Chaos in Canada

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Canada

#41 Post by boing » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:16 pm

Strangely my gardener is probably the most down to earth and logical person I know. An odd individual, not too fast at building an absolutely symmetrical square block structure but when it comes to a dry stone wall he reads which stones fit where before he even lifts them from the ground and he reads people the same way.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:19 pm

boing wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:16 pm
he reads which stones fit where before he even lifts them from the ground
When I was trained in wall-building with what are called field-stones (ie not regular rectangular shapes) I was told that once a stone had been picked-up it should be placed somewhere in the wall and never discarded.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by llondel » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:42 pm

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:53 am
llondel wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:07 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:35 pm
Bunch of nutters in trucks... I always speak to my local truck driver to determine the best medical or virological advice, as I always refer, and defer to my window cleaner on astrophysics... =))
I ask my dog about the latest in quantum physics. She just looks at me with a condescending expression, clearly I wouldn't understand even if she told me.
Don't forget the taxi driver who knows the precise formula of all COVID vaccines plus the one from Coca Cola.
That's a bit far-fetched. I could believe he knows all the COVID vaccine formulae but not the Coca Cola one.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by boing » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:45 pm

The sage Chuang Tsu was walking through a busy market one day when he saw a figure approaching him through the crowd. The figure was quite ordinary in dress but Chuang Tsu took note of his movement and bearing, the man seemed to glide through the crowd and he walked purposefully unlike the other shambling figures. As they came to face each other Chuang Tsu said "Sir, of what art are you a master?" The man replied "Honourable Sir, I am a master of no art, only a humble shoemaker down by the river". Chuang Tsu merely said "That is enough, it is clear to me that you are a master of something".

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:06 pm

Canadian truckers, thousands of others protest vaccine mandate in Ottawa

1/6 lite? :-?

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/canad ... -in-ottawa#

OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) - Thousands of protesters gathered in Canada’s capital on Saturday to protest vaccine mandates, masks and lockdowns.

Some parked on the grounds of and urinated on the National War Memorial and danced on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, others carried signs and flags with swastikas and some used the statue of Canadian hero Terry Fox to display an anti-vaccine statement, sparking widespread condemnation.

"I am sickened to see protesters dance on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and desecrate the National War Memorial. Generations of Canadians have fought and died for our rights, including free speech, but not this. Those involved should hang their heads in shame," tweeted Gen. Wayne Eyre, Canada's Defense Staff chief.

On Sunday, police said they are investigating possible criminal charges.

Protestors compared vaccine mandates to fascism, one truck carried a Confederate flag and many carried expletive-laden signs targeting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

On Sunday, police said they are investigating possible criminal charges.

The statue of Fox, a national hero who lost a leg to bone cancer as a youngster, then set off in 1980 on a fundraising trek across Canada, was draped with a upside down Canadian flag with a sign that said "mandate freedom."

Trudeau retweeted a statement from The Terry Fox Foundation that said "Terry believed in science and gave his life to help others."

Eric Simmons, from Oshawa, Ontario, said all vaccine mandates should be ended.

"They’re not effective, they’re not working. It’s not changing anything. We can’t keep living like this. People are losing their jobs because they don’t want to get the vaccine," Simmons said.

The convoy of truckers and others prompted police to prepare for the possibility of violence and warn residents to avoid downtown. A top Parliament security official advised lawmakers to lock their doors amid reports their private homes may be targeted.

Trudeau has said Canadians are not represented by this "very troubling, small but very vocal minority of Canadians who are lashing out at science, at government, at society, at mandates and public health advice.″

The prime minister's itinerary for the day usually says he is in Ottawa if he's at home, but on Saturday it said "National Capital Region" amid a report he's been moved to an undisclosed location. One of Trudeau's kids has COVID-19 and the prime minister has been isolating and working remotely.

Canada has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world and the premier of the province of Quebec who is proposing to tax the unvaccinated is popular.

Some are, in part, protesting a new rule that took effect Jan. 15 requiring truckers entering Canada be fully immunized against the coronavirus. The United States has imposed the same requirement on truckers entering that country.

The Canadian Trucking Alliance said a great number of the protesters have no connection to the trucking industry, adding they have a separate agenda to push. The alliance notes the vast majority of drivers are vaccinated.

The organizers of the protest have called for the forceful elimination of all COVID-19 restrictions and vaccine mandates and some called for the removal of Trudeau.

The Shepherds of Good Hope, which has a soup kitchen for the homeless in Ottawa, reported staff and volunteers "experienced harassment from convoy protestors seeking meals from our soup kitchen. The individuals were given means to defuse the conflict."

Some opposition Canadian Conservative lawmakers served coffee to the protesters. Conservative party leader Erin O'Toole met with some truckers. The protest has also attracted support from former U.S. President Donald Trump and some Fox News personalities.

"We want those great Canadian truckers to know that we are with them all the way," Trump said at a rally in Conroe, Texas. "They are doing more to defend American freedom than our leaders by far."

Former U.S. Ambassador to Canada Bruce Heyman said the threat against democracy isn’t only happening in America.

"Both the use of the swastika and the confederate flag are symbols of hate. So very sad to see these symbols anywhere and especially in Canada," said Heyman, who was the U.S. envoy under former President Barack Obama.

The Parliamentary Protective Service expects as many as 10,000 protesters as part of a weekend-long rally.

"I’m locked into my own country right now," said Tom Pappin, an unvaccinated man who came from just outside Ottawa. "I can’t go on a holiday. I can’t go to a restaurant, I can’t go bowling. I can’t go to a movie. You know, these are things that it’s just gotten out of control."

The 52-year-old said attendees are likely to stay parked by Parliament until vaccine mandates are lifted.

PP

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:20 pm

So feck you Justin Turd’eau, which I presume loosely translates as “watery shite”! ! !

Some very reassuring sights from Ottawa this evening UK time, not on MSM of course but YouTube streamed and hopefully this will be the first of the World ‘leaders’ to fall/jump heavily from their ivory tower.

The prospect of a Caucecsu-style ending awaits an awful lot of prominent and well-known players of this scam and I for one will not be sorry to see their demise as the collateral damage is finally assessed.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by Woody » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:39 pm

Some of their spelling isn’t great, not to mention the dodgy ideology ~X(
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by OFSO » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:02 pm

My second ex-wife was Canadian. Nothing much about that country surprises me since then, good and bad.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:47 pm

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tests positive for Covid-19

Irony? :-? :ymdevil:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/americas ... index.html

Ottawa (CNN)Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has tested positive for Covid-19, he announced Monday, as his nation continues to face a surge in cases due to the Omicron variant, as well as rowdy protests in the capital over pandemic health restrictions.

"This morning, I tested positive for COVID-19," tweeted Trudeau, who is fully vaccinated and boosted. "I'm feeling fine -- and I'll continue to work remotely this week while following public health guidelines. Everyone, please get vaccinated and get boosted."

Trudeau and his family have been isolating for days after announcing an exposure to Covid-19. At least one of his three school-age children also has tested positive, according to the Prime Minister's office. Trudeau did not disclose how he was exposed. He met in person Wednesday with several members of his Cabinet.
The Trudeau family has been relocated to an undisclosed location as a precaution as protests continue in Ottawa by those opposing Covid-19 health restrictions. The events began as a protest by truckers opposed to vaccine requirements and gained followers calling for an end to other Covid-19 mandates.
Canada has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, with about 4 in every 5 Canadians fully vaccinated, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
Trudeau warned Canadians this month to "hunker down" for winter.
"The strain on the health care system is tremendous, and as much as we can do, all of us, individually, collectively, to decrease the pressure on the hospital system, our exhausted health care workers on the front line, I think that's really what we need to be focusing on," Dr. Howard Njoo, Canada's deputy chief public health officer, said.
The Prime Minister had not previously reported contracting Covid-19 during the pandemic, though his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, tested positive for the virus in March 2020.

PP

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by boing » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Excuse me for commenting because someone will be along shortly to accuse me of lying again.

"Rowdy"? Certainly there has been much blowing of horns and some suspect individual behaviour but I have not seen reports of rowdy group behaviour from the truckers.

adjective
Disorderly; rough, rough and disorderly, riotous or just boisterous, disturbing the public peace, loud and rough.

CNN was quite happy to consider masked rioters setting fire to buildings, breaking windows and throwing Molotov Cocktails in Portland, OR, did not constitute rowdy behaviour. Bias anyone? Possibly all truckers are by definition rowdy because they are not with the intellectual political class? You know, those rough people with dirty oily hands and that sort of thing doing the sort of jobs the elite leave to the lower classes.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by barkingmad » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:50 pm

Overheard conversation in the Branch Covidians' armoury, post-practice on the range:-

"I smell more contrived ***** where Turdeau is concerned. He shot himself in the foot to begin with by stating that his LFT was negative but because he’d been “exposed” he had to run away and hide like a big girl’s blouse, just at the exact time the thousands of truckers were due to pay him a visit.
He then realised that he made a faux pas by telling the truth about his test result, when nobody would have been any the wiser, so he’s now back-tracked and has resorted to the ***** that another test is “positive”, so he can buy more time for himself in his hidey hole while he waits for somebody else to fight his battles for him.
So now the original BS is looking even more **** if you ask me. His tactics are as pathetic as they are transparent.
Anyone with an I.Q above their shoe size can see the Turdeau tactics at play here.
He’s just a massive spineless douchebag of the first order and does not deserve one iota of respect, especially after proudly declaring he’s been triple jabbed, so any patriotic, decent, selfless Canadian should follow his example then!! Remind me, what was the point in bullying and blackmailing people to get jabbed if they’re only gonna get Covid anyway..??"

Obviously not a fan of Mr Turd'eau then so he can't count on his vote. What is it going to be like for the turd when he finally emerges into the public spotlight? I imagine it will be somewhat tense for a while. :))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by Boac » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:31 pm

My second ex-wife was Canadian.
You on your turd or more?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:37 pm

boing wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:19 pm
Excuse me for commenting because someone will be along shortly to accuse me of lying again.

"Rowdy"? Certainly there has been much blowing of horns and some suspect individual behaviour but I have not seen reports of rowdy group behaviour from the truckers.

adjective
Disorderly; rough, rough and disorderly, riotous or just boisterous, disturbing the public peace, loud and rough.

CNN was quite happy to consider masked rioters setting fire to buildings, breaking windows and throwing Molotov Cocktails in Portland, OR, did not constitute rowdy behaviour. Bias anyone? Possibly all truckers are by definition rowdy because they are not with the intellectual political class? You know, those rough people with dirty oily hands and that sort of thing doing the sort of jobs the elite leave to the lower classes.

Stand on the devil's tail if you must!

So you don't think the people, part of the convoy demonstrations, who desecrated the tomb of the forgotten soldier were, perhaps, rowdy, or part of a rabble then? More dissembling expected from you boing, but I put it to you that you must try harder to swing your moral compass and attempt to find rectitude and direction in an immoral world!

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/top-canadian- ... -1.5760168

And pray, point me to any post of mine where I supported criminal action by an group. You presume too much Sir. I do however support the right to protest, even by the ignorant, whatever their political persuasion.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by boing » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:14 pm

If I was interred under a war memorial dedicated as a memorial to the fight to maintain national freedom I would welcome every single person dedicated to freedom to climb as high as they could on my monument so that they could raise their flags more prominently, I would say pee on me if you have to, worse has happened to me to get here, by the way bring a couple of beers and pour them down the cracks in case some trickles down to me. Foot marks on granite are better than foot marks on necks.

Yes I would say, when times are normal I enjoy the peace and I enjoy the ceremonies and the formality but this is war, war for freedom, and I know war, there is nothing you can do to me that will remove my honour and I am with you even under these tons of granite. Giving you a better platform is the least I can do.

But then I Boing am an outdated fossil watching slimy politicians and their dupes suffocate the freedoms I thought I defended.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by barkingmad » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:04 pm

Boing + 1 to you for that!

I was thinking exactly the same about the poor unfortunate unknown soldier in the tomb and came to the same conclusion, he'd probably be saying "go for it mate, it's not for the Turd'eau fascist mandating state that me and my colleagues died in WW1 & WW2 but a for state in which you have autonomy over your own body and cannot be forced into experimental medical procedures as per WW2!"

I'm not into defacing or disrespecting memorials but the difference in howling outrage over the Ottawa incident versus the Colston statue destruction in the UK and other "untouchable" BLM sponsored offences is palpable and hypocritical.

The poor deluded 40% will use any excuse to rail against the dissenting 'vaccine hesitant' pestilence-spreading unclean as the obedient submissive are partly fuelled by the rage and fear they experience having been totally taken in by the "narrative" and now sweating on what is circulating in their veins and organs and in the bodies of their children and grandchildren whom they encouraged and/or transported to accept the "stab".

They now have to live with that decision, the only consolation being is that they all, by definition, did definitely NOT give informed consent to their medical (mis)treatment and should be considering how appropriate justice should rapidly be meted out to the perpetrators and how the perps' considerably bolstered assets could be recovered and used to ease the distress of the relatives and survivors.

How quickly many have forgotten that BigPharma promised the Silver Bullet as the way back to normality, then realising it was not delivering the advertised protection, very rapidly rolled out boosters/shots 3, 4, 5 and so on, with reducing efficacy durations, as witnessed in the fastest stabbed nation of all, curiously Israel.

And all this before the adverse side effects issue started to gain publicity despite the best efforts of the guvvments' snake-oil salesmen.

I cannot believe that the members of O-N have no knowledge of the various main blocs' vaccine adverse events' websites with their fractional reporting of the full-scale extent of the damages inflicted. ~X(

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:57 pm

Your posts are molecular in their extent but nil in their information content! You really must look at the thermodynamics my friend!

Boltzman had a point!

Piss on that boing!

God knows how anybody allowed, anybody like you to fly a nuclear bomber! =))

TGG

Christ - some of these people are idiots.

PS - Boing, you are not an idiot, which just makes it worse.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:26 pm

God, let this be our prayer...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:40 pm

Boing, you are a hopeless Englishman... but...

One of my relative's farms appears in this video..

TGG
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:50 pm

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:50 pm

You English are in need of care these days...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."