Sydney in lockdown, borders shut and hardly anyone vaccinated.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
admin
Chief Engineer

Sydney in lockdown, borders shut and hardly anyone vaccinated.

#1 Post by admin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:49 pm

"Dear Customers, We will be closed for the foreseeable future because Scott Morrison is a useless dickhead who only ordered enough vaccine to vaccinate 4% of the population 18 months into a pandemic," reads the sign, shared on Twitter, in reference to the Australian Prime Minister.

Artist James Powditch put up the testy sign at the Roulette store and art studio he runs on Saturday, as the city of 5 million people, plus towns and cities in its surrounds, went into yet another hard lockdown, this time for two whole weeks. By Sunday, a cluster of coronavirus infections of the Delta variant that began in Sydney's Bondi neighborhood had grown to 110 cases.

Australia was celebrated for its initial response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and for getting its economy more or less back on track long ago. But with that security has come complacency, particularly in the federal government, which failed to secure enough vaccine doses to prevent the regular "circuit breaker" lockdowns that come every time a handful of cases emerge, or even the longer restrictions that Sydney is experiencing now.

Australia's borders, controlled by strict quarantine measures, have been all but shut for more than a year. Now Australians, who basked in their early successes, are wondering how much longer this can go on. "We can't leave the country, people can't come in, and we end up periodically in lockdowns, which cost a friggin' fortune," said Powditch.
"People have been accepting that this is a diabolically difficult situation, but once we start watching the rest of the world open up, we're going to turn to anger over the way things like vaccines have been rolled out here."

Already there are signs that Australians are getting weary of these sporadic disruptions to their lives. On Sunday, large crowds were seen on Bondi Beach, despite the stay-at-home orders. While outdoor exercise is allowed, images from Bondi showed people bathing in the winter sun and sitting on benches with drinks.

A 48-hour lockdown was also imposed in parts of Australia's Northern Territory, including its capital, Darwin, after four Covid-19 cases were linked to a worker at a gold mine. He is believed to have become infected during an overnight stay at a quarantine hotel in Brisbane. Now painstaking efforts to trace all 900 workers who have left the mine for cities across Australia over recent days are under way, as the country relies heavily on a robust track-and-trace system to keep clusters contained. Australia has recorded just 910 deaths in its population of 25 million, one of the lowest per capita death tolls in the developed world, and cases have remained low as well.

While it beat much of the world in getting its economy back up and running, its tourism sector has taken a massive hit, its universities are struggling without the fees international students usually bring and some Australians, who travel abroad in relatively high numbers, are starting to feel the itch to go on holidays overseas.

Even New Zealand -- the only country with which Australians had an open travel corridor -- announced a three-day suspension of quarantine-free travel between the nations starting Saturday because of the outbreaks.

Australia has fully vaccinated just over 4% of its population, compared with more than 46% in the US and 47% in the UK, according to Our World in Data. Its rates are more comparable with Indonesia and India, which, like much of the developing world, were left out of the agreements with pharmaceutical companies that secured hundreds of millions of vaccine doses for most of the rich world. Compounding the problem is hesitancy towards Covid-19 vaccines in Australia.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/27/aust ... index.html

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Sydney in lockdown, borders shut and hardly anyone vaccinated.

#2 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Exactly where is Australia in regard to procurement of vaccines? :-o :-?
It it not a third world nor non-rich country. [-X

PP

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by bob2s » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:45 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 pm

PP
Seems we backed the wrong horse in the choice of vaccines with the Commonwealth Serum Lab making the Astra Zeneca jab.This cut the supply line dramatically when it was shown that one could get Blood Clots,plenty of this jab for those that want it, but if not, then you have to wait for the Pfizerjab to be imported at 300 thousand a week raising to 600 thousand in July.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by llondel » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:52 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57634166
Two nude sunbathers in Australia have been fined for breaching Covid rules after they got spooked by a deer and had to be rescued from bushland.

The men, who were sunbathing on a beach south of Sydney, were found after they called for assistance.

They were fined A$1,000 (US$750; £547) for breaching a public health order banning those in greater Sydney from travelling outside the area.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:53 am

Bob, negative Sir. The UK's main vaccine has been the Astrazeneca one, and they are reported to have vaccinated nearly 50% of their population without drama. The 3 month wait between jabs here is wholly and entirely a political choice. The US is reporting increased incidences of heart inflammation associated with Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. But no one is mentioning that.

Spoke with the Victorian Covid help line last week, and they made me an appointment for my 2nd jab this morning. Told them that it was only eight weeks since 1st jab - no prob. Went there and the people doing the jabs refused to give me a 2nd jab. Stating they weren't authorised to give 2nd jabs before three months is up. Morons. Meanwhile we are importing plane loads of "expats" from India with the Delta Plus variant. But don't expect to see any govt politicians at your funeral.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by llondel » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:00 am

Is it because there's a naturally occurring higher incidence of clots in the Oz government?

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#7 Post by bob2s » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:28 am

Alison,from the attached it would seem that the 3month wait between jabs for the AstraZenaca is not political but medical,then again who do you believe.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... -intervals

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:28 am

I did the first jab of AstraZeneca on May 4th (force may be with me) and I am schedule for the second one this afternoon.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:50 am

From our Branch Covidian down under in Oz and it seems like the Aussies are finally revolting, just like the peasants in all the other countries tiring of this farce;

https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/07/pr ... tever-for/

Item # 12 from the “Let me help ...” section should serve as a warning to the power elites that they may not be as unassailable as they believe? :-?

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by John Hill » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:41 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 pm

PP
Special Australian conditions apply.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:24 pm

Seems as if Oz has gone like the UK, a formerly spirited and adventurous and assertive nation reduced to a pathetic relic of their former selves.

In fact, just like poor old Blighty, as our ancestors are spinning in their graves, not one of them with Covid1984 mentioned on their death certificates;

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/0 ... e-hopkins/

What some will do to their fellow humans in the hopeless fruitless irrational quest for the holy grail of everlasting zero-Covid... ~X(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:02 am

“Ihre papiere, bitte ! ! “

https://www.rt.com/news/532025-sydney-m ... i-comment/

I say Bruce old chap, that’s a bit strong isn’t it? Couldn’t you phrase it more subtly so as not to offend the ‘woke’ and the snowflakes in our midst?!

Terribly tactless of you to mention the War. I did once, but I think I got away with it...

Thanks, Basil Fawlty! =))

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:41 am

I did once, but I think I got away with it...
So did I, and more than once.

Just lucky, I guess.

But is it not a sign of the times when anyone who disagrees with 'the status quo' is automatically declared racist/sexist/whatever.... :-q
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:07 am

Pinky sez; "But is it not a sign of the times when anyone who disagrees with 'the status quo' is automatically declared racist/sexist/whatever.... :-q"

Or even barking mad, as occurs frequently in this august body of intellectuals... :-$

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by barkingmad » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:44 pm

I was under the impression that after WW2, all the surviving Nazis who fled Europe either ended up in the US space industry or finished their days in South America.

Is it possible some leakage occurred and the some slime ended up in Oz?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/oILEomovmtDu/

“And then they came for the children”. X(

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Boac » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:56 pm

You must be proud of the 'comments' on ShitChute. Terrific site! I've spotted yours.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by barkingmad » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:56 pm
You must be proud of the 'comments' on ShitChute. Terrific site! I've spotted yours.
So you think the treatment of the kids is not worth comment?

I’m surprised you got as far as the comments section.

Your contribution to our knowledge reduces day by day, reduced to making disparaging remarks about either the source of the material, the presenter or the delivery.

Maybe best you and those of your persuasion **** off to some ghastly spit & sawdust pub where you can vomit your bile against the messengers instead of looking at the message.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Boac » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:14 pm

Looking at the comments section gives a clear view of the audience. It's not pretty.

ribrash

#19 Post by ribrash » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:33 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:45 pm
Boac wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:56 pm
So you think the treatment of the kids is not worth comment?

I’m surprised you got as far as the comments section.

Your contribution to our knowledge reduces day by day, reduced to making disparaging remarks about either the source of the material, the presenter or the delivery.

Maybe best you and those of your persuasion *f*ck* off to some ghastly spit & sawdust pub where you can vomit your bile against the messengers instead of looking at the message.
+10

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Pinky the pilot » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:08 am

Only caught the tail end of the Idiot Box news this evening, but if I heard correctly, the NSW Premier has announced that the Lockdown in Sydney will now continue until the end of September, and a curfew in Sydney (or parts of it) is now in force from 2100hrs to 0600 hrs and NSW Police have been given more power to enforce the above!

I leave comment to others. But can anyone tell me why I seem to hear very faintly a huge crowd repeatedly shouting something that sounds like....seig heil?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.