FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Canada

#141 Post by FD2 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:51 am

Slightly tongue in cheek...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/ ... -go-wrong/

Comment
Canada used to be the friendliest place in the world. Where did it all go wrong?

Under Justin Trudeau, a country that seemed pleasantly uneventful has turned into a bin-fire of raging hostility

Michael Deacon
Columnist
19 February 2022 • 7:00am
Michael Deacon

The news from Canada seems to grow more startling by the day. The government invoking emergency powers to crack down on mass protests against Covid restrictions. Police arresting leaders of the “freedom convoy” of truckers. Justin Trudeau dismissing protesters as “people who wave swastikas”.

Of course, we’ve seen Covid-related protests turn ugly in plenty of other countries, too. What seems remarkable in this particular case is simply that it’s happening in Canada. Because, at least to outsiders, Canada normally seems like the friendliest, calmest, and most uneventful place on Earth. It’s the last country we’d expect to collapse into a raging bin-fire of anger and hostility.

A decade ago now, I was sent to Canada to write an article for the Telegraph’s travel section. And, like countless other visitors both before and since, I found the locals to be almost comically pleasant and polite. No people on the planet are more considerate, obliging, or anxious to please. When the waitresses and shop assistants tell you to have a nice day, they sound as if they have no more heartfelt wish in the world. In Vancouver, meanwhile, I passed a beggar who was repeating the phrase, “Small change, anybody?” in a tone so gentle and courteous it sounded as if he was offering coins rather than requesting them.

To this day I remain convinced that if a Canadian woke up in the middle of the night to find you burgling his house, he would offer to help.

“Take care lifting that 65-inch TV down from the wall, sir – can’t have you putting your back out! Here, let me hold the other end for you. Easy does it. By the way, did you get my iPhone 13? Don’t forget the charger, it’s upstairs. No, no, you put your feet up – I’ll run and fetch it. Say, looks like you didn’t manage to crack the code on the little safe where we keep my wife’s jewellery. Help yourself to a coffee, while I pop it all into a bag for you. We can load everything into my brand new Porsche. You’ll find the key on the kitchen table.”

To my jaded and cynical British eyes, Canada seemed so wholesome, earnest and sincere. I remember looking at magazines on a newsstand. Leading publications included Best Log Homes (sample headline: “Best Floor Plans: Our Annual Contest Winners”), Woodsmith (“Discover How to Get More From Your Table Saw”) – and a magazine entirely dedicated to truck driving.

The main article in that particular issue was about bolt-on truck accessories. Given how things are going, I daren’t imagine what the next issue will include. “Top 50 Ways to Blockade a City Centre”, plus free anti-Trudeau placard for every reader.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#142 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:49 am

The decrepit "Freedom" caravan finally leaves Ottawa...

Decrepit Freedom Bus.JPG
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#143 Post by Dushan » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:47 pm

Yes, the mayor thinks he can sell it and pay for the goons police brought in to beat peaceful protesters.

One day it may be as well known as this sign.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 9_logo.svg
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#144 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:52 pm

Dushan wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:47 pm
Yes, the mayor thinks he can sell it and pay for the goons police brought in to beat peaceful protesters.
You can't call law enforcement officers, and custodians of the peace, goons! =))

Anyway a good beating is character forming, as my teachers used to point out to me, and I am the most pacific person I know! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#145 Post by Dushan » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:00 pm

They can hardly be called "custodians of the peace". They are the only ones who introduced violence in 23 days of peaceful protest in Ottawa Just ask the pepper sprayed journalists. Or the Mohawk woman with a walker who now has a dislocated shoulder.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Seenenough

#146 Post by Seenenough » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:26 pm

Dushan wrote:

Or maybe to buy Trudeau a new Olive Drab Tunic

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#147 Post by Dushan » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:35 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:26 pm
Dushan wrote:

Cute. Maybe he can add it to his assortment of Indian and Arabian costumes. Not to mention his WW I uniform.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#148 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:51 pm

Dushan wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:35 pm
Seenenough wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:26 pm
Dushan wrote:

Cute. Maybe he can add it to his assortment of Indian and Arabian costumes. Not to mention his WW I uniform.
Government's, whatever their politics are often made up of idiots... Even Canadian one's vide. the Diefenbaker administration!

https://www.ops-normal.org/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p324944
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#149 Post by barkingmad » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:07 pm

Oooops ! ! Seems as if Klaus Von KnobSchwab has really gotten out of his box and interfering with or aiding the suppression of the native Canajuns?

It’s much easier for a foreign force to physically harass and bully the unfortunates in Ottawa, especially as they’ve been observed with no identifying numbers like the local Plod and are refusing to talk with the protesters in case their accents become obvious.

So just carry on clubbing and beating without a word needed. Just how low can Turd’eau sink?

We can but hope this is not true, otherwise how can the current Canajun administration ever come back from this, with the polls showing a distaste for the current policies towards peaceful protest?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#150 Post by Dushan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:55 pm

I love a conspiracy theory as much a s a next guy, but even I can't go this far.

A bunch of STOL UN livery aircraft were spotted at an airport in North Bay. Turns out there is a maintenance company that has a contract to maintain them.

As for goons in brown uniforms, they were most likely Suerite de Quebec, their provincial police.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#151 Post by llondel » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:17 am

There were often interesting aircraft at Cambridge in the UK, again, because the local company had a maintenance contract. They also did things to BA 747s, it was always impressive to see one of them arriving.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#152 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:08 am

llondel wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:17 am
There were often interesting aircraft at Cambridge in the UK, again, because the local company had a maintenance contract. They also did things to BA 747s, it was always impressive to see one of them arriving.
I assume you are talking about the Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#153 Post by llondel » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:10 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:08 am
llondel wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:17 am
I assume you are talking about the Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group?
Yes, I am.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#154 Post by barkingmad » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:21 am

At last a voice of sanity in the Canajun legislature in a brilliant short speech which sums up the insanity of the Turd’eau policy.

As some have pointed out, the policy has only been suspended and not revoked so watch this space for when the wig with a pig inside it loses his cool again?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#155 Post by Dushan » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:56 pm

Skippy blinked. He got word that the senate won't pass his bill and since it was a confidence bill he would be ousted.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#156 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:52 am

Here is a brief clip of the rapturous welcome accorded to Justin Turd'eau by the adoring British public who gathered in the cold to show their appreciation;

https://rumble.com/vwq6ch-protesters-in ... udeau.html

This was after he was filmed disembarking his flight into the cold UK air wearing his black funereal face nappy, to be met at ramp level by his face-nappied embassy staff from whom he kept a respectful distance.

Some time later he is pictured holding the hands of our elderly monarch, no gloves and no face-nappy, at less than the prescribed (anti)social distance of 78.74” or greater.

Just like the G7, Flop26 and Partgate hypocrites but this time the health and safety of Her Maj has been jeopardised by this Young Global Leader.... [-X

In any other previous era this would be considered treason, for which the Brits have a long-standing (or lying down) punishment. :-bd

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#157 Post by Dushan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:49 am

barkingmad wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:52 am

In any other previous era this would be considered treason, for which the Brits have a long-standing (or lying down) punishment. :-bd
Can we please bring the "previous era" for just a day or two? Please, pretty please.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#158 Post by barkingmad » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:39 pm

This clip is from the recent love-in between the Justin Trudeau, Rutte from the Netherlands and our own UK rutter the Pig Dictator in Downing Street;

What a first glass gold-plated example of overt hypocrisy by this dickhead!
I tried to watch the full press briefing but rapidly lost the will to live watching the strutting and posturing. (-|

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#159 Post by Dushan » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:43 am

But nice hair. And socks..

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#160 Post by barkingmad » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:39 pm

Now two of Klaus Von KnobSchwab’s graduates have cemented themselves into place to run Canada until 2025;

Any signs yet of overjoyed Canajuns dancing in the streets in celebration?

Somehow I doubt that’ll happen, more likely trouble on the streets with such a stitchup having been railroaded through?