F@#ktards!!

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

F@#ktards!!

#1 Post by EA01 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:51 am

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 6cd01d7666

“Now we are in a situation where Australians are stranded in countries that have severe COVID outbreaks and are at risk of catching the virus because the Australian government hasn’t brought them home.”

~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X(

NO, you were told to make your way home back in February, before the Corona virus got to bad!....but you didn't!, so be it on you! For heavens sake! Oz Gummint hasn't brought them home indeed!!!!

SIL over here the other day said to me "what about the person who had to travel to see their last relative with not long to live!?"

Yeah, ok , and the other Thirty five thousand and nine hundred and ninety nine others who cose to stay away, and now its the Gummints fault?!?!

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: F@#ktards!!

#2 Post by EA01 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:54 am

.....Needless to say I was the one ostracized for pointing out the bleeding obvious!

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by John Hill » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:41 pm

The poor Ozzies, are they descendants of Ten Pound Poms?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by ian16th » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:04 pm

John Hill wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:41 pm
The poor Ozzies, are they descendants of Ten Pound Poms?
Them's the new mongrels; the true pedigree Oztailian is descended from Irish criminals.
Cynicism improves with age

izod tester
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by izod tester » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:55 pm

The problem is that the Australian Government has imposed a cap on the number of returning Aussies in quarantine at any one time. The article states that the cap is set at 6000. My niece, who is a consultant paediatrician in Perth had to get permission to return to UK in June to see her father before he died, then had to wait for a slot to go back and then spend 14 days quarantine in a hotel room (which she had to pay for). The fact that she did get back in July was probably because of her profession. Many of those still not allocated a return slot are probably not deemed to be as important to the system. I do not see why the Aussie authorities have not seen fit to increase the number of hotels authorised to provide quarantine accommodation.