Racism

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Racism

#141 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:59 pm

To which you could add men with long untidy grey hair.

Goes for long speckled grey beards too. :))

Bob
Capt
Capt

#142 Post by Bob » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:50 pm

....don't forget ginger mingers
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#143 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm

A K said re his lovely wife: “she's delicately, but beautifully assembled.”
So was I many years ago but a RAF quack still accused me of being overweight according to his BMI tables.
I am stocky and possibly with dense bones and the odd fit muscle but do float and managed to overcome my fear of water on the face and nose and learned to swim in the jellyfish infested waters off the NornIron coast, no sea temps available except the shrinkage of appendages post immersion!

TGG said: “Let me put forward a simple proposition, is it possible that all elderly pilots have suffered brain damage due to the insidious effects of hypoxia on their brains...”.
Distinctly possible, as my posts will confirm, but the damage may be due to following the dictates of their slave masters, viz the airline rostering departments, in my case over a quarter of a century.
Though most of that was Cap371 rules which were far more sensible than the pre-EASA Belgian FTLs which I always suspected were drawn up on the back of a fag packet during a drunken Friday evening session on the ‘Westmalle’ brain solvent, agreed between the airline’s chief pilot and his Phlegm CAA FTL counterpart!
It is accepted in sleep research faculties that sleep deprivation is the most effective torture available with the added benefit of the total absence of bruises, scars and cigarette burn marks to provide evidence for Amnesty International.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#144 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:47 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:50 pm
....don't forget ginger mingers
See previous post:

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#145 Post by Boac » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm

I haven't seen one of those for many a year. Incidentally, research indicates that the word 'minge' has Australian origins.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#146 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:13 pm

These were the days.
Attachments
G-OLLY.jpg
G-OLLY.jpg (8.27 KiB) Viewed 135 times
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#147 Post by barkingmad » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 pm

Golly Gosh Ex-A ! ! Steady on there, you may have just committed a hate crime/non-crime, so standby for the phonecall from UK Plod wishing to check on your thinking...

If they can get a reliable connection to your colonial outpost of course? :))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#148 Post by barkingmad » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:39 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:51 am
Our town didn't have a swimming pool when I was a youngster, and there were probably no private houses with pools.
21st Century risk assessment and recommendations follow;

“How can I avoid the risks of drowning while swimming?

Recommendation: if you must swim, always wear a life vest, face mask and snorkel. This can interfere with swimming laps and draw comment at your local swimming club (assuming they reopen after a coronavirus vaccine is available) but your health is more important!

SER best practice: don’t swim at all. In fact, try not to go near bodies of water larger than a bathtub. Avoid hot tubs, especially if you are very short or have trouble maintaining your balance.

Pro-action: organize your fellow zero-risk activists to complain to pool operators about persons insensitive to your need for complete safety. Demand that the your health club or swimming pool have two trained lifeguards on duty at all time. Lobby local officials to fence off all ponds and lakes where people might swim unsupervised.”

And so the madness continues...