Woke Ballocks

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Woke Ballocks

#1 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:15 pm

English Heritage are excelling themselves this week, as well as the usual claims that Sir Arthur Harris was a war criminal, they now assert that Enid Blyton was racist, xenophobia, homehobic, a nazi sympathiser and a child molester.
How much of all this rubbish do we have to accept? I have left the National Trust, boycotted Ikea, Grolsh, and Specsavers, and never, ever watch the BBC.

I think that the Amersham and Chesham by election result may be partly due to Boris's liberal approach to these commies, last year we noted that he stood back and watched statues being dumped in the water without comment, his acceptance of all this may cost him his leadership, the majority of people in the UK are exasperated by all this, if Johnson doesn't front the woke nutters up perhaps he should stand down and let someone who will have a go.
I would support Liz Truss or Penny Mordant as PM, Boris has done well with the vaccine programme and brexit, but is soaking wet when it comes to Toryism.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Woke Ballocks

#2 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:11 pm

Aye om.
It's piss poor.
I chuckled when the left elected Blair, but got a Tory, but now it's their turn to laugh as the Tories have a lefty PM.

I blame the British for keeping schtum, while a tiny number of these woke wankbags make so much noise that from a distance you'd think they were the majority.

Everything on this Earth can be overdone, including tolerance.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:19 pm

Democracy comes from the sharp end of a Kalashnikov.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:43 am

Statues of historical characters are being toppled, but I've just read that a statue to George Flloyd has been erected in New York (?). Someone who attempted to swindle a shopkeeper by trying to buy cigarettes with counterfeit money. Haven’t we got our priorities in a twist ? ( not that that act required the perpetrator to be killed, of course)

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by 1DC » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:54 am

If you read George's full criminal record I doubt if he would consider trying to swindle a few ciggies doing anything wrong..

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by om15 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:18 pm

enid-blyton.jpg
enid-blyton.jpg (310.57 KiB) Viewed 914 times

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:08 am

If you read George's full criminal record I doubt if he would consider trying to swindle a few ciggies doing anything wrong..
So now he is being idolised and put on a pedestal ?

prospector
Capt
Capt

#8 Post by prospector » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:22 am

Wonder how long it will be before statues of the great liberator of the blacks in Zimbabwe are being erected around the world. The great peace loving, highly skilled economist, Robert Mugabe.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:06 am

Great response from SecDef and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Military leaders push back on questions by Rep. Gaetz about critical race theory
“So what is wrong with understanding, having some situational awareness of the country which we are here to defend?” asked Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... e-n1272190

Military leaders excoriated Rep. Matt Gaetz during a House hearing on Wednesday after the Florida Republican raised questions about critical race theory being taught to the nation’s soldiers.

"We do not teach critical race theory, we don't embrace critical theory and I think that is a spurious conversation," Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin told Gaetz during a House Armed Services Committee hearing. "And so we are focused on extremism behaviors and not ideology, not people's thoughts, not people's political orientations."

Gaetz and other Republican lawmakers on the committee had criticized reports that the U.S. Military Academy teaches a course involving critical race theory, which is an umbrella term coined in academia in the 1970s that is broadly defined as exploring the idea that racism goes beyond individual prejudice and is interwoven in the nation’s laws and institutions, particularly the criminal justice and health care systems.

Gaetz claimed that he has heard from soldiers who have raised concerns about the subject being taught.

However, Austin sharply responded to that suggestion.

"And thanks for your anecdotal input, but I would say I've gotten 10 times that amount of input, 50 times the amount of input on the other side that have said, 'We are glad to have had a conversation with ourselves and our leadership,'" Austin said, reiterating that they do not teach the subject.

"I trust my leadership from top to bottom."

Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, also pushed back at the accusation.

“I’ve read Mao Tse-tung. I’ve read Karl Marx. I’ve read Lenin. That doesn’t make me a Communist,” Milley said. “So what is wrong with understanding, having some situational awareness of the country which we are here to defend?”

Milley said it is important for leaders to be open-minded and well-read on various subjects. He said that he wanted to understand “white rage,” particularly after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America? What caused that? I want to find that out. I want to maintain an open mind here, I do want to analyze that,” he said. “I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, noncommissioned officers of being ‘woke’ or something else.”

PP

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by John Hill » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:02 am

“I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, noncommissioned officers of being ‘woke’ or something else.”
I am not surprised that the US military is not 'woke'.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:39 am

It is very reassuring that the UK taxpayers’ dosh is being sprayed at the “woke” agenda as I was getting concerned at the amounts being squandered on other less deserving causes;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/08/13/wok ... -research/

It is even more unusual that the last 13 years have seen such a significant development in BS under the aegis of a supposedly “conservative” guvvment!

Then I suffer a panic attack at the thought of what might have transpired under a “labour” administration and go back to being grateful that my time on the planet is relatively brief compared with our luckless offspring and their offspring! X(

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by tango15 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:50 pm

I find it interesting that at the Premier League football matches, 'the knee' is still being taken, whilst in the lower leagues, matched begin as before. Most of the Premier League matches are televised live. Most of the other league's matches are not. Take from that what you will.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:32 pm

From Daily Sceptic today;

"Corporate Wokeness Is Becoming a Deeply Sinister Threat to Our Freedom.

Under the guise of Environmental, Social and Governance criteria, U.K. enterprises are subtly shifting their decision-making, blending fiscal concerns with societal and environmental agendas. In the Telegraph, Emma Webb and Thomas Harris caution that the economic ‘unpersoning’ of critical voices could soon quash dissent. Here’s an excerpt:

‘Environmental, Social and Governance’ (ESG) is fast becoming the most pernicious phrase you’ve never heard of. The underlying idea is that investors shouldn’t just care about the bottom line, but about corporate governance, social impact and environmental damage. It sounds harmless, but has become the latest vector for the woke subversion of our institutions.

ESG has now become embedded in kitemarking systems that rank companies according to their policies on issues like Net Zero and ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI). ESG scores can affect how much investment they receive, and so carry financial clout. Organisations from Coutts to the Church of England’s investment bodies have signed up to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment, which incorporate ESG considerations into investment practices.

It would be dangerously mistaken to imagine these are distant corporate ‘#BeKind’ policies that don’t affect us. The threat these practices pose to the market and individual freedoms have been compared to cartels and the Chinese Communist Party’s social credit system, in which those with a score too low cannot get a mortgage or travel on high-speed trains.

The Free Speech Union (FSU) reports that one in 20 of its cases are directly related to EDI training. For many, these cases have involved the loss of their livelihoods, and for others disruption to their financial lives. When you see de-banking banks talking about ‘purpose’ and ‘values’, or HR departments dragging an employee through the wringer for ‘wrongspeak’, if you follow the trail far enough, you will likely reach ESG.

This situation may soon get worse. It was reported last week that the organisation B Lab U.K. is lobbying for a change in the law to further embed these practices in British companies. The so-called ‘Better Business Act’ would amend section 172 of the Companies Act 2006 to give directors a duty to consider “people and the planet”, not just profit. As we’ve seen with ESG policies, what this means in practice is the importation of woke ideology.' "

And then THEY wonder why anyone with experience and value to contribute to any organisation can't wait to leave such a workplace, whether by early retirement or seeking USEFUL employment elsewhere.

I am still wondering whether a pitchfork hurts more 'out of the box' or after the tines have been sharpened, so must be off to stack some hay in the barn.