Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate Crisis!!!!

#621 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun May 14, 2023 9:38 pm

You forgot transphobic.
I believe that's quite the thing, now.

And it's misogynist.
It's from the Greek, as any fule kno ;)))

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#622 Post by Dushan » Mon May 15, 2023 6:18 pm

And way over-represented in Ottawa, but that's an inside Canadian slur...

Thanks for the correction on the gyno part. Was struggling with it for a bit and still got it wrong.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#623 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 15, 2023 6:59 pm

F3 intended to say misogynist, so might that refer to a young single female obstetrician?

Just thinking aloud, though whether that’s allowed could be debatable in this free-speech public house ‘snug’ bar?

I’d better seek that dark room and lie down… i-)

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#624 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 17, 2023 8:16 am

The fightback against the Climate Emergency Fearmongers continues, hopefully before too much damage is done to what used to be a viable planet;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/05/16/imp ... iterature/

And it’s good news that these fanatics actually have some vulnerable sensations normally associated with real human beans;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/05/17/sci ... n-twitter/

:-bd :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMPARTY:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#625 Post by barkingmad » Sat May 20, 2023 7:38 am

Meanwhile, on a (fire)lighter note, here is a late but much respected ‘eggspurt’ in a number of disciplines giving a strongly worded address on the current thread topic which might even be construed as commonsense*

* are we allowed to use that word in 2023?!

Caution, contains frank language (I knew him once) and mentions the word “virus”! :-o =))

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#626 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat May 20, 2023 2:13 pm

commonsense .. are we allowed to use that word in 2023?!
You're allowed to, but if sense is no longer common, then its use is inaccurate.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#627 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 21, 2023 9:06 am

PtP, agree. I see it as an industry akin to these claims companies: Did you - get credit card insurance - have a diesel car between - buy a time share - have an unknown relative die intestate?

I found an environmental report on the East African fibre network. They had no climatology skin in the game. They stated that the sea level was 1,000 feet lower 18,000 years ago. This gives a rise of 5.5 feet per century or 1.67m.
Curiously: The high-end global mean sea-level rise is now projected to be up to 1.3-1.6 meters for strong warming in 2100.https://www.wcrp-climate.org/news/scien ... 0in%202100.

Then look at Dogger Bank, flooded about 7,500 years ago to a depth of 18-63 m. Assuming a mean depth of 40m that is 0.5m per century.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#628 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun May 21, 2023 11:45 am

The last Ice Age and its subsequent melting is by far the most important factor in sea level rise in the last 18,000 years.
slr_s.jpg
slr_s.jpg (21.75 KiB) Viewed 633 times
(MWP is Melt Water Pulse)
Only data in the last 2,000 years is largely free of the effects.

(pic from NASA: https://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/brie ... ornitz_09/ )

Also.
Note the study you quote is
a) the high end estimate. How many of the AGW crowd's high end estimates have happened? Absolutely none, not even close. Indeed the actual rises in temperature, etc measured since this whole business started are way under the average predictions. And their methodology has a whole bunch of unanswered questions. It's sheer alarmism.

In AR1 in 1992, the IPCC estimate sea level rise at 6cm per decade.
https://www.ipcc.ch/report/climate-chan ... sessments/
Since then, it's been under half that. In fact, the rise is under the lowest confidence limits in AR1, which means their model is wrong.

b) the estimate has been reduced by 30cm compared to their previous estimates.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#629 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun May 21, 2023 1:36 pm

And while we are about it, note that the article projecting big sea level rises primarily attributes this to melting polar ice.
And what affects the polar ice coverage is not just solar or atmospheric heating.
The latest research shows a significant link between ENSO (El Nino/La Nina) and polar ice coverage.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abl8278

And this is to be expected, says he with an oceanography course as part of his physics degree, as the deep ocean currents tend to travel along the ocean floor from the polar regions, rising up around the latitude where ENSO happens, so big changes in the surface waters here affect the vertical ocean currents across the globe..

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#630 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 21, 2023 10:20 pm

Oooops! Obviously the French climate change is not threatening us all with mass cremation as is perceived in other countries, especially Perfidious Albion;

:---"Emmanuel Macron has asked the EU to stop spewing out green regulations by the bucket-load, pointing out that the region won’t be able to compete with less regulated parts of the world if the rush to Net Zero continues. Will Rishi Sunak take note?

Emmanuel Macron had a spring in his step as he donned a hard hat to join workers at an aluminium factory in Dunkirk.

The French president was there to trumpet the recent decision by ProLogium, a Taiwanese car battery maker, to establish its first overseas plant in the northern town, ploughing in €5.2 billion (£4.5 billion).

But he also had another message for his audience: that further factory investment was at risk unless France and the EU pressed pause on the reams of green laws and regulations flowing out of Brussels.

Europe had already done more than the likes of America and China, he argued, and tinkering further with standards would put it at a competitive disadvantage.

“I prefer factories that respect our European standards, which are the best, rather than those who still want to add standards and always more – but without having anymore factories,” he told the crowd this month.

Macron was underlining a speech he had made just a day earlier at the Elysee Palace. Outlining his green industrial strategy, the French president called for a “European regulatory pause”, adding: “We have already passed a lot of regulations at the European level, more than our neighbours… Now we have to execute, not make new rule changes, because otherwise we will lose all the players.”

Bruno Le Maire, the economy minister, later backed his boss up, telling French television: “There are rules, they are the most demanding on the whole planet. Rather than always wanting to reinforce them, you have to apply them.”

The shifts across the water pose searching questions for the U.K., about whether a loosening of the EU’s green transition could put British businesses at a disadvantage as well. Can a nation impose some of the strictest environmental rules in the world while protecting the competitiveness of its industrial base?

And as Europe pauses its drive towards net zero, is Britain at risk of becoming more isolated than ever?---:

From the UK Daily Torygraph paper, the full text being hidden behind the usual paywall.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#631 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 28, 2023 7:40 pm

No wonder my mental 'elf is being called into question due to the immense emotional stress I and others are suffering, due to the doom and gloom predictions hurled at us all on a daily basis;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/05/28/del ... al-health/

But I'm glad I persisted in reading this article to the end where Senator John Kerry gives us a 20 second lecture in climate science, on which he must be an eggspurt.... =))

The comments following the article are illuminating, especially the rerun of the Beeb piece on Glowball Warming ! ! ! :-o

Good to see Auntie BBC was on the ball, right up until the 'plague' gave them something into which they could sink their toothless gums and then to masticate noisily for the next 3 years. :))

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#632 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon May 29, 2023 5:40 pm

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#633 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 29, 2023 7:01 pm

F3banana, didya mean like this small demo, which has received some coverage over here where field sports, played by men with odd-shaped balls, might not be the safest place to upset the paying baying spectators?;

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... twickenham

NO apologies for this info source, but some here with their hands on the signals and points levers might react badly if one didn’t aspire to maintain some balance against the rabid right-wing bias evident in these pages! :)) =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#634 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:00 am

For Project Fear Mk 1, the plandemic, one only had to FOLLOW THE MONEY to understand what was happening.

And now, for Project Fear Mk 2, one only has to FOLLOW THE MONEY to understand what is happening;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/06/06/cli ... at-a-time/

DO YOU SEE IT YET ? ! ~X(

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#635 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:55 pm

There's a picture of Greta Thundberg on the Sky News site and she's wearing Norah Batty stockings, wrinkles and all. Very sexy...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#636 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:10 am

It is the month of June in the UK.
Nanny has watched the weather forecast.
Private Fraser ex-Dads’ Army is wailing “We’re doomed, we’re all doomed”!
The Beeb continues to crank up the news temperature.
Some guvvment department has been formed, doubtless at a cost, to advise us that hot weather is dangerous.
Presumably hordes of journalists will cluster around the RAF Coningsby Stevenson scree to see the ‘mercury rising’ alarmingly.
We now have to be warned that this perfectly normal weather phenomenon is almost as dangerous as the ‘plague’.
Oh F F S how has the hominid species managed to evolve into such a pack of BIG JESSYS?!?!
But it’s good clickbait and might even sell extra newspapers with which those in danger may fan themselves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49112807

~X( X( :ymsick:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#637 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:11 am

Further to my last, here’s an excellent opportunity for the Project Fear Mk2 zealots to start banging on again with headlines such as “We’re doomed, we’re all going to fry, we’re all going to die!”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65839060

And it’s only halfway through June in the Norn Hemisphere...

I must book my slot at the obsevers’ lookout post, as near as possible to the runway at RAF Coningsby, so I can be there for the approaching historic occasion.

But the panicmongerers will conveniently ignore this statement in that Beeb article, which has already been amended this morning to reduce the impact of the bleeding glimpse of the obvious truth about El Niño;

“This natural phenomenon is the most powerful fluctuation in the climate system anywhere on Earth.” 8-|

I believe the clue is in that beautiful word NATURAL... ~X(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate Crisis? I’m not the only Barking mad..

#638 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:40 pm

What a spiffingly great idea and if they get a move on with it then we won’t havta worry about Net-Zero in 168 hours time or whenever is the latest target date;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... y-sun.html

In that case please can I have my gas boiler and my ICE car back?

But have they thought about the tides and how they work...? :-? :-w

And are we going to drag all those satellites which tell us where we are on Earth along as well?

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#639 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:12 am

Greta Thundberg on the Sky News site and she's wearing Norah Batty stockings, wrinkles and all. Very sexy...
Greta Thurnberg sexy????

OFSO, I`m getting a bit worried about you!! :-o

Shirley you jest!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#640 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:53 am

You could not make this up!

Yesterday in England, one of the last coal-fired electricity generating stations had to be literally fired up because the summer temperatures reduced the efficiency of the millions of solar panels and the slack winds meant many turbines were not spinning.

Additionally many folks were using fans and air-conditioning whilst some gas-fired generators were off-line due to scheduled maintenance.

We really are overdue for towing Earth away from the sun to reduce Glowball Warming, so what is Dishy Rishi doing about it as he and his predecessor squabble over whose fault it is that the country is going down the plug hole?! ~X(