Chaos in Canada

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Canada

#101 Post by boing » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 pm

The people who are insisting that truckers be cleared from the various locations miss one very important point. Although the visual action by the truckers is of value to their cause the truckers could have equal effect just by returning home and going fishing for a couple of weeks. This may actually be better supported than the demonstration because more truckers are likely to welcome a couple of weeks vacation at home than are happy to sit in there trucks in the middle of a city being harassed by the police.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#102 Post by Dushan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:25 pm

Not really.
First of all these truckers lost their jobs, or can't perform them, because of vaccine passport mandates. Whether vaxxed or not they object to having to prove day-in and day-out. So they are not working. Staying home will accomplish nothing. They have to demonstrate to the politicians, and the rest of people that they mean business and are willing to stand for their rights and freedoms.

Second, there are a lot of people (majority) on the streets of Ottawa who are not truckers. They are ordinary folks just fed up with government overreach and demanding their freedoms back.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#103 Post by barkingmad » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:28 pm

First the police have started to express doubts as to the morality of stopping the protest;

Next an CAF Army Major puts his head above the trench and has probably sacrificed his career in the process;

https://www.bitchute.com/video/57SoElEnrFQ6/

And lastly even the veterans are coming out in support of the protests;

For how much longer will Justin Turd'eau hold the current line or will he finally see sense and overwhelming odds against him?

I suspect the current protest reflects a long-standing undercurrent of dissatisfaction with the direction of government in Canada above and beyond the Covid1984 measures.

Expect either/both of the Y T videos to be excised soon, I A W the western world's current fashion for suppression of alternative voices, in the best traditions of the old Soviet Union. [-X ~X(

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#104 Post by llondel » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:35 pm

The largest truckers' union in Canada is opposed to the protests, as is the US Teamsters. Latest reports suggest that the protest is being dismantled, with a fair bit of it done voluntarily by those present.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#105 Post by boing » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:47 am

The reason the Teamsters and the Cd truckers union are opposed to the truckers taking part in the protest is that the protestors are mostly independents and hence not under the control of the Unions. The protestors are seen as a threat by the established Unions who would love to see them crushed. How can the Union truckers hike the haulage fees and make bigger paychecks if independents work for less?

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#106 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:51 am

boing wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:47 am
The reason the Teamsters and the Cd truckers union are opposed to the truckers taking part in the protest is that the protestors are mostly independents and hence not under the control of the Unions. The protestors are seen as a threat by the established Unions who would love to see them crushed. How can the Union truckers hike the haulage fees and make bigger paychecks if independents work for less?

You bring nothing but despair to Mississauga.

And in Ottawa, they think people like you, are *****?

What say you?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#107 Post by boing » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:46 am

I rather suspect that it depends on which of the present residents of Ottawa you are referring to.

If you are referring to the truckers I think they would soon see that I am willing to pick up trash, face the police and jeer at the politicians along with the rest of them so I see no problem there. The dancing may be a little tricky because I seem to be several decades out of date.

If you are talking about the politicians themselves I would take it as a badge of honour for them to call me names. I try to avoid swearing myself because I think it only makes people seem shallow and to be concealing their lack of valid discussion points with bluster. Don't you agree?

prospector
Capt
Capt

#108 Post by prospector » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:53 am

"I try to avoid swearing myself because I think it only makes people seem shallow and to be concealing their lack of valid discussion points with bluster. Don't you agree?"

I do

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#109 Post by barkingmad » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:45 pm

prospector wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:53 am
"I try to avoid swearing myself because I think it only makes people seem shallow and to be concealing their lack of valid discussion points with bluster. Don't you agree?"

I do
boing & prospecter I totally agree :YMAPPLAUSE:

In this forum on too many threads the level of “debate” has deteriorated beyond and below the standard which I would have expected when I fled from T O P to what I perceived initially was populated by ‘more mature’ contributors.

I can take the unabated sh1t which is heaped on me by my protagonists, but when I was offered a “safe word” by one of them, in the style of a “50 Shades of Grey” sadomasochistic dungeon ritual, I decided to take time out away from the bile and venom which was circulating at that time.

This thread below was initiated some time ago, presumably in the face of such an excess of aggression and maybe our more volatile and vicious contributors would benefit from perusing it and reflecting on the tenor of their utterances? ! ~X(

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5439&start=60#p233957

Seenenough

#110 Post by Seenenough » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:33 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:45 pm
prospector wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:53 am

I do
boing & prospecter I totally agree :YMAPPLAUSE:

In this forum on too many threads the level of “debate” has deteriorated beyond and below the standard which I would have expected when I fled from T O P to what I perceived initially was populated by ‘more mature’ contributors........

This thread below was initiated some time ago, presumably in the face of such an excess of aggression and maybe our more volatile and vicious contributors would benefit from perusing it and reflecting on the tenor of their utterances? ! ~X(

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5439&start=60#p233957

Little has changed in two years-The same self promoting "Three Wise Men" continue to dominate the situation.

Several active posters have since gone quiet,Ben There as an example.

The Goblin now appears with the help of Plum ,as was evident late last evening, to be trying to turn the forum into a new version of MTV.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#111 Post by John Hill » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:45 pm

I think I should liven things up but posting about, something, somewhere or other......
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#112 Post by om15 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:53 pm

I was interested to see that more Ops Normal posters were on TRAB on TOP than were on here a week or so ago. Many of the regulars are fed up with the drunken and abusive postings that are now becoming the norm, the lack of humour and lack of intelligent debate and the general pigs bar atmosphere.
Every week another poster goes quiet, recently PN has gone, soon there will only be a few left bickering away to themselves.
Bit sad but it appears to have had its day, for me at any rate, the puerile and abuse tone of the threads doesn't hold any attractions for me I'm afraid.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#113 Post by John Hill » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:16 pm

I am feeling really sad at the change in atmosphere here especially as I recall the friendly welcome I received here.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#114 Post by boing » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:23 am

This forum seems to be a microcosmic version of the population in general. I do not know what it is like outside the US but it is quite amazing the number of people here who are reporting break ups between friends and even families, the causes are always the same, politics and Covid. Russell Brand continuously points out that the only people who benefit from this division in society are the politicians who wish to increase their power over us, having watched many of his videos and from my own experience I think he is talking a certain amount of truth.

1. The sensationalism of the media who continually repeat the message of fear, "be afraid, be afraid, be afraid, next week the situation could be much worse! Omicron was only a temporary break, soon we should expect even more and more terrifying variants, we are all going to die" ------ unless of course you take the government mandated inoculations that make billions for big Pharma. companies (and the politicians that invest in them). By the way, the US Government funded the Covid vaccine development, why did we pay for this through taxes and then pay again in more taxes to buy the stuff from big pharma. who are grinning all the way to the bank (which they probably partly own).

2. Political lies, from all directions, amplified by the media and believed by the media addicts. The amazing aspect of this is that the public's total lack of not only judgement but downright disbelief of anything that they simply do not want to believe because it opposes their preconceived ideas. An example, I name political names but there is plenty of guilt for anyone. Recently Hillary Clinton tore into Trump for supposedly, not yet proven, retaining government documents that were supposed to be handed to the National Archives when he retired. This is the same Hillary Clinton that operated a private data network in parallel to the official State Department network while she was Secretary of State so that many of her e-mails could not be officially archived.

3. Have you noticed how the established media and the internet majors censor events to fit their, and the governments, agenda? Did you see that GoFundMe (an American company) tied up the public donations made to support the Canadian truckers? Recently an American political figure boasted he had been instrumental in the action. Why would a US politician care that the truckers in Canada were receiving support from the public? Perhaps because there is more collaboration between national governments than we realise. Perhaps they are afraid that the same plans could be followed by protestors in the US?

Other countries may be different but in the US people are waking up to the misbehaviour of all, all, politicians and their media supporters, the only problem is that with a rigid two party system even if you replace the "shower in power" you end up replacing them with their mirror image.

The sooner the public come together against the political classes (please view Russel Brand on U-tube) the sooner we will heal the rifts in society that are causing problems even down to our cosy little Forum.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#115 Post by Karearea » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:34 am

After dismantling the barriers around the War Memorial in Ottawa, Veterans say the Lord's Prayer and sing O Canada.
Police try to move in on the freedom protesters (including veterans) at war memorial in Ottawa but are surrounded by protesters and leave.
3:46

Around the world thoughts shall fly In the twinkling of an eye

prospector
Capt
Capt

#116 Post by prospector » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:51 am

"The sooner the public come together against the political classes (please view Russel Brand on U-tube) the sooner we will heal the rifts in society that are causing problems even down to our cosy little Forum."

Well said. Even though the Donald had his detractors, at least he was trying. And when one sees what dirty tricks Durham is uncovering now from his political foes, from both parties,to try and counter all that plus do his job must have been a nightmare.

Seenenough

#117 Post by Seenenough » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:39 am

John Hill wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:16 pm
I am feeling really sad at the change in atmosphere here especially as I recall the friendly welcome I received here.
John-from my position, you are one of the most intolerant on this forum to anyone who does not see things as you do.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#118 Post by John Hill » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:54 am

Seenenough wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:39 am
John-from my position, you are one of the most intolerant on this forum to anyone who does not see things as you do.
Thank you for the kind words.... =))

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#119 Post by Dushan » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:49 pm

llondel wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:35 pm
The largest truckers' union in Canada is opposed to the protests, as is the US Teamsters. Latest reports suggest that the protest is being dismantled, with a fair bit of it done voluntarily by those present.
Not a Canadian truckers' union. It is a trucker's association which is an association of trucking companies, not individual drivers.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#120 Post by llondel » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:33 pm

Dushan wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:49 pm
llondel wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:35 pm
Not a Canadian truckers' union. It is a trucker's association which is an association of trucking companies, not individual drivers.
OK, I'm not up on names of organisations, not all unions have "union" in the name.

It did seem to be done in a mostly polite fashion - saw a clip on FB, presumably in Paris, of a Frenchman locked in his car and refusing to move or open the car door to talk to a policeman, who proceeded to shatter the window with a small spring-loaded centre-punch before reaching in to unlock and open the door. Always willing to go the direct action route, the French.