Mental Health....

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Mental Health....

#21 Post by Boac » Sat May 22, 2021 10:43 am

I have the love of my slightly younger wife
That'll be the one that's only good for pumping then? =))

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Woody » Sat May 22, 2021 11:16 am

I do believe one of the main causes of so many homeless people on the streets, and living in motels at taxpayers expense, was the short sighted view of shutting down all our mental hospitals, people could get treated for their problems without having to resort to living on the street and begging, something that never, or very seldom occurred fifty odd years ago when these establishments were still in operation. And remember, it was politicians that decided these establishments had to close,
Similar problem in the UK, it’s called the Care in the Community project, saving millions in the short term, closing hospitals and clinics, how much it’s cost in extra policing due to the number of murders and other offences caused by and on those abandoned by the system is not revealed :-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#23 Post by Smeagol » Sat May 22, 2021 7:00 pm

prospector wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:43 am
I do believe one of the main causes of so many homeless people on the streets, and living in motels at taxpayers expense, was the short sighted view of shutting down all our mental hospitals, people could get treated for their problems without having to resort to living on the street and begging, something that never, or very seldom occurred fifty odd years ago when these establishments were still in operation. And remember, it was politicians that decided these establishments had to close,
+1
We hates Bagginses!

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Undried Plum » Sat May 22, 2021 8:41 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:57 pm
I've been mental for about 50 years, but I've never felt the need to broadcast it.
Hhhmmmm....

Lemme stroke my beard and have a think about that, mate.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by AtomKraft » Sun May 23, 2021 10:25 pm

Alright Plum, you've got me on a technicality!

I might be a bit nutty, but so are most pilots.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun May 23, 2021 11:41 pm

I might be a bit nutty, but so are most pilots.
Recently overheard a podcast that my wife was listening to, in which it was said that the only humans that can seriously multi-task, are .........pilots.

She disagreed, reckoned I can't even concentrate on one task for a successful conclusion. ( at least, to her standard )

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by barkingmad » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:49 am

I belatedly realised that my self esteem was sinking ever lower every day under the relentless barrage of being told I had white privilege and “my sort” were responsible for all the misfortunes which are inflicted on the the BAMEs.

I had considered ‘blacking up’ akin to the mode adopted by Justin Turd’eau in order to avoid these accusations which were slowly destroying me.

And then I stumble across this brave nurse, who brilliantly highlights what has and is going wrong in guvvment and corporate organisations worldwide;

For those unable/unwilling to view the vid, I append 2 of the many comments which accompany the video to give a flavour of the topic.

“At a hospital in Northern Ireland, they spent 100.000 pounds on a bronze sculpture "celebrating diversity" - which looks like a gigantic pair of bollocks. No cafe in the new wing, not even a vending machine. Patients and visitors have to travel 10 minutes in lifts and along corridors to another wing to get a drink or a snack. While the bronze bollocks occupy a space perfect for a small cafe or self-service rest area. Oh, and my mother lay for 72 hours in A&E awaiting treatment, on a gurny in a corridor for 24 of those hours - no drink, snack, no toileting, and freezing. Fortunately I was there with her to see to her needs. I think the nurses must have been busy producing the "Healthy Eating Guidelines For Seniors" ***** that adorned the walls!.”

And;

“The NHS has been broken for decades. I used to work for them, their managers (failed nurses) bullied the ward nurses beyond belief and I saw virtually every nurse cry as a result. I was so disgusted that I handed my notice in and told them exactly what I thought of them and strongly suggested they get management training if they valued their careers. One of the bullies cried like a baby and I was told I didn't need to work my notice and could go immediately on full pay (I couldn't wait to get out of that place). This racist issue doesn't surprise me as their management are as thick as two short planks. These are the miseries in charge of your care, THIS is what you're forced to pay for!”

Unsurprisingly Ginge & Nutmeg felt their ‘elf was adversely affected in the UK and departed these shores for a far better place where folks are sooh much more stable and happier... :-?

But on viewing this conversation I am much more content at the thought there are brave souls out there countering the madness, even when it risks the destruction of their careers at this well-known institution! :YMAPPLAUSE: