Great British News - GBN

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Great British News - GBN

#61 Post by llondel » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 pm

The website is there, but it fights with my script blocker and I CBA to figure out which things it's safe to allow so I won't be bothering to go back.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#62 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:57 pm

I regret to say that it still works on my system.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#63 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Turned off 'trackers' - normal service now restored.

Isn't technology fickle?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#64 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Nigel Farage's slot on currently is a montage of previous interviews.

ribrash

#65 Post by ribrash » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:58 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:50 pm
Nigel Farage's slot on currently is a montage of previous interviews.
I think it was said at the outset he would only be doing Mon to Thurs.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#66 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:38 pm

A short message to the (BIG) knockers in O-N, who are obviously secret 'Grauniad' readers but are probably too ashamed to admit so publicly;

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#67 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:41 pm

What does it feel like to be the total viewing public for GB News bm?

Ok, maybe your favourite taxi driver watches as well... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#68 Post by boing » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:55 am

I must say I am quite enjoying GB News. A vast improvement over the dull child reporters, blond news bimbos and unashamedly biased talking heads of the established organisations on both sides. I prefer to see the edited version of old Dopey Joe's speeches because the full version is far too tedious, the other day I thought I had accidentally pressed the pause button during one of his speeches but I then realised it was just one of his mental blank times.
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#69 Post by FD2 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 am

boing wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:55 am
I must say I am quite enjoying GB News. A vast improvement over the dull child reporters, blond news bimbos and unashamedly biased talking heads of the established organisations on both sides.
Plus 1.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#70 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:18 am

FD2 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 am
boing wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:55 am
I must say I am quite enjoying GB News. A vast improvement over the dull child reporters, blond news bimbos and unashamedly biased talking heads of the established organisations on both sides.
Plus 1.
Ah, so 3 viewers plus bm's taxi driver. Remember to hire a people carrier for the celebratory party on the 1st anniversary of the channel's existence. bm's reactionary with the silly moustache can drive! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#71 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am

Now 5?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#72 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:54 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am
Now 5?
Booster seat for PN... ;)))

Note to chef at the restaurant, The Deluded Boar, where the "celebration" is taking place, to ensure that he cooks the meat properly, not like he did for that group from UKIP that had a meal there last time with the food poisoning event that occurred. The ***** was running thick and fast, and that was even before they had even started the meal! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#73 Post by om15 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:17 am

I see that Arlene is joining GB News, that should provide us with some focussed views on the situation in NI. It does provide us with information not readily available anywhere else, it seems to be the only channel reporting on immigration problems, increasing number of trade agreements being signed and focused criticism of the Government, (as opposed to the regular superficial insults of the Tories churned out by the BBC).

Did you know that the BBC has a diversity chief (a black lady) who earns more than the Prime Minister for a 3 day week? GB News is free and it costs me pounds not to watch the BBC.

It must enrage the dopey lefties to see Nigel back in action, good stuff.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#74 Post by boing » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:03 pm

I feel the pendulum reversing direction and soon the banes of leftism and wokism will be on the smouldering trash heap where they deserve to be.

GB News will succeed not because of brilliant journalism but because it is an escape from the really trashy, doctrinaire, depressing major news outlets.
Ah, so 3 viewers plus bm's taxi driver.
GG, I am sure you will make a fine and entertaining Don Quixote.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#75 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:10 pm

boing wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:03 pm
I feel the pendulum reversing direction and soon the banes of leftism and wokism will be on the smouldering trash heap where they deserve to be.

GB News will succeed not because of brilliant journalism but because it is an escape from the really trashy, doctrinaire, depressing major news outlets.
Ah, so 3 viewers plus bm's taxi driver.
GG, I am sure you will make a fine and entertaining Don Quixote.

Boing whether I am to be Don Quixote, Sancho Panza or (God forbid) just the donkey, remains to be seen I guess.

I suppose if GBN fills a niche market then it may survive, but given that it now has Farage on board, I expect the ship GBN to founder not long after it leaves the harbour wall. ;)))

Good to have you back posting again by the way. I look forward to many more "lively debates". :-bd
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#76 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:49 pm

Now what would Katie Hopkins bring to the mix?

Maybe Beefy should join too. His column in the Torygraph would appear to make him well suited

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#77 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:57 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:49 pm
Now what would Katie Hopkins bring to the mix?

Maybe Beefy should join too. His column in the Torygraph would appear to make him well suited
They could fill the studio with these misfits and then somebody could call in a Kukri strike!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#78 Post by boing » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:09 am

Good to have you back posting again by the way. I look forward to many more "lively debates".
Seven pounds lighter, suntan on the bits I couldn't protect, much fitter and a more healthy bank account made more satisfactory by the fact I was getting my taxes back from .gov. :ymsmug:

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#79 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:01 am

boing do tell, like BM, we do worry when peeps disappear.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#80 Post by boing » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Purely a commercial time-out PN. Not only was Trump smart enough to secure a large vaccination supply for the US he was smart enough to know that the country would need substantial recovery funds when the epidemic was over. This meant that many .gov organisations recently had access to very substantial amounts of money to rebuild, a benefit that many were tardy in utilising.

The organisation we were working with was far too slow in requesting funds before a deadline at the end of June. We received a contract to do work but we had to make a max-effort to have the job completed by the end of June otherwise the organisation would not get paid. Our problem was finding enough labour. Companies we had previously worked with had gone out of business and the remainder were suddenly overloaded with work. So, I was back to work because A) I was available, B) I was the only one around who knew how the job was done. I found some OK casual labour and we hit the concrete.

Leave the shop at 0700 to get to the site, drive for an hour, work as long as the heat would allow (one day, when we did not work, the temperature got to 112F (44C) and we were working on large concrete slabs). I do not eat food during the working time apart from an energy bar so all I had for the day was a light breakfast followed by an evening meal after returning home. We had to lift and carry the steel structures that we were installing since some of the concrete was freshly laid and it would not yet support a vehicle. Much of the time the steel was too hot to handle without gloves.

So that explains the weight loss, the suntan, the fitness benefits and the nice little deposit. Perhaps strangely I feel much better for the experience.

And Joe Biden is trying to claim that he is responsible for the recovery funds established by Trump because he hopes that people will not notice that they were approved before his election.