NHS 1% pay rise

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: NHS 1% pay rise

#21 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:12 am

More on our disgruntled NHS workers and their justifiable grievances, but as yet no news of the cull of “management consultants” who still thrive on leeching the blood out of the organisation and their modus operandi ensure that their lethal infection of the NHS, along with the debilitating results, continues unabated;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/07/01/nhs ... their-pay/

And nobody seems to find it odd that ‘Jeremy from accounts’ is now holding the purse strings of the organisation for which he was formerly the gaffer for several years and which appears to still be suffering from his spell at the helm? :-?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:57 am

“Gaius Petronius Arbiter Quote - "We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress”.

But the bright sunlit uplands are now in sight and it’ll all get better, just like the patients;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/07/07/mor ... orked-yet/

One appetising taster from the article is this;

“If there were an award for the world’s most mismanaged national health project, England’s National Programme for IT in the NHS would be a strong contender, if not outright winner. Started in 2002, Tony Blair’s brainchild has, like the computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey, gone badly wrong… Given the ineptitude that has characterised this project, disaster was almost certain. According to a new report by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC), the Department has failed to get value for the vast sums of money that it has paid contractors”.

So ensure you download that NHS app onto your smartphone, so when you’re having your heart attack or stroke, they can text you the contact details of your closest undertaker/funeral parlour...

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by 1DC » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:36 pm

I had a biopsy done in Nottinghamshire on behalf of a consultant in Lincolnshire. My Oncology consultant in North East Lincolnshire wanted to see the report.Nottinghamshire sent the results on line to Lincolnshire. The Oncologist said to me that the quickest way he would get to see the report would be for me to request the Lincolnshire consultant to send me a paper copy of the report by post and then for me to send it on to him.I did that I requested the copy which came in two days and then sent it to the Oncologist. Apparently communication between hospitals in Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire is so difficult it takes weeks, Lincolnshire hospitals do not allow NE Lincolnshire hospitals to view their computers.
Maybe a job for Bliar when Charmer gets voted in..