Climate Crisis!!!!

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Rossian
Capt
Capt

Re: Climate Crisis!!!!

#761 Post by Rossian » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:11 am

Madame and I planted (caused to be planted) 1800 trees in 1996. Was that too soon to count? That's on just under two acres and the birches are forcing the oaks to reach for the sky. So when the birches die in about 40 years it will be Rossians Oak Wood. When my grandson was small I could see him baffled by the oaks growing for 300 years, living for 300 years and taking 300 years to die. How do you know that Grandad? Grandads know everything son.

The Ancient Mariner

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#762 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:11 pm

From the OP;
AtomKraft wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:58 pm
Started off as 'Global Warming', then 'Climate Change' then the 'Climate Emergency' and now I hear Biden declaring a 'Climate Crisis'.

Well, the tone of the rhetoric is certainly heating up, even if the actual temp isn't.

I call BS on this whole "crisis". A degree or two or three is something we can certainly adapt to, as we have done in the past.

It's all a complete load of bollocks!
Do I detect serious thread drift?

Tree planting's long term effects will not serve to assuage the consciences of the current Climate Emergency Fearmomgers who believe we can do something NOW to stop the incipient barbecuing of Homo Sapiens and those species who have survived despite the best efforts of mankind.

So can we please stick to the topic? :-?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#763 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:34 am

And now, a short explanation of "The Science" which has escaped like the 'plague' from the laboratories of PCR and has now taken over the weather, sorry, The Climate Crisis/Emergency as we all tremble at the prospect of being baked in the pizza oven.

Just don't pay any attention to the stats of old, they can't possibly be relevant nor accurate.

Of course Auntie BBC has waded into the argument with it's usual arrogant debunking claims, probably because they are leading the fearmongering and their BBC Climate Editor Justin Rowlatt having to defend flying to Spain to report on heatwave horror... X(

I'm sure Spanish camerapersons and reporters are just as competent at reporting on summer wildfires in addition to being able to speak fluent English!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#764 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:13 pm

It would appear that on the surface, some "reliable" sources need a good grounding before they air their information on burning EUrope;

https://expose-news.com/2023/07/29/when ... -bbc-lies/

BM - you already covered this in viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6211&start=740#p372778

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#765 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:22 pm

Rossian, about the same time I saw an advert for free trees. They were intended for schools and parks etc. I rang up and found we could benefit at Waddington.

I was on the environmental committee and told the chairman OC EES. All we had to do was drive to Spalding and collect them. At this point I had no idea what was on offer, nor had we consulted DOE (or whoever) where we might dig holes or SATCO who worried about Birdlife.

Give the MTO the credit but he found out what was available. Under the guise of a driver training exercise they sent a 10 ton truck and trailer. It returned laden with trees ip to 15 feet tall.

If you know Waddington, there is a magnificent avenue down to what was EES, the Gin Palace at the south end of the tech site. There is another wood on the east side near the old bomb dump too.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#766 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:15 pm

As I posted Sun May 14, 2023 9:07 am

"From the Daily Torygraph last week;

“Fresh Blow to Net Zero as British Gas Refuses to Install Heat Pumps in Millions of Homes Because They Don’t Work.

British Gas has thrown a large spanner into the Government’s Net Zero ambitions by stating that it will refuse to install heat pumps in millions of homes where they won’t make it warm enough".

And now more bad news, for those who believe a freezer operating in reverse mode will keep them (and the 'hot water') warm in a British winter, here's a confession from the bloke who actually markets them to the sheeple;

:---"Major Heat Pump Supplier Attacks Plans to Replace Gas Boilers With Heat Pumps Saying They “Don’t Work” in the Cold.

In a stunning intervention, a major heat pump supplier has attacked Scottish Government plans to use them to replace gas boilers in Scotland, warning they don’t work well enough in the cold. The Telegraph has the story.

Lord Willie Haughey, the business tycoon, said the heating system is unsuitable for the Scottish climate as its performance declines markedly in freezing weather.

The Labour peer said some units can stop working properly at temperatures of -5°C (23°F), or require more electricity to function properly, resulting in higher bills.

Parts of Scotland hit –15°C last winter and the country holds the record for the U.K.’s lowest temperature of –27.2°C seen in Braemar in Aberdeenshire in 1982 and Altnaharra in Sutherland in 1995.

The multi-millionaire, who owns a heat pump company, also warned they were noisy and only heated water to 54°C (129.2°F) – less than the 60°C recommended by the Health and Safety Executive to kill the legionella bacteria.

His intervention came after Patrick Harvie, a Scottish Green minister, last week unveiled plans for homes to receive lower environmental ratings if they are heated using gas boilers.

From 2025, homes will need to achieve an EPC rating of C or above at certain trigger points, including a sale, meaning some properties with boilers will be barred from being put on the market.

A strategy published by ministers in 2021 said that the average cost of installing a heat pump is around £10,000, four times the £2,500 cost of a new fossil fuel boiler. Lord Haughey said the cost was now £15,000.

Air source heat pumps work by extracting heat from the air while ground source pumps are powered by cables buried quite deep in the earth next to the house.

The pump then uses electricity to amplify that energy into heat for the home. They were originally developed as air conditioning systems.

Lord Haughey, who made his millions through a global refrigeration business, said: “I have a heat pump company and following Patrick Harvie’s announcement, I should really be jumping for joy. But the truth of the matter is that heat pumps don’t work as efficiently in Scotland as they do in other countries.”
Is this the heat pump industry’s Gerald Ratner moment?---:"

My only quibble with this article is that I believe the heat from ground source pumps is extracted from brine filled pipes buried quite deep in the earth next to the house, although the many pedants here will argue the electricity required to run the heat pumps might indeed arrive at the premises by buried cables in some instances...

prospector
Capt
Capt

#767 Post by prospector » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:59 pm

BM,
Finally had the time to watch the Neil Olliver clip to the end. It covers a lot of ground. What got me was the piece about the Bidens influence in Ukraine, just after I posted the piece about the Chief Ukranian prosecutor being sacked for daring to look into Bidens dealings with Burisma gas and oil company. If the happenings in 2014 were properly investigated than perhaps the conflict now may not have started.

talmacapt
Capt
Capt

#768 Post by talmacapt » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:13 am

Re heatpumps.

I live in Finland and heat my house by heat pump but it is a ground source heat pump and it is very efficient, certainly to -37c (the lowest temperature I have recorded, here, in 22 years).

It does, as BM states, utilise a brine filled pipe that extends some 125m into the ground (more modern systems utilise depths of 250m).

Alternative methods are the use of pipes on the bottom of large lakes or buried horizontaly in large tracts of land.

An air source heat pump, as the good Lord stated, is useless in cold temperatures.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#769 Post by John Hill » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:30 am

But the truth of the matter is that heat pumps don’t work as efficiently in Scotland as they do in other countries.
This should not come as a surprise to anyone who has even the most tenuous grasp on the physics involved.
On the other hand, I presume summer time air conditioners work very well in Scotland?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

talmacapt
Capt
Capt

#770 Post by talmacapt » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:15 am

I do have an air source heat pump, which I use for air conditioning the bedroom area.

I do not use it for heating.

It works very well in Finland, on the few days it is hot enough to be required.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#771 Post by OneHungLow » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:20 pm

This is for our resident climate change denier, vaccine conspiracy theorist and many other things. Including, beguiling wit, sometime pilot and the product of a Catholic school, our good friend bm.

Fill yer boots bm! =))

I disagree with everything she's says (actually she doesn't say anything at all about anything save for about the warm weather, but that's a conspiracy too), but, she is still hot, like the weather over large parts of the world.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#772 Post by tango15 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:35 pm

I've just been reading that Iran is closing down for a couple of days, which will lead into a nice long weekend for them. As I remember, this is not unusual in Iran. They are citing the excessive heat as the reason, but I went to Iran several times at this time of the year during the 70s, and yes it is hot. I certainly remember 40C+. I was in Ahwaz, the centre of the country at the time, and these were not unusual temperatures. During the afternoons, things tended to quieten down a little, but overall, life carried on as normal.
It seems that the media has now discovered that it gets hot in the Middle East in the summer and is now blaming it on global warming.
From Wiki:
Ahwaz has a subtropical hot desert climate (Köppen climate classification BWh) with long, hot summers and cool, short winters. Summer temperatures are regularly at least 45 °C (113 °F), sometimes exceeding 50 °C (122 °F),[21] with many sandstorms and duststorms common during the summer period. On June 29, 2017, the temperature reached 54 °C (129 °F)

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#773 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:02 am

Omigawd, I might have been wrong in denying that mankind has been affecting the climate with their activities ! :-o

:---"Global climate engineering operations are the most massive untold story of all. How are such obvious and extensive operations kept from public awareness? How toxic are the climate engineering elements that are being dispersed into our skies? How can the illegal climate intervention operations be fully exposed and halted? All of these issues and more are discussed in this exchange between US presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Dane Wigington from GeoengineeringWatch"---:

Enjoy the following video and as it is Truetube and not (yet) banned, then it must be a true and accurate reflection on the topic;

I am still ambivalent about the chemtrails theories but glad that Dane Wigington clarifies the issue of wingtip and/or flap-wing vapour trails at low level.

O H L, many thanks for your video of the weather wench, I did not fill my boots but detected a filling of another type, causing me to seek refuge and distraction from her synoptic chart! :))

And the accusation in the this Geoengineering video, suggesting gagging of weatherpersons, is truly deviant. =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#774 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:05 pm

As in Project Fear Mk1, "The Science" looks to be just one large financial con similar to the plandemic, but at least they both currently give a lot of employment and remuneration to folks who otherwise might have been forced to sign on for jobless benefits.

https://brownstone.org/articles/rise-an ... n-littles/

And just as in the halcyon days of the 'plague', here are some basic questions listed in the article which have often been posed but have rarely, if ever, been satisfactorily answered;

:---"Everyone needs to become a scientific reviewer, especially when watching the Chicken Littles of our media world. You need to ask the basic questions:
How was the data obtained?
Where was the data obtained?
What are the controls that allow for a proper reference point for the data?
Has data been excluded? If so, why?
Is the data representative?
Are we talking about simple, static systems or complex, dynamic systems?
Are there other explanations for the data besides what is being given?
Was the data computer-generated? If so, what were the assumptions and parameters that were used?
Are there arguments or debating points? If so, what are they? If they are being suppressed, why?
Are there historical perspectives?
Have the definitions changed? If so, why and is there a consensus on the new definition?
Why in years past did you report summer temperatures in black font on green map backgrounds and now you push everything in red?
What is the standard qualification and/or reference point for using red or orange in your messaging?
If what you are reporting is being reported as some sort of record, how far back does that data reliably go back to? Have the previous records been measured from that same exact location? Have there been any confounding issues that have changed the location or sampling?
And so on. In science, there is no question that is too dumb. Even the basic question “I am afraid that I do not understand, can you please explain it to me?” is rational and deserves to be explained"--:

As I breathlessly await the next outburst from this lot, home of the infamous Neil Ferguson surrounded by eminent Climate Modellers;

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/search/?q=Climate+Modelling

I thought fondly of the climate model posted here by OHL on Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:20 pm and fervently hope that we are not once again hoodwinked by such as this example;

https://www.aier.org/article/the-failur ... n-we-knew/

But they are employing enough folks to make it worth their collective whiles, so let's see what their apocalyptic predictions say about us all being barbecued, if one can believe them?!?!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate crisis

#775 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:26 am

A story about the heavily subsidised wind energy scam in the UK, where traditionally 25% of energy bills have been loaded for years by a “Green Levy”, but the only howling about higher costs traditionally has concentrated on the 5% VAT;

https://www.netzerowatch.com/a-fairy-st ... ind-costs/

And now on to the shock horror of ice sheets melting

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/08/08/cla ... an-normal/

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#776 Post by barkingmad » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:36 am

More evidence of selective and biased presentation of Glowball Emergency statistics caught in the act by this snippet;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/08/09/wha ... as-normal/

The Average Temperature Anomaly graph presented accurately mimics my heart trace when I observe the MSM Fearmongering taking place anytime some “weather” affects anywhere on the globe, luckily I have mastered the operation of the mute and/or channel change buttons by instinct, so the aberration is mercifully short-lived! :O3

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#777 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:41 am

Somehow I doubt very much if information such as this will receive publicity, if only for debate between the Fearmongers and the much-derided sceptics;

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4433/14/8/1244

A neat summary from the conclusions, though I suspect the word ‘not’ has been accidentally left in the text relating to gas pipelines;

“There seems to be no connection between carbon dioxide and the temperature of the Earth...Accordingly, the policies used by policymakers need to be changed to eliminate the burial of carbon dioxide underground, not provide large sums of public money to foreign firms to build battery factories, and realize that we will still need the oil and gas industry in the future. It is an essential part of the economy, and in the future, any necessary pipelines should not be seriously considered. The gas tax should be eliminated.”

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#778 Post by OFSO » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:20 am

Just comparing shock horror unbearable heat wave predictions in media for temperatures in our part of the world next week, with Catalan TV news predictions which are 3-4° lower, and again with local forecast for our town, which is 3-4° lower than that, again, and comparable to the summer temperatures we get every year. An intolerable wave of bullsh*t, not heat.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#779 Post by OFSO » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:40 pm

Re above, suddenly and very quickly it become very hot late in the afternoon. So I apologise for false information..... Wrist slapped.....

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#780 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:06 pm

S'OK - you are probably just near one of BM's 'UHIs' - it is not really hot.