Great British News - GBN

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Great British News - GBN

#1 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 am

Launched Sunday night, first day yesterday, have you seen it?
The launch was not that good, Big Brother, Andrew Neil, filling the screen talking at us lips moving and sound coming at a different time.
Yesterday lots of talking and the picture not particularly clear either. Coming across as very shoestring budget.

One of our TV picked up Channel 236 on Freeview but my other needed retuning.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Great British News - GBN

#2 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:29 am

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by om15 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:42 pm

News report this evening is that a woke organisation are targeting advertisers supporting GBN and attacking them with hate mail/email/online threats and so on. The craven advertisers that have pulled their advertisements so far are grolsch, Ikea and the Open University.

Free speech has never been under more threat than today, those people who are filming the illegal immigrants being helped ashore at Dover are being served injunctions to prevent the films being shown. The only free reporting available seems to be Myar Totsi, Jeff Taylor and Alex Belfield, on the one hand we have the Government not allowing reporting and on the other the hard left shutting down news outlets that they don't approve of, meanwhile in Scotland Supreme Leader Sturgeon is busy passing hate laws which contain thought crimes and locking up those who blog against her. Grim times.

I will not buy Ikea products, (never have anyway), drink Grolsh, (disgusting stuff) or have anything to do with the Open University (bit late now anyway) and I hope others share my aversions.

"They" haven't managed to shut down Alex Belfield yet, despite police raids on his house, arrested five times, but he is still transmitting

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:25 pm

I don't have anything against media presenters with regional accents, however I find Michelle Dewberry tiresome to listen to.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 pm

G CPTN +1

It's a Hull/Grimsby accent

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by 1DC » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 pm

Hull and Grimsby accents are totally different, Hull being marginally worse. She has what a Grimmy would say is an educated Yorkie accent, that is a Hully Gully trying to be posh.
Don't think a Grimmy could even try to be posh.

Hope GB News triumphs over wokery.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 am

Mrs PN was the one who mentioned Grimmy, she's from Old Clee (bit like I was from Higher Tranmere rather than Lower or Birkenhead, and Higher Bebington was even posher.

She watched GBN last night and remained impressed, especially with the political range of their contributors across the whole spectrum.
No surprise that Gove was on yesterday, but with Sunak on tonight, will we see Labour Big Guns on soon?
Neil said at the outset that there would be no shouting down and if there was they would be banned. I wonder how that will pan out with politicians programmed to avoid answering a question.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:25 am

Really sharp, this 'GB News' - already fallen for 'Mike Hunt' and 'Mike Oxlong'. Quality editorial staff! Hugh Janus beckons.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by 1DC » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:01 am

Mrs PN is slightly upmarket from me, I was born in Wollaston road. She should know where that is..

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:52 am

1DC, that's posh enough.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by FD2 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:00 am

The hate campaign against balanced news started four months ago. I can't get my head around the motives of these people who are trying their best to stifle free speech in the UK and their fellow travellers around the world. I've watched some of the GB News bulletins - lovely to watch balanced and truthful reporting by talented people. If anyone can build momentum against the woke brigade, Andrew Neil can. It's a very important fight. B-)

So more power to him and his crusade against the woke wankers, history re-writers and and assorted other tossers. In time, with more experience together, I hope the juvenile piss takers will be sorted out by them as well. :o)

Grolsch - I'm sorry about because it's a favourite, but no more for me. Likewise Ikea who are selling in Saudi Arabia which has such a humane regime but no more garbage from them. Vodafone is in the balance until they come off the fence. It would be a pity to change because I have had mobile contracts with them since about 1990. LV insurance - not needed for me here but a clue may be in their former name of Liverpool Victoria. Let's see how many more frightened CEOs come out of the woodwork. :ymsick:

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:15 am

But the Coop say no way will the countenance support of agitators by stopping advertising. As Mrs PN says, a lot of their business comes from rank and file members in shops and funeral parlours.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by FD2 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 am

Well done the Coop.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:13 pm

My verdict? Great concept, crap implementation, opportunity missed.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Ibbie » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:45 am

Wonderful to put this channel on this morning, instead of the normal, lacking in content, carp served up as "Breakfast" by BBC, today presented by two "must try harder/fail" presenters.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 am

It will be interesting to see how they develop their skills. I can never get away from the condescending images of Naga and Fiona and the hundreds of thousands salaries just fir getting up early and reading from a teleprompter.

News, by its very nature, is spontaneous and 'amateurish' so rough edges are to be expected.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Boac » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:49 pm

Silence since 20th. Any views on the channel now? My expectations were dashed.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:02 pm

There appears to be an amount of 'repeats' broadcast to fill-in gaps in the schedule.

Has anybody discovered a schedule?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Boac » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Memories of CNN's early days?

It appears there is little appetite for GBNews and I hear Neil is off.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 pm

I'll bet he's been trying to get them to sort out the audio from the start. It's really not rocket science is it?

I expect that having failed to get it fixed by asking nicely, he's now said "I'm off, give me a call when you've fixed it".