#28 Post by Capetonian » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:06 pm

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-08 at 18.01.16.jpeg

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Touchy nerve there, Cape.

It's only Black lives that matter these days........

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:36 pm

I expect Oxford could get a bit "frisky" tonight. The Rhodes statue at Oriel College is the target of the mob.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by om15 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Lovely London.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan confirmed the statue had been removed on Twitter.

He said: "The statue of slave trader Robert Milligan has now been removed from West India Quay.

"It’s a sad truth that much of our wealth was derived from the slave trade - but this does not have to be celebrated in our public spaces."

Tower Hamlets Council confirmed on Twitter they have removed the statue and will be reviewing other monuments in wake of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Annotation 2020-06-09 204128.png
Annotation 2020-06-09 204128.png (132.8 KiB) Viewed 406 times

What is the Prime Minister allowing to be carried out in our country?

Seenenough

#32 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:48 pm

fin wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:49 pm
Soros ,Russia and China I would guess.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#33 Post by Dushan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Along with the statue, will the scholarship also be abolished? Will the likes of Bill Clinton, and countless others, denounce their title "Rhodes scholar"?
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

prospector
Capt
Capt

#34 Post by prospector » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:28 am

And what would happen if a white councillor called a maori a baboon??

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national ... BB15gC59?o

Capetonian

#35 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:07 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52976741
A figure of a black man's head has been removed from a pub sign amid a row over racism.
Derbyshire Dales District Council said on Monday the 18th Century iron and wood feature in Ashbourne would be "removed with immediate effect".
About 150 residents gathered to take down the figure, vowing to return it, before the council could act.
The do-gooders have set up a petition to have the head removed, meanwhile the counter-petition to keep the sign in situ, is gathering pace. It was started just a few hours after Miss Jordan's petition was launched by Shaun Redfern who said: "The Black’s Head should be kept because of the history for the town and that it should only be looked at as a reminder of what times was."

Guess which of the two petitions was mentioned on the BBC website?

Talking of Maoris, I've only ever knowingly met one, a creature I was at school with, an unpleasant and vicious bully who stank to high heaven. He was expelled for theft, bullying, and violent behaviour. I assume he is not typical, but if he was, I can understand why there is prejudice against them.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:35 am

Why don't New Zealanders publicly marching and protesting about the death of a Black man in the USA, which has no effect on their lives and about which they can do nothing to change USA behaviour, protest instead about recorded Maori brutality against women and children, sometimes resulting in death, about which they possibly could have some influence ?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by FD2 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:28 am

Speedy - that would be 'racist' of course...

No criticism is allowed in that direction, so ignore any problems and blame them on white interference by people who don't understand Maori culture.

Let's see what the new year brings, with the child support agency operating under new guidelines. I hope it's better news.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:40 am

Yes, Racism only works in one direction !

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#39 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:02 am

What about White Lives Matter? Here in Africa the whites are racially abused. A local rams into your car and it is your fault. You get bashed up by a local and the prosecution service believe his word and his lying girl friend against you. We await with interest how our court case goes with the armed robbery and GBH. The police are doing a good job but my bet is that the sentences will be light.

Speedy posts crossed. Saying the same thing.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

#40 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:33 am

Yes, Racism only works in one direction !
It can change direction though, as in ZA, however it is far more virulent and widespread now than it was before 1994.