The NHS and your medical records

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The NHS and your medical records

#21 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Mrs Ex-A, please don't apply fact logic and reason. I suspect that like all stats the figures don't tell the whole story.
Of the 691 million rapid tests given out between March and May this year, a result was only registered for 14 per cent.
As the tests are packed in sets of 7 is that 691m individual test kits or 99m sets?

Is it possible that the test is so obnoxious that they take one and then no more?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:51 pm

When I was recently admited to hospital, I had a test for Covid - which I 'feared', however it was not as intrusive as I suspected.

ribrash

#23 Post by ribrash » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:39 pm
Mrs Ex-A, please don't apply fact logic and reason. I suspect that like all stats the figures don't tell the whole story.
Of the 691 million rapid tests given out between March and May this year, a result was only registered for 14 per cent.
As the tests are packed in sets of 7 is that 691m individual test kits or 99m sets?

Is it possible that the test is so obnoxious that they take one and then no more?
The test is very simple and easy to self administer,unless you are a snowflake.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:48 pm

Really, it can make you gag and then sneeze. They very idea of sticking something up your nose can seem too much, but after its been down your throat first, YUK.

So far I have done 17 and had one done by a nurse. Must admit the one the nurse did was easy.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by FD2 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:07 pm

There was a threat back about 2012 or earlier that the amazing NHS Database, which was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, was going to have our medical records uploaded to it unless we 'opted out'. We both did opt out because we suspected that the Database was going to be a hugely expensive flop and subject to the usual hacking attacks. As far as I know it has been an incredibly expensive flop.

The result, I hope, is that our instructions to our local GP Medical Practice Manager in Northumberland were obeyed and so they are not available to be lost to the first decent hacking attack that occurs from Russia, Korea, China etc etc. Am I naive to think that our records are 'safe' from these latest proposals and if not then someone with his brain in his head rather than in his pants, who is on top of his brief, perhaps like the new Health Minister, will sort the mess out?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:46 am

FD2, assuming my records are computerised and what is entered by my nurse in the hospital is transmitted to my GPI am not already on a database?

Now, whether I am or not already on a database, who is going to sit down and do the sort and sift? What could possibly go wrong?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Boac » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:57 am

There are databases and databases, with all sorts of different access. It was the prospect of the 'access' being given to any money-grabbing Health Minister's mate commercial enterprise that worried many.

We all know that HMG are completely reliable when it comes to looking after data as shown by the 'finding' of the HMS Defender briefs.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:18 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:51 pm
When I was recently admited to hospital, I had a test for Covid - which I 'feared', however it was not as intrusive as I suspected.
My experience too. I hardly knew it had been done. Doing it ourselves we are probably a bit more vigorous than necessary.

I found another reason for some reduction in reporting, apart from not bothering, it manipulation. The reagent capsules could be difficult for those with poor eyesight to use. I had a fail this morning. I didn't get enough reagent into the test tube and had to do a second; that's one missing.