Climate Crisis!!!!

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate Crisis!!!!

#681 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:10 am

Slight Thread Drift
The gun issue, from where I am, seems to be mostly low lifes taking each other out.
T`was much the same here in Australia some years back when there was a bit of a `disagreement` amongst some Criminal gangs in Melbourne IIRC.

The Police Chief went public with the usual concerns\outrage etc but it was kept quiet that the Police Farce were actually somewhat unconcerned as the shootings were just various low lifes taking each other out.

Think that much the same happened in Sydney at one time.

Back to the original subject.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#682 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:12 am

From a military point of view, you wait till the intra-criminal gunfire exchange is over....then shoot the survivors.
That's where the police are going wrong ;)))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#683 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:43 am

Meanwhile, back on topic, it’s good ’noos’ that Sleepy Joe has the Climate Emergency solution ready to deploy, presumably thanks to that medical eggspurt William Gates already involved in this cunning plan;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rming.html

As the UK meteorologists promise us all record high temperatures in July, presumably from Neil Ferguson style modelling, what proof is there that TPTB have not been meddling already with the opacity of the upper atmosphere and we’ve been suffering the consequences which they regularly allege with panic headlines?

What could possibly go wrong with this tried and tested idea...? ~X(

As this is posted (and hopefully read) in July, in the Northern Hemisphere, I thought it wise to include the conventional definition of summer, which occurs most years here when it’s not peeing with rain;

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... ish/summer =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#684 Post by Boac » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:16 pm

BM wrote:As the UK meteorologists promise us all record high temperatures in July, presumably from Neil Ferguson style modelling
Do you have a link to this forecast that you assume comes from a Neil Ferguson or is this yet another product of your 'furtile' imagination? The forecast I have is for average or possibly below average temperatures in the UK for July.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#685 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:52 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:16 pm
BM wrote:As the UK meteorologists promise us all record high temperatures in July, presumably from Neil Ferguson style modelling
Do you have a link to this forecast that you assume comes from a Neil Ferguson or is this yet another product of your 'furtile' imagination? The forecast I have is for average or possibly below average temperatures in the UK for July.
No, I don't, apart from every goddamned MSM report this morn that we've just had the hottest June for however long their gnat-like memories can cope and once again mention of that obscure RAF station which has certainly got it's quota of UHI and we've all gotta get frightened again by the 'furtile' Fearmongers;

"Temperatures may have eased throughout much of the UK in recent days, but Brits who love or loathe the sun are watching with interest to see if we’re likely to see a return of hot weather this July.
Sunday 25 June was the joint hottest day of the year so far, with a temperature of 32.2°C recorded in Conningsby, Lincolnshire, but temperatures quickly fell after this unseasonable spike.
There were record-breaking conditions throughout the UK last July, with temperatures reaching 40°C for the first time in several places, with the blistering heat causing widespread disruption". :-o

And before the pile-on starts because it's a D M reference, here is some evidence that officialdom in the USA is also dabbling in atmospheric modification.

https://expose-news.com/2023/07/01/cia- ... hemtrails/

Fast Forwards to 12 minutes in, if his rant about Brexit and other threats to the Globalists' ambitions threaten an early nap. i-)

This implies that mankind is indeed responsible for the climate trends, but maybe not due to us peasants simply trying to get on with life (and an earlier death than that for which we'd prepared)... ~X(

And much to my surprise previously in these pages another O-N member said they reckoned the theory of chemtrails had some credence so I'm not the only swivel-eyed looney here, though I will attract the densest flak for raising the possibility.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#686 Post by Boac » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:41 pm

Aha! So you made that up. Good of you to confess. I wonder if there is more? Did you notice that your much-hyped 'UHI' at RAF Coningsby produced that 'record temperature' on 25th June - a Sunday? Obviously a UHI there with all that jet engine stuff producing those exaggerated and unreliable temperatures. Got any other nonsense to peddle? Got any link to the 'O-N' member who you tell us "said they reckoned the theory of chemtrails had some credence"? Who is this person you say is another "swivel-eyed looney"? perhaps they would like to protest their innocence?

Just to blow your little 'theory' further out of the water, we had a report from 'bob2s' that tells you that another UHI managed to produce a lower temperature than the surroundings. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6634&p=369718&hilit=raaf#p369718 Oh - I know, of course, in the Southern hemisphere (of this flat earth?) I suppose a UHI works the other way? :-? It's a good job no-one takes any notice of your meteorological nonsense!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#687 Post by Boac » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:55 pm

Here's the Met Office's take on it. (NB Multiple UHI's across the UK?) https://inews.co.uk/news/met-office-rev ... rd-2449867

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#688 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:07 pm

boac sez:----"Did you notice that your much-hyped 'UHI' at RAF Coningsby produced that 'record temperature' on 25th June - a Sunday?"

I'm relieved to learn that in our 2023 RAF, with a live shooting war in eastern Europe, the boys and girls (of all colours!) are now getting Sunday "off" and there are unlikely to be any departures/arrivals of paraffin burning jets in this sleepy rural village!

I thought UHI did not necessarily require aircraft and that acres of concrete, tarmac, buildings' roofs etc were all that was needed for UHI to figure significantly?

But obviously you've been doing your homework and now they no longer actually influence the Stevenson screen measurements.

So there has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about... =))

So does this mean I can finally cease worrying about the eggspurt's 1970s warning of a rapidly approaching Ice Age and configure for more insect repellant and sunscreen cream? :-?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#689 Post by Boac » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:30 pm

BM wrote:I thought UHI did not necessarily require aircraft
You need to monitor who is using your username, because someone posted
Is this the same “Climate Warming” observed at RAF Coningsby during aircraft operations there last summer?
for you recently.

As to
So there has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about... =))
- no, I don't think there has been any change................ =)) =))

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#690 Post by Dushan » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:08 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:19 am

Our inflation rate is running about double the national average too, and way beyond wage increases.
I suspect the near clean sweep of Atlantic Provinces for the Liberals could crash and burn at the next election. People round here don't forget.
Turdeau is burning his bridges.

Fox, from your mouth to God's ears, but I am afraid Skippy will find some way to bribe the masses in the Atlantic provinces or scare them in some way. Were you around when the Liberals ran the "Canadian soldiers, in Canadian cities" ads to scare people about Harper?

Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#691 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:32 pm

Well, since the problem is directly due to the Liberal attempts to "solve the climate crisis", Trudy is between a rock and a hard place.
He can't bribe us without either cutting climate initiatives, or printing more money, which now raises inflation almost the next day.

Personally, I think he will try to win over more to the liberals in the big cities, probably with big spending promises, and hope the PCs can't offer enough of a bribe to get us to switch.
And he'll fail in that.
However, turnout is dropping rapidly here. Many have given up on politicians and politics in general. He might just squeak it if he can get a very high (relatively) turnout among die-hard Liberals.

I arrived in 2010.

I think every party in government in the west is likely to lose because of the cost of climate change measures/inflation, and all the opposition need to do is make a few simple promises and stay vague on the rest.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#692 Post by Dushan » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:15 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:32 pm
and all the opposition need to do is make a few simple promises and stay vague on the rest.
And not to try to outwoke the Libs because they will never vote Conservative. Better stay on the right and get your base to come out than to have them stay home because you are looking too much like the lefties.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#693 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:31 am

Green Murder: We have a crisis but it’s not a climate crisis...

“We have a problem with a crisis. It’s not a crisis of climate. It’s a crisis of common sense. It’s a crisis of government policy. It’s a crisis of education … Green policy leads to people dying … We are killing people with green policies,” Professor Ian Plimer said.

Ian Plimer is an Australian geologist and author. He is Professor Emeritus of Earth Sciences at the University of Melbourne. Last October he spoke at a Conservative Political Action Network (“CPAC”) Conference held in Sydney. He titled his speech ‘Green Murder’, the same title as his book published in 2021.

“I don’t have opinions I have demonstrable facts,” he said. “These facts are validated and these facts are repeatable.”

“No one has ever shown that human emissions of carbon dioxide drive global warming. It’s never been shown. And if it could be shown, then you would have to show that the 97% of emissions, which are natural, do not drive global warming. Game over. We are dealing with a fraud. That’s a scientific fraud from day one.

“We can show that when we had natural warming, some 650 to 6 000 years later we had an increase in carbon dioxide. It’s not carbon dioxide driving temperature, it’s the exact inverse.

“We never hear about the major greenhouse gas – which is water vapour … when we evaporate water, we need energy to do that … and when you precipitate that water – as rain, snow or ice – it gives out it actually exactly the same amount that it took up as water vapour. It is water vapour – and water, clouds, whatever form it’s in – [is] the air conditioner of our planet’s atmosphere.

“We’ve had thousands of Highly qualified imminent people predicting the end of the world. If just one of these was correct, we wouldn’t be here. So, there’s only one type of prediction you can make which is correct. And that is: if someone predicting the end of the world knocks on your door, [set] the dog onto them because you’ve got history on your side.

“We have a problem with a crisis. It’s not a crisis of climate. It’s a crisis of common sense. It’s a crisis of government policy. It’s a crisis of education … Green policy leads to people dying … We are killing people with green policies.”

Hurrahs to Chinaaah for saving the World from their own projected billions of coal burning in the next few years.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/11604419 ... report-fin :YMAPPLAUSE:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#694 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:36 am

Back in the Norn hemisphere, there are lies, damned lies and Met Office statistics.

Like the BBC “Archers” radio soap opera, we holiday in Wales and then return to that tortured sleepy rural village in Lincolnshire where the Stevenson screen nestles peacefully midst the summer vegetation;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/07/05/met ... out-by-2c/

Someone who might be a genuine journalist has evidently been doing their homework to extract the data for this clarification of whether it was the Station Commander’s summer barbecue or live aircraft operations which caused the Climate Emergency ‘spike’ in what was puffed as the UK’s hottest day;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/06/28/exc ... -recorded/

But never let the facts, especially those pertaining to weather versus climate, get in the way of a few good attention-grabbing headlines.

If/when this Project Fear Mk2 finally unravels then there are quite a few academics who will be out of a job when the university faculty money hose is finally turned off. 8-|

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#695 Post by Boac » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:03 am

BM wrote:But never let the facts, especially those pertaining to weather versus climate, get in the way of a few good attention-grabbing headlines.
You said it.
Three Typhoon Jets Landed Next to Thermometer
What a crass, ignorant, inaccurate, over-hyped, stupid headline. :-?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#696 Post by Boac » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:27 pm

Only a fool would deny that the climate is changing, and that global temperatures are rising, bringing more extreme weather. Apart from our expert who believes it is the RAF at Coningsby causing it, we really do not know what causes the climatic variations on the earth, and it is worth remembering that it is thought that at least 50 'Ice ages' have occurred in the history of the planet.

We have the Milankovitch cycles and other probably unknown effects in play. We have the change in the atmosphere that industrial development has caused. Some postulate that our increase in CO2 in the atmosp[her may have delayed the next ice age by millenia.

Surely it is necessary to stop all the bickering and postulating that is going on and recognise the facts? We are facing a climate 'crisis' and the significant warming in summer that we see will drive loss of food production and lead to mass migration over time.

Are we in the world doing enough to harden civilisation against the coming problems? None of us will see the real issues as we will be 'gone', but that does not mean that we should not be thinking about measures, unless we simply adopt the Elon Musk policy and look to humanity moving out.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#697 Post by Pinky the pilot » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:18 pm

Some postulate that our increase in CO2 in the atmosphere may have delayed the next ice age by millenia.
I do not have any actual reference to it, but I once read somewhere that samples of Ice cores drilled somewhere, possibly in the Antarctic, showed that in the last Ice age CO2 levels in the thousands of parts per million.

Have a vague idea that `Chimbu Chuckles` once posted something like that years ago in a thread on that site which must not be mentioned! [-X
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#698 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:45 am

Meanwhle in a happy untroubled World 11 years ago;

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/13/ ... -airports/

Met Office Heat Warning: Contains Aviation Content!

Is that the same Al Gore who has purchased and is living in a multi-million dollar Atlantic coast mansion threatened by the ever-rising tides? :-? =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#699 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:17 am

More about this 'property' please? What is the implication of this 'purchase' by Mr Gore? Why is it significant? By the way, you missed this gem https://www.publishersweekly.com/9780060011413 for your coronabollocks thread. Surely you can get your friend Bill Gates into that story or is Mr Gore involved in this 'project'?

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#700 Post by OneHungLow » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:07 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:17 am
More about this 'property' please? What is the implication of this 'purchase' by Mr Gore? Why is it significant? By the way, you missed this gem https://www.publishersweekly.com/9780060011413 for your coronabollocks thread. Surely you can get your friend Bill Gates into that story or is Mr Gore involved in this 'project'?

I was hoping for a "Vaccines Cause Climate Change Conspiracy" article! =))
The observer of fools in military south and north...