Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Vaccination 'Passports'.

#41 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm
Undried Plum wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:27 pm
When I had my spike a week ago I asked if I could have a certificate that I'd been 'done'. "No chance" was the answer.
When, and if, I go to get my jab I will bring my yellow vaccination card to have it recorder. It already has tetanus and shingles vaccines in it, among other things, but I’ll be damned if I am going to show it to some mall cop in order to enter the store.
Good luck, mate.

Go tell 'em that you are the master.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#42 Post by Dushan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:13 pm

I may not be by myself, but we, as people are. When you sheeple become people then things will change if you don’t have the will, it won’t.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:30 pm

Green Pass: Israel's Covid-19 vaccination certificate opens fast track to normal life

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/gree ... t-n1258467

Green Pass: Israel's Covid-19 vaccination certificate opens fast track to normal life
People with the so-called "Green Pass" will get access to gyms, hotels and theatres, as more than 46 percent of its 9 million population get vaccinated.

Feb. 21, 2021, 5:32 AM MST
By Reuters
JERUSALEM — Israel reopened swathes of its economy including malls and leisure facilities on Sunday, with the government saying the start of a return to routine was enabled by Covid-19 vaccines administered to almost half the population.

Shops were open to all, but access to gyms, hotels and theatres was limited to people with a “Green Pass”: those who have had both doses of the vaccine more than a week prior, or recovered from the disease with presumed immunity.

Pass-holders could prove their status by presenting a vaccination certificate or downloading a health ministry app linked to their medical files.

Coming exactly a year after Israel’s first documented coronavirus case, Sunday’s easing of curbs was part of a government plan to open the economy more widely next month, when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is up for reelection.

“We are the first country in the world that is reviving itself thanks to the millions of vaccines we brought in,” he tweeted. “Vaccinated? Get the Green Pass and get back to life.”

Mask-wearing and social-distancing were still in force. Dancing was barred at banquet halls. Synagogues, mosques or churches were required to halve their normal congregation sizes.

Elementary schoolchildren and pupils in the last two years of high school resumed classes in towns with contagion rates under control. Middle-school pupils were still home-learning, however, prompting some to stage a sit-down protest in a mall.

“I haven’t been in school in a year,” said 14-year-old demonstrator Rotem Bachar. “How does it make sense to open malls up to crowds, while we can’t attend class if even they are capped at 15 to 20 pupils and have other precautions?”

Israel has administered at least one dose of the Pfizer Inc vaccine to more than 46 percent of its 9 million population, the country's health ministry said.

On Saturday, the ministry said that the risk of illness from Covid-19 dropped 95.8 percent among people who received both shots.

Meanwhile, a new Israeli study of vaccinated health care workers at the country's largest hospital showed that Covid-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer produces a robust immune response after just one dose.

Israel has logged more than 740,000 cases and 5,500 deaths from Covid-19, drawing criticism of Netanyahu’s sometimes patchy enforcement of three national lockdowns. The government has pledged that there will not be a fourth.

Meanwhile, Israel has faced international criticism for largely excluding Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip from its highly successful vaccination campaign, widening the persistent inequality with Israelis that began long before the pandemic.

PP

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 am

Bloody Yids. No wonder they are so disliked.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:50 am

More double speak from the UK government... Covid Status Certificates!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ck-society
Ministers have repeatedly denied that they would consider the domestic use of so-called vaccine passports, fearing they pose risks of discrimination, as some groups are unable to receive the coronavirus jab.

But as part of the government’s roadmap out of England’s national lockdown, a review will be carried out to assess whether certificates could allow restrictions to be lifted more safely. It is expected to report before June.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Woody » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:50 am

Ministers have repeatedly denied that they would consider the domestic use of so-called vaccine passports, fearing they pose risks of discrimination, as some groups are unable to receive the coronavirus jab.

But as part of the government’s roadmap out of England’s national lockdown, a review will be carried out to assess whether certificates could allow restrictions to be lifted more safely. It is expected to report before June.
Over 30 million vaccinations are due to be given by June, how are they going to process that many certificates, apart from giving the job to SERCO X(
When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:47 am

Woody wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 am
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:50 am

Over 30 million vaccinations are due to be given by June, how are they going to process that many certificates, apart from giving the job to SERCO X(
It wouldn't work, generally, and may even cause civil unrest. I hope the government is not stupid enough to try it. The notion will only work for international travel where a normal passport is required anyway.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 am

Listened to the razor sharp intellects quizzing the PM last night. Peston delivering one of his usual rambling speeches. By the time he finished I don't know if anyone remembered the question.
Another came up with the revelation that as second jab requirements increased what would happen to the first jab programme. Why, even days after I mentioned it here and the Telegraph publish the projected rate graphs days ago did it seemingly only occur to our journalist yesterday.

I am not sure but it was possibly Boris who almost gave a yes/no answer to one of the lectures.

Despite all the roadmap secrecy was there anything different from that already published on Sunday or Monday?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:49 pm

Many a true word spoken in jest...

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:07 am

Despite being from the Daily Wail, there are some valid points in this short article; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ravel.html.
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:08 pm

It looks a lot like the vaccination passports will soon be a thing.
I cannot believe the British are not only going to accept this, but will actually welcome it.

"Those pepared to sacrifice freedom for a little safety, deserve neither freedom or safety"

Or a Keith Cuntabout puts it...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by Boac » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Bring it on - ID cards too. As long as I don't have to pay a fortune for them.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:05 pm
Bring it on - ID cards too. As long as I don't have to pay a fortune for them.

"Papiere, beeil dich, beeil dich, englische Sklaven!"

=))

Not workable and will result in chaos, questions of liberal personal and democratic freedoms aside! A foolish idea, therefore very likely to be promoted by chancers like Johnson who will abandon it like a hot cake when the proverbial hits the fan and, as ever, he will leave others to pick up the pieces!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by Boac » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:40 pm

It could always be given to Dodo Harding to run....... (scratch that - make it Nadhim Zahawi). He has done an excellent but mostly unsung job with the vaccine roll-out.

For our less-paranoid UK readers - a few outfits have launched Smart-phone apps to 'connect' to your GP practice. I have set up 'My Gp' which is shortly to launch a vaccine function.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:40 pm
It could always be given to Dodo Harding to run....... (scratch that - make it Nadhim Zahawi). He has done an excellent but mostly unsung job with the vaccine roll-out.

For our less-paranoid UK readers - a few outfits have launched Smart-phone apps to 'connect' to your GP practice. I have set up 'My Gp' which is shortly to launch a vaccine function.
Old Dildo Harding would definitely doom any such idea from the start, as you say...

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/paper-vacci ... ind-941371

I suspect it might yet work for international travel etc. but as for going to the pub etc. forget it!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by ian16th » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:09 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm
I suspect it might yet work for international travel etc. but as for going to the pub etc. forget it!
In some places you have to show ID that proves your age, to buy booze.

I was refused a beer in a Boston Ma. restaurant when I was over 50!
Cynicism improves with age

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:18 pm

Do you look like Billy the Kid, i.e. both young and a troublemaker, ian16th? =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by ian16th » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:34 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:18 pm
Do you look like Billy the Kid, i.e. both young and a troublemaker, ian16th? =))
I tell the story for its sake as a story.

I was attending courses in Boston, with 1 guy from a customer. We spent a Sunday doing touristy things and decided to eat in a Chink restaurant.

I needed to pee. So I says to my colleague. 'get me a Sam Adams/Harpoon'. Then head into the loo.

The Chink waiter hadn't seen me go to the loo, and wouldn't accept the guys order 'for a friend'.

When I came out of the loo, he saw me and muttered, 'OK'.

I got my Sam Adams/Harpoon, I forget what they sold!

Boston is a town of students and the liqueur licence holders are subject to strict laws.
Cynicism improves with age

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by 1DC » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Youngest daughter who lives in Oz was regularly asked her age in the pub when she was in her thirties, she went to a pop festival once and was denied a drink so she showed her id and was given a special bracelet to wear to prove she was over 18. She was 39 at the time. She was so proud of the bracelet she wore it for months as badge of honour..

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#60 Post by Smeagol » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:00 pm

Can any of our 'Saffer' friends tell us if the 'Book of Life' is still used in SA? though I am not in favour of a UK identity card, when resident in SA in the 1970's I thought the Book of Life was a useful document. was an identity document but contained things like, marriage, driving and firearms licences etc.
Must still have mine in a drawer somewhere in the house.
We hates Bagginses!