#381 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:35 pm

prospector
Capt
Capt

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#382 Post by prospector » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:19 am

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/493505-food-ra ... aign=Email

When is the world going to come to its senses,

" When the possession of a white skin – and therefore white privilege – is treated as a form of original sin, anyone can become a target. You don’t need to say anything offensive; your very existence can be perceived as an offence."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#383 Post by boing » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:59 am

When is the world going to come to its senses,
In Seattle BLM supporters took over six blocks of the city and declared a communal something or other. A police precinct station in the area was abandoned on instructions of the Lefty Mayor who initially praised the take over. Subsequently, as with other cities, there was much talk of defunding the police force because of its inherent violence.

After two murders in the area, which was supposedly kept safe by armed community members, the Mayor decided she had to act and throw out the squatters, which, of course, involved sending in the police force which she was agreeing to defund.

The police defunding debate will be very interesting and amusing to listen to.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#384 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:59 am

How about cultural misappropriation? Can we please reserve lounge suits, shirts and ties and Pananas, blazers and flannels for Englishmen so that we can be distinguished from Johnny Foreigner? Few English chose to wear Jock or Irish skirts or blow up a bag and squeeze it.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#385 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:13 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:59 am
How about cultural misappropriation? Can we please reserve lounge suits, shirts and ties and Pananas, blazers and flannels for Englishmen so that we can be distinguished from Johnny Foreigner? Few English chose to wear Jock or Irish skirts or blow up a bag and squeeze it.
Would that be due to the English formerly practising blowing into squeeze-bags but eventually deciding it looked silly and turning to cricket or conquering other countries instead?

https://theconversation.com/bagpipe-ban ... irst-55403

Only the Irish were clever enough to invent a set of bagpipes, powered by underarm squeeze only, so’s one could play the pipes and drink a pint of Guinness whilst entertaining the pub goers. Now that’s multi-tasking for the blokes!

Oops! i’ve Just noticed a loose thread from the fabric of my bagpipe bag, gotta fix that...

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#386 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:19 am

I wonder if they would claim bag pipes and skirts came from that country between India and Afghanistan.

Or even

Some historians believe that bagpipes originate from ancient Egypt and were brought to Scotland by invading Roman Legions. Others maintain that the instrument was brought over the water by the colonising Scots tribes from Ireland.

And even earlier

Bagpipes, the iconic national musical instrument of Scotland, may have originated in India more than 3,000 years ago.

Dr Vivien Williams, a researcher from Glasgow University, has been tracing literary references to bagpipes throughout the ages to try to understand the cultural history of the instrument.

BBC Scotland's Catriona Renton reports on international bagpipe day.

===

When I visited Tamil Nadu I was surprised to find evidence of Roman trading with India so who knows.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#387 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:31 am

Thread sorted and now back to topic. Here’s an interview with a very brave woman who’s been through the wars and speaks out with courage and determination against both the nutters who profess to be ‘Islamic’ and now puts the BLM Bollocks into perspective.

The first 2 minutes of video will assure you that this is not another Diane Abbott or Dawn Butler BAME rant but a calm assessment of someone who speaks sincerely from first-hand and bitter experience;

She has also published books on the controversial topics, I just hope her security is tight and effective and that the alternative meeja do not turn against her for unconventional (2020 criterion!) views.

Incidentally I hear that certain members of the BAME community, more specifically the AMEs of the grouping, are complaining about the term and seem to want not to be included in it! Another form of racism breaking out amongst the minorities perhaps? ~X(

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#388 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:06 am

Indians most certainly do not consider themselves as MEs.

Capetonian

#389 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:54 am

Now it's 'racist' to use the conventional stereotype of Jesus being a white male.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#390 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:29 pm

In St Lucia one Christmas a garden had all the usual bling including a black Father Christmas.

Capetonian

#391 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:23 pm

I have not fact checked this but some of it seems plausible :
WHAT IF ALL THE BLACKS SUDDENLY LEFT AMERICA, WHICH IS 13.3% OF THE TOTAL U.S.POPULATION?:

Amount of people in poverty would drop - 34%

The prison population would go down by - 37%,

Welfare recipients would go down by - - - 42%

Gang members would go down by - - - - - 53%

Chlamydia cases would go down - - - - - - 54%

Homelessness would go down - - - - - - - - 57%

Syphilis would go down - - - - - - - - - - - - 58%

AIDS & HIV would go down by - - - - - - - - 65%

Gonorrhea would go down - - - - - - - - - - - 69%

Average ACT scores would go UP - - - - - - - 5.5 points.

Average IQ would go UP - - - - - - - - - - - - - 7.4 points, putting us 3rd in the world tied with Japan,

Average SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) scores would go UP almost - - - - - 100 points,

The average income for Americans would go UP over $20,000 a year,

BUT..........

DEMOCRATS WOULD LOSE 76% OF THEIR VOTING BASE!!!

And, many criminal defense attorneys would have to find another line of work!

See, Black lives Do matter!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#392 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:26 am

Here’s a good roundup of the BLM farce and covers various countries and what madness has been evident there;

Neither a “Hello There!” nor any exhortation to buy a mug, but a lively and articulate presentation of some completely mad stories from the New World of Intolerance.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#393 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:59 am

Now F1 has jumped onto the Bandwagon with LH apparently being heavy handed and perhaps irritating some of the other drivers; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... acism.html

What is it with all these sports people? 8-|
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Capetonian

#394 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:10 am

As I mentioned before, perhaps Hamilton was the victim of racism because he acted like a prick. Also, perhaps he had (has?) a chip on his shoulder.

On another topic, I can remember when our local rag (in UK) described 'suspects' as 'wearing baseball caps', as a euphemism for being black, of course that wouldn't work these days. If they were described without the adjective 'white' then by inference they woz black.

How often are people from the Indian sub continent and Muslims involved in violent crime, terrorism and political crime apart?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#395 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:43 am

Not sure about Muslims violent crime. About 60% of Albanians are Muslim.

I don't think you can combine Muslims and Indians in that statement. There are also African Muslims. There is a lot of black on black violence and black on white mugging too. Are these non Muslim?

I think many different categories of crime fall to different national groups be they Russian, Albanian, Maltese, Afro-Caribbean, etc. Indian crime is more often cerebral than violent with tax evasion probably the top. Muslim, or probably Pakistani subset of Muslims, commit sex crimes.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#396 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:04 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:29 pm
In St Lucia one Christmas a garden had all the usual bling including a black Father Christmas.
In the Neverlands, Zwarte Piet is also black.

Routine racism, as is also prevalent in what remains of Dutch South Africa.

Capetonian

#397 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:28 am

Yes, I'd not taken into account the Albanians, many of whom are violent and nasty, and I was thinking more of people from the sub-continent, whose crime as you say is more intellectual than violent.

The point I didn't make clearly is that apart from organised crime, which is mainly down to certain ethnic and national groups, random person-to-person crime seems to be the preserve of 'Afro-Caribbean' groups. Yet I have felt perfectly safe walking through areas of Paris where everyone else on the streets was black, although I'm not sure I'd have felt comfortable doing so at night. I do remember walking round a mainly black suburb of Paris (Montreuil I think) to get to a South African restaurant, and at least twice I was approached by people aksing me if i was lost and trying to help me! Certainly wouldn't try that in parts of most UK cities.

When we went to Barbados I felt completely safe everywhere, on Reggae buses, walking, even in Bridgetown in the evening, although I was told that there is a dodgy 'druggie' part. In Bermuda, I felt unsafe in Hamilton, even during the day, and as for Jamaica, I wouldn't even set foot there.

Swan Street in Bridgetown, late afternoon.
DSC01484.JPG
In NL folklore Zwarte Piet is Santa's helper, I guess he's the one that lugs the sack around. Calling that racist is an over-sensitive response to a bit of harmless fun. Politic sensitivity has overridden common sense.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#398 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:29 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:43 am
Not sure about Muslims violent crime. About 60% of Albanians are Muslim.

I don't think you can combine Muslims and Indians in that statement. There are also African Muslims. There is a lot of black on black violence and black on white mugging too. Are these non Muslim?

I think many different categories of crime fall to different national groups be they Russian, Albanian, Maltese, Afro-Caribbean, etc. Indian crime is more often cerebral than violent with tax evasion probably the top. Muslim, or probably Pakistani subset of Muslims, commit sex crimes.
I don't have data at hand but Albanian and Russian crime is easily avoidable. Just don't do dealings with them.

Capetonian

#399 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:37 am

Coincidentally, from last week's (ZA) Sunday Times :
I feel feathers for your peacocking
White people will always define racism in the kindest or vaguest way possible — but now at least they can’t cite the dictionary, writes

Sunday Times28 Jun 2020Yolisa Mkele

Afew years ago our firebrand-inchief, Julius Malema, twisted a bunch of knickers into Victoria’s Secret knots by tweeting that black people couldn’t be racist. Many members of the nonmelanated community were incensed. Malema’s tweet, to hear them tell it, was nothing short of textbook racism. So textbook, in fact, that even the dictionary would back them up. At the time Merriam-Webster defined racism as “the prejudice against someone due to the colour of their skin”.

Once displayed at all assembled parties, this definition would be the soap box on which some people would stand to pontificate about the dangers of reverse racism and how Malema needed to be stopped. The dictionary-defined meaning of racism was the teddy bear to which many people could cling to soothe their guilt, or the cudgel others could use to ward off uncomfortable accusations.

But as of this month, those people are up a well-known creek with nary a paddle in sight.

Thanks to a request from a 22-year-old university graduate, Merriam-Webster decided it was time to update its definition of racism. Now, when you Google “racism” you’ll find this on the Merriam-Webster page:

1) A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

2) a) A doctrine or political [programme] based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles, b) a political or social system founded on racism.

3) Racial prejudice or discrimination.

Conversations about what racism is and what it means have been around since before most of this country’s population were sperm cells, and the dictionary definition of the term has often been overrepresented in that debate.

It’s easy to see why. Defining racism as simply prejudice against a person or group based on the characteristics of their largest organ makes racism vague enough to be everybody’s problem. After all, we all have skin and every one of us makes decisions and judgments based on the colour of our skin. More insidiously, the previous definition of racism made it easy for white people to believe that the only way to exhibit genuine racism was to be a caricature of it.

I mean, Eugene Terre Blanche was obviously racist. Steve Hofmeyr is racist. The AWB is racist but little old Englishspeaking Charlotte, who’s worried that her son can’t get a job because BEE’s made it impossible for qualified white men to enter the workplace … she’s just voicing a concern.

There’s a reason the debate about what racism actually means is so old.

Depending which side of the fence you sit on, that reason is obvious. We experience racism differently. As the architects and primary beneficiaries of a system founded on the tenets of white supremacy, white people are always going to be the ones to define racism in the kindest or vaguest way possible. Anything less than that would be an admission of guilt on their part, and from a practical standpoint admitting guilt essentially means putting yourself at the mercy of others, in this case the people you oppressed.

Beneath all the hand wringing, virtue signalling and general peacocking about how not racist they are, there’s a thick, greasy layer of white guilt underpinned by fear. Deep in the cockles of their hearts, white people fear retribution. It’s why some people wax lyrical about moving to Australia or the UK. And it’s why the ones who can’t move away react badly to initiatives that strive towards black empowerment. Most importantly, it’s why so many were so quick to whip the dictionary definition of racism out to defend their positions. The dictionary definition was the water with which they could clean the blood off of their hands.

But honestly, dictionary definitions mean sweet bugger-all. Look at what most words literally mean versus how they’re used. “Racism” isn’t any different. Regardless of what they decide, no collection of English professors will ever be able to define the terms of their oppression to the oppressed with any kind of legitimacy. At best they can either fall in line with the zeitgeist or get left behind. Either way, racism means what the victims of racism decide it means. End of story.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#400 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:41 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:04 am
Pontius Navigator wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:29 pm

And German South West Africa