Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#1021 Post by om15 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:20 pm

I haven't heard from these nutters for a while, but here they are, popped up for Christmas. All those companies, politicians, journos, lefties who enthusiastically supported this nonsense last year must be cringing at their naivety now.

The Black Lives Matter states: “We're dreaming of a #BlackXmas. That means no spending with white companies from Black Friday until New Years Day.”

The boycott aims to apply the ideology for the whole month of December.

The group suggest three ways for its supporters to take part in Black Xmas: Build Black, Buy Black, and Bank Black.

The group is encouraging its followers to “buy exclusively from Black-owned businesses” claiming “white-supremacist-capitalism uses policing to protect profits and steal Black life.”

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1022 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:43 am

My initial reaction when reading that om15 was that it would have to be a pisstake! Surely no-one could possibly be that naive! :-o

But then again, it reminds me that every time I think that I have seen the absolute depths of Human stupidity, someone comes along and lowers the bar yet again! #-o
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1023 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:53 am

Once again Douglas Murray sez it like it is, don’t be put off by the Piers Morgan tag, he doesn’t even speak in this brilliant short clip;

Douglas +100 ! :-bd :YMAPPLAUSE:

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1024 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:33 am

Very good 100% I am tempted to start a 'white lives matter' here. Probably get thrown out.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1025 Post by tango15 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:23 am

barkingmad wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:53 am
Once again Douglas Murray sez it like it is, don’t be put off by the Piers Morgan tag, he doesn’t even speak in this brilliant short clip;

Douglas +100 ! :-bd :YMAPPLAUSE:
Get my vote, too. Imagine if you said to black people in the Caribbean, "OK, we were wrong, so we're going to ship you back to Africa..." I have had this conversation with people in the Caribbean, and they're quite happy with their lifestyle, thank you very much. We never hear about this of course, because it doesn't suit the narrative.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1026 Post by John Hill » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:27 pm

tango15 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:23 am
Imagine if you said to black people in the Caribbean, "OK, we were wrong, so we're going to ship you back to Africa..." I
That is a very poor attitude if you really are a 'rightie' you should be charging them to recover their (ancestors') fare from Africa.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1027 Post by tango15 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:55 pm

John Hill wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:27 pm
tango15 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:23 am
Imagine if you said to black people in the Caribbean, "OK, we were wrong, so we're going to ship you back to Africa..." I
That is a very poor attitude if you really are a 'rightie' you should be charging them to recover their (ancestors') fare from Africa.
:))

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1028 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:52 am

No coloured Christian or Muslim should be asking for reparations.
Even God does not punish the children beyond the fourth generation.
(Deuteronomy 5:9)
And indeed people are required not to punish the children for the sins of their parents
(Deuteronomy 24:16, Surah 35:18)

Now, find me a godless BLM advocate ...... then tell the other BLM types that they are so, and stand back ;)))

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1029 Post by John Hill » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:09 am

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:52 am
Even God does not punish the children beyond the fourth generation.
What about Cubans? What about North Koreans? What about the (take your pick)? They are being punished through the generations for disrespecting the Imperial Empire.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1030 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:30 am

Whataboutery, as ever....

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1031 Post by John Hill » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:21 am

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:30 am
Whataboutery, as ever....
Whatever, but true none the less.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1032 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:57 am

John, I've never argued with you about how the US has treated DPRK, Cuba, etc. You know I think that Yun Fat Wun having nukes is just sensible for the nation's independence.
However, it's not relevant to fixing the BLM problem.
And if you are going to demand that every other problem gets fixed at the same time, then nothing will get fixed, ever.
So, what do you think about reparations?

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1033 Post by John Hill » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:43 pm

If reparations are the answer then someone has asked the wrong question, IMHO.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1034 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:24 pm

We agree.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1035 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:54 pm

I ask the current and former aviation professionals here will they be happy to test fly, as a pilot or engineer, an aircraft designed under those new mathematics rules vomited by the ‘woke’ supposed ‘educators’ just over 2 years ago.

It is possible or indeed highly likely you may lose consciousness before completely reading and digesting the full module, but to paraphrase that wonderful UK published book from some years ago “All Must Have Prizes”!

https://equitablemath.org/wp-content/up ... TRIDE1.pdf

How will the World rotate if pi is subsequently found NOT to be 22/7 but a more inclusive figure instead?

Answers, if any, on whichever meeja you prefer, though some respondents have apparently been eating the rice grain after writing on it which is counter-productive in the learning sphere! ~X(

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1036 Post by OneHungLow » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:06 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:54 pm
I ask the current and former aviation professionals here will they be happy to test fly, as a pilot or engineer, an aircraft designed under those new mathematics rules vomited by the ‘woke’ supposed ‘educators’ just over 2 years ago.

It is possible or indeed highly likely you may lose consciousness before completely reading and digesting the full module, but to paraphrase that wonderful UK published book from some years ago “All Must Have Prizes”!

How will the World rotate if pi is subsequently found NOT to be 22/7 but a more inclusive figure instead?

Answers, if any, on whichever meeja you prefer, though some respondents have apparently been eating the rice grain after writing on it which is counter-productive in the learning sphere! ~X(

Pi is not equal to 22/7 it is approximately 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197... ad infinitum. Like you bm, Pi is an irrational number, but beautiful for all of that! =))

There is enough space in infinity for all sorts of numbers, people, whatever...
The observer of fools in military south and north...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1037 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:24 pm

:-w :-o =))
OneHungLow wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:06 pm
barkingmad wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:54 pm

Pi is not equal to 22/7 it is approximately 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197... ad infinitum. Like you bm, Pi is an irrational number, but beautiful for all of that! =))

There is enough space in infinity for all sorts of numbers, people, whatever...
Eloquent enough as always O H L, but failed at a credible attempt to answer the question!

I gather globe rotation may not be influenced by anthropogenic influence, as is sooh often inferred in relation to the "Climate Emergency", so please read the primary question on the exam paper, even though my *'large-breasted doe-eyed flaxen-haired nubile' admin secretary failed to end the question sentence with the punctuation mark '?'

See me next term in my study for extra tuition and a suitable reminder of the founding principles of the skule, if you wish to complete your studies with a passable exam mark!?

Any other volunteers for the test flight are still invited to respond with their preferences, if any.

I will watch the video of the Boeing/Airboos "Wokemaster Mk1" maiden flight from the safety of my living room, with copious quantities of popcorn and Corona beer to hand.

* quote from an early BBC comedy program long before the Trusted News Initiative and the awful "Verify" idea evacuated any sense of humour from Auntie Beeb.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1038 Post by OneHungLow » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:03 pm

I am empirical, and you are?

Well, you are you? ;)))
The observer of fools in military south and north...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1039 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:27 pm

OneHungLow wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:03 pm
I am empirical, and you are?

Well, you are you? ;)))
I have serious doubts as to who I am most days in these dysfunctional times, but I might just be a bit empirical if this definition is accepted;

"empirical"

adjective
Relying on or derived from observation or experiment.
Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment.
Guided by practical experience and not theory, especially in medicine.

As I hurtle, out of control towards my 3/4 century target, I believe I may have some experience of 'empirs' by now but I'm open to advice or even correction... :-s =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1040 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:10 pm

Now this about one of the oldest and formerly well-respected of the UK's unis;

:---"Durham University Promotes ‘Decolonisation’ of Degree Courses With a ‘Woke Toolkit’ to Remove Non-inclusive Content.
Step aside, Plato and Kant, make way for Anton Amo and Frantz Fanon! Academics at Durham University have been given a ‘Decolonising the Curriculum toolkit’ to cleanse their lessons of anything deemed insufficiently inclusive. The Mail has more.

A leading university is encouraging academics to ‘decolonise’ degree courses, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Teaching staff at Durham have access to a ‘woke toolkit’ aimed at ridding lessons of any content deemed to be insufficiently inclusive.

The material tells academics that decolonising is “essential” for a “well rounded education” and they should “re-examine their moral framework” if they view “equity as a threat”.

The ‘Decolonising the Curriculum toolkit’ offers resources for employees in the university’s business school, but can also be accessed by staff in other departments. Although not mandatory, it contains advice for subjects including anthropology, history, maths and philosophy. History courses include modules titled ‘Black British History’ and ‘History of Black Radical Thought’.

Philosophy staff are encouraged to ask why Plato or Kant are more important than African-German thinker Anton Amo or the Afro-Caribbean Frantz Fanon. The document titled ‘Decolonise Philosophy’ reads: “Philosophy and academia has purposefully excluded voices from marginalised people for years.

“To decolonise, we must discuss what it means for philosophy to be in fact colonised.

“At Durham, we must seek a philosophical education that is inclusive and wide ranging.”

And I really believed that the purpose of a university was something like this;

https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators/hi ... sity-.html

But I was wrong, so maybe I'd better enrol at uni and take a humanities course to "check my thinking". :-? :-o =))