Satellite data suggests coronavirus may have hit China earlier:

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Satellite data suggests coronavirus may have hit China earlier:

#1 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 am

Dramatic spikes in auto traffic around major hospitals in Wuhan last fall suggest the novel coronavirus may have been present and spreading through central China long before the outbreak was first reported to the world, according to a new Harvard Medical School study.

Using techniques similar to those employed by intelligence agencies, the research team behind the study analyzed commercial satellite imagery and "observed a dramatic increase in hospital traffic outside five major Wuhan hospitals beginning late summer and early fall 2019," according to Dr. John Brownstein, the Harvard Medical professor who led the research.

Brownstein, an ABC News contributor, said the traffic increase also "coincided with" elevated queries on a Chinese internet search for "certain symptoms that would later be determined as closely associated with the novel coronavirus."

Though Brownstein acknowledged the evidence is circumstantial, he said the study makes for an important new data point in the mystery of COVID-19's origins.

“Something was happening in October,” said Brownstein, the chief innovation officer at Boston Children’s Hospital and director of the medical center’s Computational Epidemiology Lab. “Clearly, there was some level of social disruption taking place well before what was previously identified as the start of the novel coronavirus pandemic.”
https://abcnews.go.com/International/sa ... d=71123270

Is this fake news or the real thing?
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Satellite data suggests coronavirus may have hit China earlier:

#2 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:40 am

They were probably just practising - their exercise Cygnus.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:01 am

Alisoncc wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 am
“Something was happening in October,”
Yes. There were 300 US military personnel there!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:31 am

I think this news broke some time ago, over a month? Not a lot happened apart from the Chump getting more agitato. I think Plum may have an answer.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:04 am

I’m afraid this video is not the sort of ‘chicken nugget’ for which some here would hope but on the topic of bugs, labs and malicious intent or deception it has some food for thought. (Not bat soup!).

If you can’t spare the time to dive straight in and to concentrate for nearly the hour, have a scan at the appended comments and that will give some idea of the flavour of the piece.

Enjoy the cacophony of the sparrows in the background, no probs there with wildlife!

If it has recently been targeted for censorship then one has to wonder why. It’s not exactly on the same level as one Mr D Icke? :-\

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:20 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:01 am
Alisoncc wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 am
“Something was happening in October,”
Yes. There were 300 US military personnel there!
In my experience we took our own Medics with us. So little call to have huge numbers visting the local witch doctors.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by ian16th » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:23 am

The 1st time 214 used Karachi as a tanker base we took our own MO, it didn't stop us getting dysentery.

For future visits we left the MO at Marham.
Cynicism improves with age

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:20 am

The “certain symptoms...associated with the novel Coronavirus” were alleged observed web searches regarding diarrhoea.
I don’t recall the ‘squits’ being listed as a Covid-19 symptom, but maybe I’ve been asleep for the last 3 months?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:01 am

Diarrhea commonly occurs in people with COVID-19. One studyTrusted Source published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology examined 206 patients with a mild case of COVID-19. They found 48 people had only digestive symptoms and another 69 had both digestive and respiratory symptoms.
Of the combined total of 117 people with gastric distress, 19.4 percent experienced diarrhea as their first symptom.
From:- https://www.healthline.com/health/coron ... l-symptoms

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:44 pm

I call BS on this.

The Chinese (aka those slitty eyed lieing wankers) are completely trustworthy.

They never lie about anything.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:49 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:20 am
I don’t recall the ‘squits’ being listed as a Covid-19 symptom
It most emphatically is a symptom of Covid. A very common one too.

The ACE2 receptors in the lining of the gut are the same shape and size as the ones in the mucous-lined parts of the upper respiratory tract. The virus latches onto those receptors with the same ease. Those little blobs on the end of the spikes are a perfect fit with those receptors. That's which it's such a virulent disease, massively more so than flu.

One of the ways to check whether the virus is present or absent in a population is to test the sewage effluent.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 pm

On the matter of US military medical personnel attending the Wuhan games, I do wonder if any of them came from Fort Detrick. :ymdevil:

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:26 pm

From the Beeb.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52975934
An apparent surge in traffic outside Wuhan hospitals from August 2019 may suggest the coronavirus hit the area earlier than reported, a study says.

Harvard researchers say satellite images show an increase in traffic outside five hospitals in the Chinese city from late August to December.

The traffic spike coincided with a rise in online searches for information on symptoms like "cough" and "diarrhoea".

China said the study was "ridiculous" and based on "superficial" information.

It is believed that the virus first appeared in China some time in November. Authorities reported a cluster of pneumonia cases with an unknown cause to the World Health Organization (WHO) on 31 December 2019.

"Clearly, there was some level of social disruption taking place well before what was previously identified as the start of the novel coronavirus pandemic," Dr John Brownstein, who led the research, told ABC news.
The researchers examined commercial satellite data from outside five Wuhan hospitals, comparing data from late summer and autumn 2018 to the same time period in 2019.

In one case, researchers counted 171 cars parked at one of Wuhan's largest hospitals, Tianyou Hospital in October 2018.

Satellite data from the same time in 2019 showed 285 vehicles in the same place, an increase of 67%.

A surge in online searches for words associated with the symptoms of coronavirus on the Chinese search engine Baidu seemed to emerge at the same time.

"This is all about a growing body of information pointing to something taking place in Wuhan at the time," Dr Brownstein told ABC.
Note "Late August" - well before arrival of US troops in October.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#14 Post by Bob » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:13 pm

It's bollox, as you would expect from an American University with the usual right wing commie hating agenda.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53005768
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#15 Post by Dushan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:35 am

Na American university (Harvard?) is right wing, commie hating? Have we entered an alternate universe and I haven’t noticed?
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

prospector
Capt
Capt

#16 Post by prospector » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 am

"On the matter of US military medical personnel attending the Wuhan games, I do wonder if any of them came from Fort Detrick."

There is an article that I read a week or two back, will try and find it again, that stated that one of the Americann woman in the cycling competition, was a official driver in the services, had a brother who worked in some capacity at Fort Detrick. Also a bit of perhaps relevant information was that the American team were billeted in the same Hotel? as the Iranian Team. the Greek and from memory the Italian team, all countries that were early starters of the virus. May just have been coincidental, but the way it was presented, certainly feasible.

An added fact was that the Chinese female Dr Xi ? the bat lady, from memory, had a presence in both Fort Detrick and Wuhan

Another article, for interest sake, that covers Fort Detrick

https://ahtribune.com/world/covid-19/39 ... wuhan.html

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:40 am

There was news a while back that a particular woman from FD had been identified, her name and photo published, and she was punished, found guilty, and tried in the court of media. It ruined her life.

I see from a news clip on Radio Truth about the new outbreak in Beijing that they say the virus was officially identified in December.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#18 Post by Bob » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Dushan wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:35 am
Na American university (Harvard?) is right wing, commie hating? Have we entered an alternate universe and I haven’t noticed?
Yes we have, it started some time in 2016............pay attention

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#19 Post by Dushan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:39 pm

I see. So in 2016 Harvard suddenly did a 180 and became pro-right wing, communist hating. Got it.
What else? Oceanside property for sale, in Arizona?
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Bob
Capt
Capt

#20 Post by Bob » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:19 pm

What a weird thought process, I guess its down to that merrikan thing that places the centre somewhere different to the rest of the world.