Is there anything, that the pathetic British will not put up with?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Is there anything, that the pathetic British will not put up with?

#21 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:48 pm

Or they spent the last year polishing their CVs

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:23 am

In answer to the O P question, it appears definitely NO.

As this roundup of our dreadful politicos' performances illustrates

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Woody » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:45 pm

Richard Tice, yet another one who can’t keep it in his trousers :ymdevil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Tice
When all else fails, read the instructions.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Half the Country's **** itself.

That's todays pathetic "Great" Britain.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by boing » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:07 am

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-stu ... nated.html

Apparently CDC was surprised by this result and hence they are now recommending more masking. I suppose masking may be useful but with a variant that is reportedly 1000 times more infectious than the original one doubts that masks are now 1000 times more effective. It is still bemusing why the CDC resolutely refuses to properly test such treatments as Ivermectin which appears to have some benefits based on real World usage. Surely at this point any prophylactic that would help even mildly should be investigated.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:23 am

I haven't read anything about Ivermectin yet, but compared with drinking bleach or shoving a UV light up your ass, it might be worth a try. :-?

PP

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:33 am

I can attest to the latter, well LED any way, not being particularly desirable.

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#28 Post by unifoxos » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:17 am

I can attest to the latter, well LED any way, not being particularly desirable.

I can agree with that, having experienced it recently, but I'd say it would be preferable to a dose of Covid.
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:32 am

boing wrote:It is still bemusing why the CDC resolutely refuses to properly test such treatments as Ivermectin
Not just the CDC, the UK as well. John Campbell has been pressing hard for the UK to look at Ivermectin use but has met a brick wall. He wonders if it is because it is so cheap that drug companies are 'preventing' its use for profit reasons. Certainly many trials in many countries prove its effectiveness in reducing the adverse effects of many viral infections, including COVID.

A reply I had about it, via my MP, was:
"Ivermectin is a safe, broad spectrum antiparasitic drug which is in wide use globally to treat parasitic infections. Currently, ivermectin for oral use is not a licensed human medicine in the United Kingdom.
With known antiviral properties, ivermectin has been shown to reduce SARS-CoV-2 replication in laboratory studies. Even though ivermectin is used routinely in some countries to treat COVID-19, there is little evidence from large-scale trials to demonstrate that it can speed up recovery from the illness or reduce hospital admission.
I understand that the Department for Health and Social Care is closely monitoring the evidence on the use of ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. A recent collection of small studies has shown some positive indications, however, further high quality, larger-scale studies are still needed to confirm the efficacy of this treatment. I am told that the Therapeutics Taskforce will keep the position on ivermectin under review as more data becomes available.
It is important that potential treatments for COVID-19 are properly studied in order to ensure their safety and efficacy. I will be following developments closely."

So, basically, kick it down the road? I'm not convinced he is 'following closely'............. I cannot see the argument against it. It works with so many illnesses. Is it just too cheap for the likes of Pfizer and J&J and others?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:10 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:23 am
I haven't read anything about Ivermectin yet, but compared with drinking bleach or shoving a UV light up your ass, it might be worth a try. :-?

PP
May I refer the honourable gentleman to my post #3355 across in the C19 thread where you can fill your boots on the Invermectin and HCQ early treatment protocols which were eventually stopped by officialdom.

Recently the MSM has started taking an interest in these outpatient treatments so the initial “snake oil” promoted by this scaredemic seems to be under scrutiny as the wheels come off the guvvments’ wagons.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:34 pm

I'm not convinced he is 'following closely'........
I don't know, maybe he has told his office manager to request the information. The information will then come into his office, followed regularly and closely by the MP.

If someone then asks a question he can ask his OM and they will then kick it up to the minister whose staff will provide yet another anodyne response which the minister will sign.

Jon done.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:35 pm

yet another anodyne response
Yes, I've had a few of those from this and the previous 'occupant' of the constituency chair. This one tells of Ministry 'Feed him tittle-tattle and hope he gets bored and goes away'. He will not.

A previous 'pass the ball' was on speeding traffic and the 'Ministry' replied via MP referring me to the Police Commissioner (who had already replied that the matter of enforcement of the law by the police "did not come under her remit" - yes, actually!)

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:58 pm

I hope she didn't get reelected.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:11 pm

She did. She is 'wonderful'. Typical Tory. Great at elections, crap at running things between elections.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by tango15 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:31 pm

On another theme, I was working at Silverstone on Friday. It was a classic car show, well attended even for a Friday, but there was a lot of rain. Only in Britain would people walk around wearing shorts, when it's not that warm anyway and carrying an opened umbrella. I suppose they couldn't resist the opportunity to show off their leg tattoos!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:18 pm

That classic definition of a Wild-eyed hairy-faced fundamentalist, (WEHFF) one Anjem Choudhry, has sadly recently been no-platformed on at least 2 social media platforms for some obscure reason.

For those who may have forgotten him, here is a short revision on his history;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ifted.html

I must admit I cannot understand why the UK taxpayer is keeping this creature in the style to which he has become accustomed since release from the legal confinement.

Are there any constructive suggestions as to how YOU would deal with the problem, if by magic you were HMG Home Secretary?

Extra bales of quality A4 paper will be distributed on which you may draft appropriate and original solutions. :-?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by OFSO » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:36 pm

I feel that in this case, packs of wild dogs have it right when they eliminate antisocial or dangerous (to their society) dogs from their midst.

And Mario Puzo, in "The Godfather" has his protagonist make a rather good speech regarding his complete lack of obligation to keeping alive those members of society he considers worthless.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:04 pm

Apparently BoJo and Carrie have spawned another brat, due to appear near Christmas this year, assuming he doesn't cancel it (Xmas) again.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/community/foru ... n-control/

Like father, like son? Maybe not, but they're hardly living up to Carrie's much praised green fanaticism which will have us all shivering in 2030 nor grandpa Stanley's ambition for the World's and the UK's population in particular.

Better not let Greta near either of these 2 studs as it would wreck her environmental reputation if she was unlucky enough to sit on a chair they'd recently vacated.

:)) =))

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:20 am

Are there any constructive suggestions as to how YOU would deal with the problem, if by magic you were HMG Home Secretary?
Just make it look like a tragic accident, 007.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:22 am

Overheard this end of a telephone conversation, from a Branch Covidian member to father-to-be BoJo, whilst at the hunting rifle range this morning;

---"”It wasn’t SARS-CoV-2 that brought the UK to it’s knees, it was an entirely malign conjunction of corrupt behavioural psychologists, cowardly and scientifically illiterate politicians and an equally cowardly and scientifically illiterate public.
A basic principle of science is that scientists making claims publish ALL the evidence and assumptions underlying those claims for scrutiny. Not once has SAGE done this.
Another basic principle is that you operate in an ethically sound way. Since when has terrifying the public with deliberate misinformation been ethically acceptable?
Meanwhile politicians have blundered on guided by nothing more than poll results. Not one single restrictive measure enacted by you, Johnson, has been tested by a comprehensive cost/benefit analysis. Not one. You, Johnson, literally do not know whether your actions have caused more harm than good.
And the ‘great’ British public? They have rolled over and accepted every removal of their freedoms. Even worse, they have happily sacrificed cancer patients and their own children’s education to be ‘protected’ from a pathogen that is no threat whatsoever to the overwhelming majority.
Well done Boris.
You have constructed this debacle and presided over the damage.
Now just go. You have killed enough people already.”---