Chaos in Canada

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Canada

#21 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:08 pm

On a lighter note, one which might raise a smile, here is Justin Trudeau in His Secret Ottawa Bunker - Live Footage Hiding From Canada Freedom Convoy 2022:-

https://odysee.com/@FwapUK:1/Justin-Tru ... a-Bunker:2

It’s possible if he’s blacked up his face again he may be able to escape the wrath of the rebellious peasants...

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:41 pm

boing wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:49 pm
TGG
You are such a clod with your posts that I think sometimes you do it just for the satisfaction of creating conflict

This trucker protest is nor about medical incidentals ---- it is about freedom, once men fought to ensure freedom now the pale images of these men will give up everything for a government issued throat lozenge. If you listen to the comments, which I note you steadfastly refuse to do in all discussions, you will find that 85% of the truckers involved in this protest are fully vaccinated. They are not, as you dogmatically assume, protesting about vaccinations they are protesting about mandated vaccinations.They are fighting for a principle, freedom, something which has apparently been bred out of your making.

Trudeau, the man who said on Wednesday that a convoy of up to 50,000 truckers protesting Covid-19 vaccine mandates in the country are a “fringe minority” with “unacceptable views.”. Just what and who can decide on what is an "unacceptable view" in a free nation? A "fringe minority", yes, a fringe minority that has provided 6 million dollars to support the truckers, a fringe minority that was posting supportive comments so fast on a web feed that the posts were being made faster than I could read them. A "fringe" minority so pathetic that the government shut off motorway cameras so the public could not see how big the protest really was.

This is hopefully the first step towards the end of the servile and the woke, an end to the filthy cancer that has eaten away at society for the last to years, an end to government hacks destroying lives by using the musings of their correspondent medical hacks.

Here is a man who speaks the truth although I am sure you would have nothing to do with him because he speaks that truth. Check the number of people following his views, check the number of people who commented on his ideas in a 24 hour period then go and hide from the opposition under the cover of a possible Covid contact as Trudeau did.

Clod, I may, or may not be but I am also legitimately exercising my right to say that I am not apt to be impressed by a bunch of people who claim to be exercising their right to free speech or whatever, while acting like a rabble, without evidencing any respect for the notion that with rights come duties as well. As for freedom, I know that I know what freedom is in the philosophical sense, and the basis of it is not predicated upon the kind of ignorance, and the presumption that seems to be legion in the some of the claptrap that is spouted by the ignorant.

The fact that I get under your skin gives me little pleasure, believe me.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by boing » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:01 pm

No recent news on the convoy but much more press reporting in general. Despite the absolute public declaration to the contrary a large proportion of the press is reporting the convoy as an anti-vaccine event rather than anti-mandate. They are also speculating on the violent characteristics of some of the participants and, as they see things, they are forecasting inevitable violence. We also have the convoy being disparaged by one of the national trucking organisations which is not surprising since most of the truckers involved are owner/operators as opposed to corporate fleets. Trudeau has left Ottawa with his family to an undisclosed location, hopefully a nice quiet bunker.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by boing » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:04 pm

TGG
I am not apt to be impressed by a bunch of people who claim to be exercising their right to free speech or whatever, while acting like a rabble, without evidencing any respect for the notion that with rights come duties as well.
Of course, the first comment you make that you will have to justify is "while acting like a rabble, ". Please supply a concrete example of this behaviour because otherwise this one little claim you make exposes your post as an emotional monologue and it makes the rest of your comments suspect. The truckers are not exactly acting like the Mongol hordes.

If you think Cromwell and his supporters should be considered as rabble why is there a statue of him in the grounds of Parliament? If you think the Baron's of Runnymede were rabble what do you think of the Magna Carta? Of course, we can see the colonial rebels in America as rabble but they created a free nation with a novel form of government. Ghandi was a rebel. You are on the wrong side of history my friend.

As for
without evidencing any respect for the notion that with rights come duties as well.
Could you please tell me where you believe the boundaries of rights and duties intersect. Is it not the duty of a free man to defend his rights? Does not one man defending his established rights defend the rights of all men? Is it not my duty to oppose an imposition that I may feel is morally improper even if it does not infringe on my established rights? The attempt to escape by a prisoner-of-war is considered to be a duty under the Geneva Conventions. Is it not my duty to escape government overreach as it is my duty to escape from a prison camp, or would I be infringing the rights of my captors? Answers please in cuneiform and on a clay tablet because that is how long we have been trying to deal with this conundrum.

The truckers have a right to have their individual opinion heard, they have a moral duty to have their opinions heard if they believe the circumstances effect society in general. The fact that others may have differing opinions does not negate that duty. Now, how you resolve the differences between two groups with different opinions is another matter that has been resolved by various means historically.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:28 pm

@boing

One definition of a rabble is: a disorderly crowd; a mob. The motives of this group of Canadian truckers et al, the supposed "freedom" convoy (whatever that means) seems to constitute an agglomeration of things, from protesting vaccine mandates though to political grievances, right through to seditious motives. The very lack of focus and the heterogenous nature of this group seems to have many characteristics of an entropic or disordered group, which can quite reasonably be construed to be a rabble.

Your points about freedom and rights, while thoughtful in some ways, are tendentious in other ways, that I will point out when I have time to respond, which won't be tonight I am afraid.

On a personal note, (said with some humour are on my part anyway) is that you have always struck me as a right wing rebel without a real cause boing. Maybe you should join these denizens of "freedom" and spread the disorder and general mayhem that you seem to so admire so much. A sojourn in the cold might do you some good and teach you a little bit about what "real disorder" or entropy actually means.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by boing » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:01 pm

No TGG, I am not a right wing rebel without a cause, I am my own man. If I seem to sway between right and left, which you apparently see as a weakness, I see it as a rational view to life that changes as the facts change and as I change. We are what we are made, what we experience. I know that not all people are perfect, some you like, some you can work with, others you avoid. The greedy rich I particularly disrespect, the solid, self reliant, people that used to live in our community I respected. Many of the people I meet locally now I disdain, they spend vast amounts buying property "in the country", build big houses and then are always complaining that their internet service is inadequate and the electricity fails too often in the winter.

By the way, if you ever need a good sojourn in the cold try a few days on a survival exercise in Goose Bay, Labrador, but be careful not to get lost in a snow storm because if you do you are not going home as I nearly experienced.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 pm

boing wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:01 pm

By the way, if you ever need a good sojourn in the cold try a few days on a survival exercise in Goose Bay, Labrador, but be careful not to get lost in a snow storm because if you do you are not going home as I nearly experienced.

Good to hear boing. We don't want you freezing to death! ;)))

As for the "you are your own man"... well that makes you a rebel with your own cause... a step up in my sense of values, I will admit!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#28 Post by Dushan » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:05 pm

CBC and CTV (AKA the propaganda arms of the a liberal Party of Canada) continuously harping on "security concerns". Also reporting that Skippy and his family have been moved from Rideau cottage to a "secure location", which everyone knows is Harrington Lake summer house. Yesterday Skippy said he couldn’t go out and meet with the truckers due to COWARD-19 but today, suddenly, he can leave his isolation.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:11 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:05 pm
CBC and CTV (AKA the propaganda arms of the a liberal Party of Canada) continuously harping on "security concerns". Also reporting that Skippy and his family have been moved from Rideau cottage to a "secure location", which everyone knows is Harrington Lake summer house. Yesterday Skippy said he couldn’t go out and meet with the truckers due to COWARD-19 but today, suddenly, he can leave his isolation.
I will not have malcontents like you and boing disturbing Canada, particularly Toronto ... your hear me! =;

If you want to do that kind of ***** then move to Alabama, and even they don't deserve that!

With respect. =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by Karearea » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:19 pm

boing wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:01 pm
No recent news on the convoy but much more press reporting in general. Despite the absolute public declaration to the contrary a large proportion of the press is reporting the convoy as an anti-vaccine event rather than anti-mandate. They are also speculating on the violent characteristics of some of the participants and, as they see things, they are forecasting inevitable violence. We also have the convoy being disparaged by one of the national trucking organisations which is not surprising since most of the truckers involved are owner/operators as opposed to corporate fleets. Trudeau has left Ottawa with his family to an undisclosed location, hopefully a nice quiet bunker.
Similar minimising reporting on the anti-mandate protests conducted in NZ in November, similar accusations of potential violence, extremism, misogyny and racism. One would almost think they had a script...

If a convoy like the Canadian one was coming through my town I'd be out there cheering them on. :-bd
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:21 pm

Karearea wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:19 pm
boing wrote:
Similar minimising reporting on the anti-mandate protests conducted in NZ in November, similar accusations of potential violence, extremism, misogyny and racism. One would almost think they had a script...

If a convoy like the Canadian one was coming through my town I'd be out there cheering them on. :-bd
Karearea these ignorant bastards will not prevail

MX
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:24 pm

We need more men and women like this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_D._ ... 20in%20all.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:28 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:21 pm
Karearea wrote:
boing wrote:

MX
Even if you disagree with me.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#34 Post by Dushan » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:52 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Karearea wrote:
boing wrote:

MX
Yes we will. It took one electrician to start a revolution in Poland.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:57 am

Dushan wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:52 am
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Karearea wrote:

MX
Yes we will. It took one electrician to start a revolution in Poland.
That's why you live in Canada... You bastard :)) =((
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:16 am

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:49 am

And there I was wondering about the mental capacity of an ex-RAF commander...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by boing » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:26 am

“Club Secretary: "I say, Lawrence. You are a clown!"
T.E. Lawrence: "Ah, well, we can't all be lion tamers.”
― T.E. Lawrence

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#39 Post by k3k3 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 am

I remember being in Goose Bay a long time ago at the end of September, as we started loading the aircraft to come home we noticed a few snow flurries, by the time we had finished loading three hours later it was nearly knee deep.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:53 am

llondel wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:07 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:35 pm
Bunch of nutters in trucks... I always speak to my local truck driver to determine the best medical or virological advice, as I always refer, and defer to my window cleaner on astrophysics... =))
I ask my dog about the latest in quantum physics. She just looks at me with a condescending expression, clearly I wouldn't understand even if she told me.
Don't forget the taxi driver who knows the precise formula of all COVID vaccines plus the one from Coca Cola.