FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: New Zealand

#441 Post by FD2 » Sun May 14, 2023 4:16 am

Tricky rescue for an S76 https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-adv ... HUYDNTLHU/
S76 rescue.png
S76 rescue.png (264.79 KiB) Viewed 786 times
Northland coast boat rescue: Chopper hoists elderly patient from vessel 240km north east of Bay of Islands

At that time the patient, who had suffered a serious medical event, was on board an 18m vessel about 130 nautical miles (240km) northeast of the Bay of Islands.

I don't know what AFCS kit the S76s up north are equipped with but getting down to a boat that size in the dark without any of the things we took for granted in Wessex/Sea King etc would be fairly exciting. No doubt there's a rad alt and GPS but beyond that I don't know. At least the boat was lit up like a Christmas tree.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#442 Post by FD2 » Sun May 14, 2023 5:12 am

It’s good to read that there’s something like a serious rescue aircraft up north but with the aircraft’s radar to assist them it looks much like night shuttles around the gas fields of the southern North Sea. The highline transfer would have taken some concentration though.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#443 Post by Karearea » Tue May 23, 2023 8:43 pm

The treatment of a kiwi is being criticised after the bird was filmed being stroked by zoo patrons under bright lighting as part of an encounter experience.

Videos show the kiwi at Florida's Zoo Miami being handled, fed and stroked by visitors.
"This video makes me feel a bit uncomfortable," one person said, referencing a time they visited a kiwi at an enclosure in New Zealand which had a large, darkened room in a quiet setting.
"There were ‘stars’ on the ceiling and nature sounds were playing in the background. It was super chill," they added. ...
Department of Conservation [DOC] to raise concerns with US zoo over treatment of kiwi
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#444 Post by FD2 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:04 pm

That was the second item on Three news last night - amazing - OUTRAGE!

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#445 Post by Karearea » Tue May 23, 2023 9:20 pm

I've seen the kiwis at Orana Park near Christchurch, one could view them from a darkened area as they bustled about their business in a dusky forest-like setting, seemingly oblivious of the watchers behind the window.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#446 Post by FD2 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:45 pm

Yes - we've seen them there too. Usually scurrying past in the gloom - very good natural habitat.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#447 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 29, 2023 7:19 pm

FD2 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:45 pm
Yes - we've seen them there too. Usually scurrying past in the gloom - very good natural habitat.
Having fallen in to this discussion @ post #446, I really thought I’d stumbled across a clue as to where Blessed Jacinda & her acolytes had retreated, following her fall/jump/push from total authoritarian power as practised over the last coupla years.

But then the rays of the setting sun, somewhere close to the meridian in the norn hemisphere, jerked me out of my G&T induced coma thereby reminding me that the mammals under discussion were regarded as “wild animals”!

Oooh how easily we can be totally fooled in a moment of inattention ! ! ^#(^

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#448 Post by John Hill » Mon May 29, 2023 8:15 pm

Are you really hot for Jacinda or does this picture offend you?

Meanwhile, Jacinda is in Orkland.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

"This is why we can't have nice things"

#449 Post by Karearea » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:41 pm

A 205-year-old war cannon has been stolen from the Auckland waterfront, just hours before it was due to be relocated.

The Crimean War weapon, which had been situated at The Landing in Okahu Bay for the last 71 years was supposed to be moved by the council on June 1.

When their truck driver showed up in the afternoon to pick it up, the cannon was missing. ...
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/ ... waterfront

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#450 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:21 am

This is yet another reason why I have no confidence in our newly Corona’d KC3 if this is the sort of jape into which he allows himself to be embroiled;

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/06/05/jaci ... y-honours/

But I suppose as they are both close associates of His Highness Klaus Von KnobSchwab of the WEF, it should come as no surprise?

Never a truer word was spoken, as this quote from herself;

“I'll probably spend the rest of my life trying to find ways to be useful to the place that I call home." :)) =))

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#451 Post by John Hill » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:36 am

barkingmad wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:21 am
This is yet another reason why I have no confidence in our newly Corona’d KC3 if this is the sort of jape into which he allows himself to be embroiled;
You really do have an unhealthy obsession with our Jacinda. =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#452 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:44 am

John Hill wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:36 am
barkingmad wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:21 am
You really do have an unhealthy obsession with our Jacinda. =))
I do, the sight of those teeth are a real turn-off when I imagine what damage they could do to my poor time-expired anatomy.

That's just part of my intense dislike for someone who rode to apparent competence, worshipful and saintlike status in the wake of the Christchurch shootings.

Now she has stepped back before the ordure hits the fan over the NZ guvvment plandemic handling, for which presumably there'll be an inquiry modelled on the British SOP of delay and obfuscation... ~X(

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#453 Post by John Hill » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:57 pm

That is a pretty heavy list.....

Just what did we do wrong in NZ regarding the recent pandemic?

She really mis-handled that Christchurch massacre but I am sure you could tell us what she should have done.

Wrong teeth? I am afraid that is a natural consequence of dental care practices in this country.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#454 Post by FD2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:25 pm

John Hill wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:57 pm
That is a pretty heavy list.....

Just what did we do wrong in NZ regarding the recent pandemic?

She really mis-handled that Christchurch massacre but I am sure you could tell us what she should have done.

Wrong teeth? I am afraid that is a natural consequence of dental care practices in this country.
+1 Come on barking! We need answers!

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#455 Post by John Hill » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:11 pm

Barking is still looking for this...
https://www.slanecartoon.com/media/a4b4 ... vid-skulls

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#456 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:12 am

Not wishing to imitate prince Harry in court in London, but I have no recall about any criticism I am supposed to have made about the Toothy Tyrant’s handling of the Christchurch shootings.

You have obviously missed or deliberately ignored the phrase “in the wake of...”?

Re the plandemic, the naive assumption she could defeat/eliminate the ‘plague’ by isolating NZ and her assertion that the only truth about the situation would come from her guvvment are both classic examples of the type of hubris we have come to expect from a Glowball Young Leader.

As per the output from Bliar, Turdeau and others of that ilk, we are expected to swallow the ordure they emit, which is is direct contravention of the efforts of Homo sapiens to reduce and ultimately to end pollution of the planet.

Her dental display is more likely due to the bodily fluid combination of her parents and therefore outside her control, but the NZ dental profession should have the skills and equipment to minimise the condition and presumably as Supreme Leader, she could have engineered a better dental service for ALL Kiwis.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#457 Post by John Hill » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:35 am

You made a general criticism of Jacinda and now you want to refine it.

Jacinda and her government were elected with a responsibility for all NZers and her handling of the pandemic in the early stages must take the credit for the very low death toll at that time.

It is unfornate that we now have a steady death toll from Covid and it may be more than a coincidence that this is after Jacinda leaving office and the contamination of NZ by phuktard cow patty artistes such as you.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#458 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:03 am

J H sez:-“It is unfornate* that we now have a steady death toll from Covid and it may be more than a coincidence that this is after Jacinda leaving office and the contamination of NZ by phuktard cow patty artistes such as you.”

I had not realised that Covid is still rife in NZ, so that is hardly a shining example of the former Ardern administration’s efforts at “containing” and “eliminating” the virus.

Other countries are finally admitting that the ‘stabs’ are having a detrimental effect on their recipients but statistics, such as excess deaths in the UK being 22% above normal, seem to attract zero attention from neither their medical nor law enforcement bodies.

So how much of your “steady death toll” is likely due to the “Medical Counter Measure” introduced/mandated to ‘protect’ the NZ population from the ‘plague’?

For example does NZ publish Adverse Events stats such as this from the US?

https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data

And your accusation that “the contamination of NZ by phuktard cow patty artistes such as you“ implies the ‘plague’, which erupted in NZ some 12 months after I departed your beautiful country, was initiated by my prior visit early in 2019.

Yes, I do have bats flying around outside my northern kennel when the temperature permits but certify that I have never had carnal relations with them nor with any pangolins straying in North East England nor any combination thereof.

Your language seems to fly very close to the abuse of another O-N member, but I’m sure Admins will examine such verbiage and might even rule in your favour? [-X

'Admins' say "Your language seems to fly very close to the abuse of another O-N member" - nowhere near. Not by a country mile.

*unfortnate is not mentioned in any dictionary, can you clarify please? =))

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

What Reuter said/What Radio NZ published

#459 Post by Karearea » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:09 pm

Odd... :-?

click on tweet to view the two texts

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

What Reuter said/What Radio NZ published

#460 Post by Karearea » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:23 pm

Which, further to the above, this story just in:
RNZ is investigating how online stories about the war in Ukraine, which were supplied by an international news agency, were edited to align with the Russian version of events. A staff member has been placed on leave while other stories are audited. ...

“We are auditing other articles to check whether there are further problems,” the statement said.

RNZ chief executive Paul Thompson said the inappropriate editing of the stories to reflect a pro-Moscow perspective was deeply concerning and would be addressed accordingly.
NZ Herald: RNZ staffer stood down, investigation over Kremlin-friendly story edits