Black Lives Matter Bollocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Black Lives Matter Bollocks

#821 Post by boing » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:53 pm

The Portland police seem to have been let off the leash somewhat, it was very satisfying to watch on live feed. The police formed a long line across a street and did not move. The protestors formed up within a few feet taunting them and carrying out provocative acts. Several rioters shone very bright LED flashlights into the eyes of the officers from as close as 3 feet while saying they hoped to blind them. This was all caught on live feed cameras operated by the rioters "Press Corp".

Finally the police told the rioters by loudspeakers to disperse to the North or West or force would be used including tear gas and impact munitions which was a significant change since our lefty Mayor had banned their use. Of course, very few of the stupid children knew where north or west were despite supposedly being local residents so the police line just started pushing them along the streets in any direction. This new more aggressive approach took the rioters by surprise and they simply ran ahead of the rapidly advancing police.

Then the fun thing happened. Having reached the next street intersection the crowd slowed but the police reformed on the other side of the group and drove them back, down the same street which they had just departed. The police were just running the crowds up and down the street like sheep. I was surprised how fit the police were because they were moving continuously and rapidly even though they were in riot gear.

Finally the rioters were demoralised, their provocateurs had abandoned the crowd long before and only the cannon fodder was left and they had no fight remaining.

The last beautiful thing you heard before the live feed shut down was an exhausted male voice saying to a police office:
"Sir, which way is West?"

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#822 Post by boing » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:57 pm

The continuing saga of Portland's hypocrisy.

Democratic Oregon Governor Kate Brown declared a state of emergency because a right-wing organisation was going to hold a rally on the outskirts of Portland. She ensured a high police presence to keep the group under control. As part of her comments she accused the group of dressing in military-style body armour. Of course, it turns out that the members of the group who could be bothered actually wore American Football armour or Skateboarding protection.
Here is a photo of some right wing group members.

antifa.jpg

Oops, sorry, my mistake, that is a photo of a proud group of antifa members, here is the correct one.

pb.JPG
pb.JPG (93.35 KiB) Viewed 633 times

A sinister bunch if I ever saw one.

And just for completeness here is a peace-loving group of anti-right wing protestors prepared to defend themselves against the evil right wing crowd shown above. You will see from the background that they have deliberately appeared at the same location as the right-wing group. I do not think they were invited.

counterprotest.jpg
counterprotest.jpg (17.66 KiB) Viewed 633 times
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#823 Post by boing » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Just to fill in a piece of the puzzle. I could not understand why the police were authorised to use tear gas and impact munitions against the rioters in downtown Portland on Saturday night. Now I have the explanation.

Included in the Governor's response to the anticipated violent protests by right wing protestors she re-authorised the use of the previously restricted anti-riot munitions by the police.

Yes, you heard that correctly. By order of both the Mayor of Portland and the Governor of Oregon teargas and rubber bullets may not be used against left-wing rioters but their use against possible right-wing rioters was approved by an emergency order. Hypocritical?? Unfortunately for her the anticipated right-wing riot and the actual left-wing riot down town were sequential so her authorisation to use the munitions applied to both. As far as I could see no such munitions were used in the down town event, the police success was due to tactics.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#824 Post by prospector » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:46 am

Why is it that BLM only when some political gain can be made.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania ... er-murders

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#825 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:08 am

Brace yourselves for some re-education as to how we got to where we are now.

I got tired of counting the number of times the word ‘important’ was used and would politely suggest that the World’s efforts to cope with life and death in October 2020 might be better directed elsewhere.

There’s a strange absence of publicity for this event on the UK pulp press front pages and the Beeb’s online news site but I suspect the e-MSM will have plenty of programs lined up to spice up our couch potato sessions in front of the TV or dozing by the trusty wireless over the next 31 days.

https://www.britannica.com/video/187559 ... ed-Kingdom

Spoiler alert, there is no address by Diane Abbott, for those of her fans who may be disappointed.

So let us all concentrate on BLM for another month and forget some of the atrocities committed by some from the African continent as in this and similar overlooked episodes in European history;

https://www.baltimore.ie/the-sack-of-baltimore

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#826 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:11 pm

I'll see your "Black History Month" and raise you "Hispanic Heritage Month".

Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
https://www.12news.com/article/news/loc ... d989ee9bd1

PP

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#827 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Email from English Heritage about this black month, they implied it is a regular event. Is it?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#828 Post by Boac » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 pm

I think in the USA it is.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#829 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Well, after one day of study, has anyone here learnt anything about slavery and oppression which was news to them?

I think we should be told... :-w

I gather those in industry and commerce, who have felt pressured into “increasing their organisation’s diversity”, are realising that even some of the BAMEs they’re hauling aboard (can I say that?) and allocating to positions, possibly ahead and/or above their ‘chalky’ counterparts, are themselves uncomfortable with the realisation they are only there due to ethnic origin and not ability...

What a mess we’re sinking into, trying to keep the peace with the revolutionaries in our midst. ~X(

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#830 Post by boing » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 pm

BM,

I have been trying to work out what these people are thinking or whether they are thinking at all.

In Portland we have now had around 110 days of events that start out as protest crowds and gradually change into official riots. Same thing every day and often the same location. The rabble turn up, listen to passionate speeches from someone with a megaphone then they start to throw bottles of frozen water, fireworks etc. at the police. Same old, same old. The police declare a riot and then move in and chase the children off the street arresting one or two who are then not charged by the District Attorney under his self created rules. The point is, what do they hope to achieve? There has been no movement to change the status quo by either side, it's all so pointless, if nobody has taken any notice of their riots for 110 days do they really think that they are going to get anyone's attention in the future?

The one thing I do notice frequently, and it is very obvious, is that as soon as the police start moving in the children start taking selfies and photos of the police approaching them. I am beginning to think that facing the police is the only excitement they have in their dull, boring lives and having the photos that they can put on social media is a way of trying to prove to the World how woke and relevant they are. They are certainly not getting anything concrete achieved.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#831 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:39 pm

boing sez: “ I have been trying to work out what these people are thinking or whether they are thinking at all.”

May I suggest the contaminated Western education establishment, whose defects we in the UK enthusiastically share, has failed miserably to teach these children objectively and to encourage them to “think”.

The result is the current ‘woke’ generation, hypnotised by their mobile devices, some of whom die under road vehicles as they stare at their screens attempting to make sense of their futile existence.

Evolution continues though Darwin is long dead! :-B

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#832 Post by boing » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:53 am

Unfortunately somewhere along the road we thwarted Darwin. We began to ensure that those who could afford it survived rather than those that deserved it so bringing us to our present state where "only the fit survive" becomes "only the rich survive".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#833 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Here is one UK supermarket whose threshold I will definitely NOT be crossing this month.

The cost of the signage and other BS which this company is incurring is supposed to increase their dividend to the shareholders, by corporate law, similar to the extra squillions of £s earned for BA by Bob Ayling’s ‘Vomit Comet’ tailfins fiasco at the end of the 90s.

However, I can’t see the Sainsbury’s horse manure marketing of BLM Month raking in the dosh;

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/10/0 ... -got-woke/

Read, enjoy and then throw up? :ymsick:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#834 Post by barkingmad » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:15 pm

Further to the 'Safe Spaces for BAMEs" in Sainsburys supermarkets story, here is a description of an excellent stunt I'd love to perform, but it would probably result in a terrorism charge, SO19 with weapons and all the panoply of our "green and peasant land";

Being half-caste Oirish I'm unsure as to where in the "Critical Race Theory" spectrum I reside. Answers on the usual postage stamp please before closing time in the contest. X(

As Martin Luther King said, too long ago for 'woke' youth to remember: "I have a dream (Yeah) [applause] that my four little children (Well) will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. (My Lord) I have a dream today. [enthusiastic applause]".

He will be spinning in his box over what is happening in this century. ~X(

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#835 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:57 am

I want to join with this alternative BLM group; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... armer.html :-bd
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#836 Post by barkingmad » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:58 am

Sounds as if BAME may not be the cohesive united organisation which is the image it would like to project?

This is a well-known but little acknowledged, by the MSM, problem which is not publicised much as it wrecks the conventional story that the whites are the baddies in the story of integration which lurches towards disintegration if the BLM are not more careful in their campaign;

'I'm Bengali, my boyfriend was black - and my mum freaked out' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54607713

Alf Garnett, eat yer heart out... :-?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#837 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:32 am

Correct.
My wife is Indian, and she'd not be happy to be called black.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#838 Post by Boac » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:06 am

BM wrote:Sounds as if BAME may not be the cohesive united organisation
- not sure 'BAME' is an 'organisation'?

I cannot see the connection between the BBC story and BLM? More like 'MLM'?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#839 Post by barkingmad » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:14 am

Boac wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:06 am
BM wrote:Sounds as if BAME may not be the cohesive united organisation
- not sure 'BAME' is an 'organisation'?

I cannot see the connection between the BBC story and BLM? More like 'MLM'?
Correct, I got my acronyms mixed up. But it’s still total bollocks.

The Torygraph front page today has 2 items on “diversity”, one from Geoff Boycott slating the Beeb for “sacrificing quality for equality’ and the other article stating it will be unlawful for UK schools to teach that “white privilege is a fact”.

Are these signs that the pendulum is definitely moving off the left stop? :-?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#840 Post by barkingmad » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Sorry folks, the pendulum has jammed as it came off the stop, so we'll have to wait a lot longer before common sense returns;

More 'woke' gobbledegook escapes into the public realm as it’s the turn of the Imperial War Museum which is reviewing Churchill’s legacy and his views on “sensitive topics” in the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests.

'Internal documents, seen by the newspaper, reveal discussions are taking place at the institution, which is home to the Churchill War Rooms complex where Britain’s wartime leader directed our country’s fight against Nazi Germany.
Senior staff called for a fresh look at “Churchill’s views” in relation to “sensitive topics” as his usually revered reputation came under scrutiny this summer as marches on Parliament Square resulted in his statue being defaced with graffiti claiming he “was a racist”.
Last night the institution said that while it is always considering “complex subject matter”, it had no current plans to reinterpret his legacy. Work is ongoing, it is understood.
Curators began discussions in the days after Churchill’s statue on Parliament Square was defaced by protesters, which was sparked by Black Lives Matter supporters marching on London.
“We must continue to have conversations around sensitive and difficult issues,” Museum staff were told in an email. “We must have conversations in which we reflect upon and examine our own biases and preconceptions.”
Other emails, obtained under freedom of information laws, show staff explicitly discuss Churchill. One said: “We should chat further about how we can look at Churchill’s views re: tackling sensitive topics too.
“This is one I’m very keen to get ahead of.”
Campaigners have criticised Churchill on topics including racism, colonialism, and his handling of the Bengal Famine which left millions dead, much to the dismay of his supporters.
The debate over the former Prime Minister’s views comes amid widespread reappraisal of Britain’s revered historical figures, including Admiral Lord Nelson, after the statue of Edward Colston was toppled in Bristol'.